Fallout 4 Deluxe Edition Free on Xbox One

Says not available now while a second ago, said 0.00 but no buy button.  No way it would be free.

And now....

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.

It appears you've found a glitch in the system. Please try again later.

HAHAHAHA it's too late for you guys then. A lot of us managed to buy it for free WITH the DLC's.

He is in a good mood, that is pretty understandable. Wouldn't surprise me though if Microsoft came knocking and revokes the purchase.

5 minutes ago, Mr.XXIV said:

HAHAHAHA it's too late for you guys then. A lot of us managed to buy it for free WITH the DLC's.

So? Good for you.  I got Titanfall for free 2 years ago. 

Just now, rdlenk said:

He is in a good mood, that is pretty understandable. Wouldn't surprise me though if Microsoft came knocking and revokes the purchase.

wouldnt be the first time it happened...but kind of hard to do if it is already listed in your game library and if it is downloaded.

15 minutes ago, techbeck said:

wouldnt be the first time it happened...but kind of hard to do if it is already listed in your game library and if it is downloaded.

It's probably stupidly easy these days, a single change in your online games catalogue and your downloaded version no longer has update rights and season pass is removed. :p

License may be revoked if it was for real an error on MS part.  Guess the Season Pass was free on PS a while back by mistake and licenses were revoked then.  We shall see.

Apparently support said it was a promo.

57 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Congrats?  Big deal? Don't see what is so funny here.  But whatever makes you laugh I guess. 

Boy, you see it right there. BUT YEAA YEAA, congrats to me snookie.

Posted on Twitter.  So good luck to those who DLed and end up being able to keep their copy.  Tho, I kind of doubt it considering that the season pass was free as well so that is what, an additional $60 per copy of the free download that Bethesda/MS will have to eat.

We shall see.

Edit:  Seeing posts from people now that the game no longer appears in their game list.

Capture.PNG

1 minute ago, techbeck said:

Posted on Twitter.  So good luck to those who DLed and end up being able to keep their copy.  Tho, I kind of doubt it considering that the season pass was free as well so that is what, an additional $60 per copy of the free download that Bethesda/MS will have to eat.

We shall see.

Capture.PNG

The promo was expired about a hour ago... 

1 minute ago, techbeck said:

What promo?  This was a mistake and appears licenses are going to be revoked.

i know... Someone found it and posted it on this site which you see it here:

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 8.52.08 PM.png

http://www.dealzon.com/deals/fallout-4

The glitches could happen from time to time ...   if you got it for free or low cost, you are lucky... otherwise they can revoke it and/or ask you to charge if you want to accept it. If not, they can cancel the pending orders.

I have seen the glitches on other sites other than the games sites.

It was never a promo, though. Promo is short for promotion, which means intentional. This was a glitch that a few people exploited. Exploiting a flaw in a website to get a game for free is basically the same thing as piracy. If you see a store is unlocked after hours, it doesn't mean you can walk in and take what you like for free. Though, many people will, and fortunately for them, all Microsoft will do is revoke the license. I would think they would be well within their rights to close any offending accounts, terminating all their licenses. But however justified, I don't think Microsoft wants the PR hit that would inevitably follow.

19 minutes ago, dragontology said:

It was never a promo, though. Promo is short for promotion, which means intentional. This was a glitch that a few people exploited. Exploiting a flaw in a website to get a game for free is basically the same thing as piracy. If you see a store is unlocked after hours, it doesn't mean you can walk in and take what you like for free. Though, many people will, and fortunately for them, all Microsoft will do is revoke the license. I would think they would be well within their rights to close any offending accounts, terminating all their licenses. But however justified, I don't think Microsoft wants the PR hit that would inevitably follow.

Agreed.  And it is not like FO4 is not worth the money.  It is worth every penny and I do not mind paying for the game at all.  I lost count how much time I spent playing the game (yes, I can check in game) and it is games like this I like.  It is people paying for the games that keeps the content coming and companies producing them.

Yeah. I'm in for $75 on Skyrim. I didn't buy it at first. I forget what I was playing back then, but I wasn't in a rush. I ended up paying $22.50 for it at GMG, and then I got all the DLCs for half off, so $10 (x2) and $2.50, or $45 all told. Then I bought it for $10 on Xbox, and then Legendary on Xbox for $20 (cheaper than buying the DLC). But I got about 750 hours in on it, so even though I bought it three times, I got ten hours for every dollar I spent on it. So when Fallout 4 was announced, or rather when the Pip-boy Edition was, I immediately pre-ordered it, and bought the Season Pass when it was available as well. So I'm into Fallout 4 for $160 ($130 for the PBE, and $30 for the Season Pass). Over twice as much. I'm not sure I'll get 1,600 hours in on it, to get the same value, but I might, eventually. I really don't play that many games. It's basically just been Fallout 4 since November, though I've dropped into Skyrim a couple times. I do plan on playing Rise of the Tomb Raider and Deus Ex Mankind Divided, but by far most games just don't appeal to me. Too casual, too hard, too whatever. Only a few games hit the sweet spot. I play so few I might not even call myself a gamer, though it's more like the industry no longer caters to my demographic. I'm 36, and what I want isn't what the younger crowd wants. They want Call of Duty and Angry Birds. They want multiplayer where hacking the server is bigger than the skill that goes into the game — this isn't Quake 3, this isn't Unreal Tournament. It's wall hacks and aim bots. An in-app purchases for days. And I'm glad Bethesda's getting paid from those guys as well, with Fallout Shelter, and they have the Elder Scrolls card game coming up. But as long as they keep producing the good action role-playing games, they'll get my money.

• DrunknMunky locked this topic