Doom - FUN but random issues

Got my 1070 installed and bumped up to Ultra. Damn it looks great and runs silky smooth at 2560 X 1440.

1 minute ago, patseguin said:

Got my 1070 installed and bumped up to Ultra. Damn it looks great and runs silky smooth at 2560 X 1440.

Try the "Nightmare" graphic setting. :) 

47 minutes ago, jjkusaf said:

Try the "Nightmare" graphic setting. :) 

I don't see that...

22 minutes ago, patseguin said:

I don't see that...

Under Advanced ... Shadows Quality and Virtual Texturing Page Size.

20160708182332_1.jpg

WOW

New update for Doom just added Vulkan support. Just tried it out and I am getting between 165-210fps on my 1070 with an i5-3570.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2016 at 0:53 PM, Circaflex said:

Download Display Driver Uninstaller and have it run to clean out all nvidia drivers, then install fresh. That is always my course of action and has worked well over the years.

Nvidia drivers for years now has let you do a custom Clean install were it deletes all past drivers and installs fresh  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, notuptome2004 said:

Nvidia drivers for years now has let you do a custom Clean install were it deletes all past drivers and installs fresh  

While that is true, and something I am aware of, I still think DDU does a better job thoroughly cleaning all remnants of the previous drivers.

Here's a question. Doom plays super smooth on my setup at 2560 X 1440. If I decide to upgrade to a 4K monitor would I take a noticeable hit in performance from 2560 to 4k?