-----

What was shown:

• GoW reboot
  • Days Gone
  • TLG October 25th 2016
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Detroit Become Human
  • RE7, January 24, 2017, PSVR title, Demo available for PS+
  • PSVR releasing October 13th 2016, $399. 50 games from launch til end of year
  • VR titles showcase:
  1. Far Point
  2. SW:B X-Wing VR Mission
  3. Batman Arkham VR
  4. FFXV
  • CoD Infinite Warfare
  • MW1, SP 30 days early on PS4
  • Crash Bandicoot 1, 2 and 3 remastered for PS4
  • Skylands Crash Bandicoot and create your own Skylander
  • Lego SW Ep VIII, demo available today
  • Kojima Productions, PS4 Exclusive Death Stranding, starring Norman Reedus
  • Insomniac's Spider-Man, PS4 Exclusive
  • Days Gone live gameplay

-----
Games

TBA

------
Live streams

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/

https://gaming.youtube.com/e3
http://www.ign.com/events/e3
http://www.spike.com

https://www.twitch.tv/event/E3

• Like 1

• Andrew pinned this topic
+Audioboxer

Latest rumours of not announced stuff are

Knack 2 

GoW 4

Dead Don't Ride (Bend Studios)

Something "exclusive" from R* (Agent?)

Crash coming back (via Skylanders... lol. If true though probably real Crash game as well)

Some sort of Spiderman game

Devil May Cry 5 (99.9% multiplat)

Neo (duh)

I'd say Read Dead Redemption 2 above but that will be 100% multiplat.

Andrew

DMC5, gimme gimme gimme :woot:

Looking forward to the show, but it's going to be hard to top last year. Aka the mother of all E3 press conferences :laugh:

Andrew

+Audioboxer

Some murmurs about Resident Evil 7 supporting PSVR.

Also one which I can't believe, it's going to be a PS exclusive. Would be a bad move. SF4 with Sony paying for it okay, RE does not need that at all.

+Audioboxer
26 minutes ago, Andrew said:

God of War 4 to be announced at E3 2016, insider says

Wouldn't be a surprise, seeing as screenshots / artwork leaked 2 months ago (IIRC).

Yes please. ND move aside, we got a new graphical masterpiece to show off.

• Like 1

+Audioboxer

This conference better be

Ballin-Text.gif

to keep me up to 2am.

GoW4

Ni No Kuni 2

TLG

Gameplay please (TLG is a given, but I want to see more).

Here's hoping Read Dead Redemption 2 makes an appearance. I'm not even whispering the A word. 

Andrew
3 minutes ago, Audioboxer said:

This conference better be

Ballin-Text.gif

to keep me up to 2am.

GoW4

Ni No Kuni 2

TLG

Gameplay please (TLG is a given, but I want to see more).

Here's hoping Read Dead Redemption 2 makes an appearance. I'm not even whispering the A word. 

Where is Chad Warden now I wonder..

+Audioboxer
1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Where is Chad Warden now I wonder..

I am Chad all along :shiftyninja:

• Like 1

dipsylalapo

Wish I could stay up, but by 5am start is killing me. I'll have to catch up in the AM. Hope it doesn't disappoint

• Like 1

+Audioboxer
2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I don't think they or anyone else can top last year, personally.

If the A word is somehow a reality it will be close.

Andrew
Just now, Audioboxer said:

If the A word is somehow a reality it will be close.

Oh it is real, you have my word, but whether or not it is there this year I don't know.

+Audioboxer
Just now, Andrew said:

Oh it is real, you have my word, but whether or not it is there this year I don't know.

Insider Andy. Dropping bombs.

If I stay awake and it isn't there I'm going to set Kai on you.

Andrew
Just now, Audioboxer said:

Insider Andy. Dropping bombs.

If I stay awake and it isn't there I'm going to set Kai on you.

I said I didn't know if it was there :p But is real and in dev.

+Audioboxer
Just now, Andrew said:

I said I didn't know if it was there :p But is real and in dev.

I see what you did there :shifty:

I'm away to try and find Mike, I've got a few hours to track him down. If he isn't in custody.

• Like 1

Luc2k

Alright, you've had your fun. What is "the A word"?

+Audioboxer
5 minutes ago, Luc2k said:

Alright, you've had your fun. What is "the A word"?

