Favorite sport from different Country

OK. here be the 'rules' for the thread.

name your favorite sport that derives from a country other than your own.

my favorite non-american sport would have to be australian football. that game owns.

soccer, I wish we had a lot more of it in America.

i dont think soccer is as popular as Baseball, football/hockey... but didnt DC UNited (washington) sign this new phenom called Adu or Abu, a 14 year old kid? maybe then soccer would become more popular.

Gotta be soccer/football. Mostly English, Mexican and S. American - that's the easiest for me to get here. It's even easier for me to watch, say, a Man U match than it is a DC United match. O.o

i dont think soccer is as popular as Baseball, football/hockey... but didnt DC UNited (washington) sign this new phenom called Adu or Abu, a 14 year old kid? maybe then soccer would become more popular.

What the hell are you talking about Football (Soccer in Your American Terms) is the most popular sport on earth, an average of 45,000 can fit in a stadium thats what 2.5 times bigger then a hockey rink, and + more countries play football(soccer just to remind you again).

You dont see european countries playing American Football or baseball, or basketball

Soccer for me. As a Canadian I wish there was more to watch on TV. The World Cup is one of my favourite events. :D (Y)

get sattalite or shaw digital, my dad gets 2 every saturday morning 1 weekly game and i think 1 on sunday,(thats only english Premeir League)

I'm not sure if it's European or Australian but...whatever rugby is. Those are some mean, hardcore ******s; and I say that in a nice way. That is one sport I would much rather be a spectator of.

Also, I don't know the origins of lacrosse, but that game rocks, too. My mom played it in her high school days (like mid '60s) and she got me into watching it on ESPN (they televise alot of NCAA matches). And of course, hockey, although it seems like the US is raping Canada of their own sport.

Lacrosse - native american sport

rich.jpg

i played in high school for 4 years and 1 year in college.

i am a huge fan of it. it combines the endurance of soccer, moving of the ball like hockey,

brutality of football and the fastest game on 2 feet!!

there was a record set a year ago by a college team, the moved the ball over 1000 yards in less than 1 minute!!

Lacrosse Gear

Edited by Shifty

get sattalite or shaw digital, my dad gets 2 every saturday morning 1 weekly game and i think 1 on sunday,(thats only english Premeir League)

I realise this but it's hard to keep up if I miss a week then Sportscentre usually doesn't give scores and highlights. :(