Do you have a backup camera?

does anyone have backup camera's to their main camera?

i've got a Nikon D3200, need a 'backup' camera. not really after another DSLR, more of a point and shoot, so looking for any idea's, budget really isn't that huge, around the £100 mark, will go higher if it's worth it. 

• 1 month later...

I just use my older cameras as backups. I use a Nikon D7200 as my main and have a Nikon D5100 and Nikon D40 as back ups. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/21/2016 at 5:52 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

my smartphone :laugh:

My answer as well, and it's not a bad one. I'm not a (d)SLR guy, never been that serious about cameras. My camera is a Canon Powershot SX720HS. It's a good point and shoot, maybe not an excellent one, but it's a good one. Always liked PowerShot. The full size ones, not the Elph line.

My backup camera is my iPhone 6s. It's got a great camera for a smartphone. Obviously there are better choices now, but this is a 2015 phone that happens to still work as good or almost as good as the first time I turned it on. I prefer Android, as an OS, but I've never seen an Android phone stay this snappy this long, even with factory resets (the iPhone has had none).  But, this isn't a phone thread, that's just my primary interest (phones, over cameras).

Anyway, the best camera is the one you have on you, as the saying goes. Might as well have a good one. If you care about having a good smartphone camera, follow MKBHD on YouTube. Man knows his cameras, and his videos are, by far, the crispest and sharpest I've seen. Not only does he know cameras, he uses the good ones. Red something 8K ring a bell to anyone here? Or he has the 4K and wants the 8K. And what I learned from him is Pixel > iPhone > Galaxy (S or Note, whatever's newest).