Uggggh, fine.

Agent lol.

Luc2k
2 minutes ago, Audioboxer said:

Uggggh, fine.

Agent lol.

Oh that. I think my brain is running in slow motion right now.

Imagine if the game was actually named Agent Lol.

• Like 1

soniqstylz

+Audioboxer

15 minutes, hype commence!

Sony's stage is something else 

Ck30BmuUkAAeB3x.jpg

+Audioboxer

Starting now. Live orchestra lol

• Andrew unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chandrakant
      Sony enables PlayStation 5 SSD upgrades via M.2 slot for beta testers
      by Chandrakant Isi

Sony's PlayStation 5 shipped with a dormant M.2 expansion slot. Months after the launch, the Japanese company is now opening up the M.2 slot to beta testers. Those who like to tinker with their gaming console can boost its internal storage by adding an SSD. If you would like to give it a shot, Sony has provided an elaborate guide with some software and hardware requirements.

For starters, PCIe Gen4 x4 M.2 NVMe SSDs with capacity ranging from 250 GB to 4 TB are advised to be used with Sony's console. The recommended sequential read speed is 5,500MB/s or faster. More importantly, you can't simply stick any SSD into the PS5. Sony requires it to feature an effective heat dissipation system. You can either go with an SSD with a built-in cooling system or buy an aftermarket cooling solution and add it yourself. However, you will have to ensure the SSD module size including the heatsink element should be less than 110 mm (L) x 25 mm (W) x 11.25 mm (H).

If all this hasn't deterred you from going ahead with the storage expansion process, it is time to ensure your system software is compatible with this feature. At this point, only the beta firmware supports the M.2 slot. So first, head over to this link to register for the PS5 beta program. It is only open for gamers in the US, Canada, Japan, UK, Germany, and France. If you are lucky enough to get selected for the beta program, the next step is to install the beta system software from Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings.

Once you have the software ready, the next part requires you to pop open your expensive PS5, which is quite hard to come by due to the global chip shortage. Hence, we recommend heading over to PlayStation.com and carefully follow the steps provided by the manufacturer.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Sony has now sold 10 million PlayStation 5 consoles
      by Usama Jawad

Yesterday, Microsoft reported revenue for the fourth quarter of its 2021 fiscal year. While the company didn't reveal exact sales figures, it did highlight that gaming revenue grew by 11% (7% in Constant Currency (CC)), with hardware revenues increasing by 172% YoY (163% in CC), making the latest Xbox devices the fastest-selling consoles in the Redmond giant's history. Today, Sony has disclosed some sales figures for its PlayStation 5 consoles as well.

Sony officially unveiled the pricing for its PlayStation 5 consoles in September 2020, and the machines were made available for purchase in November 2020. Due to strong demand, global chip shortages, and scalpers, the company has struggled to supply retailers with units.

However, Reuters now reports that Sony has confirmed to it via email that 10 million PlayStation 5 units have been sold as of July 18, 2021. For reference, it took Sony nine months to sell the same number of PlayStation 4 consoles, which makes the PS5 the company's fastest-selling console lineup in history as well.

Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan also admitted that the firm is facing difficulties in keeping up with the demand, saying that:

Sony also revealed that it has sold 6.5 million copies of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, though it is important to remember that the title is cross-generation. While Microsoft didn't disclose the number of Xbox units sold, Niko Partners' Senior Analyst Daniel Ahmad estimates that a total of 6.5 million Xbox Series X and Series S consoles had been sold as of June 30, 2021. The consoles were made available for purchase on November 10, a few days earlier than the PlayStation 5.

Source: Sony via Reuters

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.8.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.8.0 changelog:

General:

Added youtube-dl engine which fixes support for YouTube channel feeds Added automatic names for web feeds in the user interface, and the ability to add/edit manual names for web streams Added sample web radio stream Added support for pasting YouTube channels directly, instead of needing the feed URLs Improved performance and logging for unmonitored files Fixed several web content user interface bugs Fixed sample web feeds and streams not being loaded on macOS Fixed broken sample web feeds Fixed/updated readme links Fixed web bump interface Fixed broken thumbnail caching on macOS Fixed support for mp3 radio streams on the web interface Fixed support for radio streams without thumbnails on the web interface Translation updates via Crowdin:

