Whats the best VS you've ever used?

b0se DMX 2.1

I never liked visual styles, thought they were resource hogs and unusable because they decrease productivity due to the many annoying render glitches and bugs, espically in windows blind.

Until I tried b0se DMX 2.1. In my opinion, this is his best work period. It's beautiful. There are other themes from b0se that are pretty good, but there's always something I don't like about them. DMX2.1 is flawless. It's fast and easy on the eyes. I liked it so much that it became my perminent VS. I even made a wallpaper template to match the theme. I also found a Y'Z toolbar icon set to go with it. And made skins for other apps to match the DMX2.1 look, including a modified samurize script from stevofc. Take a look:

post-34-1073898623.jpg

Edited by mayamaniac

Panther

TallyHawk

was it.. prophecy? or something with a P by Xcert... ages ago.... i cant remember too well.

Windows Classic.

Dotty

Watercolor.

Splitfire.

probably loads more... cant remember ;)

Classix and Classix 2.0 would have to be the best VS i ever used i started using the first one and only switched when 2.0 came out and took me along time to change from it for more than a day

still havent found a favorite.... though i am actually content with recurve at the moment.... which is a feat for me... i usually only stick with msstyles while im developing them..heh

In the month I've been looking into this VS world, I think there's no VS Maker that can reach the creativity of some WindowBlinds skinmakers. There are just so many WindowBlinds skins that should be ported into VS! I'm not using WB just to not get my system screwed up (which would be very unprobable though).

I would love that you VS themers could listen to the crowd and port a lot fo WB skins ^_^

My first WinXP Change Look was: Nightshades by Lightstar (ThemeXP.org)

Here is my list of the Style I use... (more than others)

1. Nightshades by Lightstar - No Desktop Picture

8652.jpg

2. Good Day XP by MetalMax

s12536.jpg

Picture of mydesktop with this style: Wincustomize.com - Good Day XP - Angelina Jolie

3. LaST (Cobalt) by Paul Boyer / Mormegil

Check it at Wincustomize.com - LaST (Cobalt)

4. Christhmas Time by Paul Boyer / Mormegil

Check it at Wincustomize.com - Christmas Time

5. ChaNinja by ??? - No Desktop Picture

Check it at Wincustomize.com - ChaNinja

6. iGlass 2 by 00Zero Cool (I use this now) - No Desktop Picture Yet

Check it at Wincustomize.com - iGlass 2

Thats it...I have tried many more, but I love this!

• 2 years later...