Danish (100%) (thanks, NCAA!) English (United Kingdom) (36%) (thanks, Pete Russell!) Finnish (100%) (thanks, Esko Gardner!) Italian (99%) (thanks, Dimitri Graffi!) Korean (100%) (thanks, VenusGirl!) Portuguese (99%) (thanks, mariopinto!) Portuguese (Brazilian) (96%) (thanks, Mauro.A!) Turkish (100%) (thanks, Burak Yavuz!) Dependencies:

Bump commons-io from 2.10.0 to 2.11.0 Bump FFmpeg to latest Git versions Bump logback-version from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 Bump oshi-core from 5.7.5 to 5.8.0 Bump rome from 1.15.0 to 1.16.0 Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.2.3 to 4.3.0 Bump Video.js from 7.10.1 to 7.13.3 Download: Universal Media Server 10.8.0 | 161.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Copernic
      Universal Media Server 10.7.0
      by Razvan Serea

Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.

Universal Media Server 10.7.0 changelog:

General:

Improved detection of movies and anime episodes Increased default max memory on Windows machines with 8+ GB RAM Removed filename from entries inside the TRANSCODE folder Fixed upnp:class in UPnP search results (thanks, ik666!) Fixed the "Reset the cache" button not resetting API metadata too Fixed failed database upgrade for fully played statuses Fixed FFmpeg crash Fixed marking a directory as fully played not changing cached thumbnails Renderers:

Improved support for VLC on iPhone Translation updates via Crowdin:

Czech (100%) Danish (100%) (thanks, NCAA!) Finnish (100%) (thanks, Esko Gardner!) French (100%) (thanks, Archaos!) Hungarian (94%) (thanks, Zatamon!) Korean (100%) (thanks, VenusGirl!) Polish (100%) (thanks, Karol Szastok!) Portuguese (99%) (thanks, mariopinto!) Portuguese (Brazilian) (96%) (thanks, Mauro.A!) Romanian (100%) (thanks, FlorinT!) Russian (89%) (thanks, Dmitry Lavrentev!) Turkish (100%) (thanks, Burak Yavuz!) Dependencies:

Bump assertj-core from 3.19.0 to 3.20.2 Bump checkstyle from 8.43 to 8.44 Bump commons-io from 2.9.0 to 2.10.0 Bump doxia-module-docbook-simple from 1.9.1 to 1.10 Bump git-commit-id-plugin from 4.0.4 to 4.0.5 Bump jaudiotagger from 2.2.5 to 2.2.7 Bump maven-idea-plugin from 2.2.1 to 2.3-atlassian-10 Bump oshi-core from 5.7.4 to 5.7.5 Download: Universal Media Server 10.7.0 | 153.0 MB (Open Source)
      Download: Other operating systems
      View: Universal Media Server Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By LoneWolfSL
      Sony has acquired the PC porting specialized studio Nixxes
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Only days after Sony Interactive Entertainment announced it was welcoming Housemarque to PlayStation Studios, it has revealed another studio acquisition, this time bringing in the Netherlands-based developer Nixxes Software. Since its inception in the late 90s, the company has focused solely on providing support for other studios, often porting games to more platforms.

Until now, Nixxes has only given support to Square Enix-published games, developing the PC ports. The work range from classics like Legacy of Cain to most recently Marvel's Avengers. It has also helped with Crystal Dynamic's Tomb Raider games, both new and old lineups, as well as Eidos Montreal's Deus Ex series.

"I highly respect Nixxes and am excited for this very experienced team to become part of the world-class development community at SIE," PlayStation Studios head Hermen Hulst said regarding the latest acquisition. "They have a passion for improving games and for delivering the best possible experience for gamers. Nixxes will be a strong asset for everyone across PlayStation Studios, helping our teams focus on their most important goal, which is to create unique PlayStation content at the best possible quality.”

Adding to that, Nixxes founder and senior director Jurjen Katsman said:

Much like previous acquisitions of Sony, details surrounding the deal, such as pricing, have not been made public.

It is an interesting pick up for Sony. Considering Nixxes' experience with porting, the studio may serve as the company's go-to place for bringing over more PlayStation exclusives to PC — something Sony is now more focused on — without having to divert too much manpower from the original developer.