Office XP look in Firefox/Thunderbird

Hey there, just registered to post this after seeing this topic linked from the Firebird forums.

This is absolutely awesome. ope you don't mind that I've emailed Firebird Help with a request to add this to the Tips and Tricks section.

- Chris

Cool that you've e-maild Firebird Help about it :yes:

Looks better with menu icons.

http://cute.mozdev.org/

This is for Qute, the default theme.

There's versions beyond 0.3 out there but it squished my menus.

I have never seen that thing before, but it looks beutiful, just started using it :D

YES!

Using this also fixes the thick tabs when using a Visual Style that makes it that way. Probably because the chrome code sets definite margins for the way Firebird looks. Awesome job, dude! :yes:

YES!

Using this also fixes the thick tabs when using a Visual Style that makes it that way. Probably because the chrome code sets definite margins for the way Firebird looks. Awesome job, dude! :yes:

I didnt even know there was such a thick tabs "bug" and I have no idea what in my tweak that fixed it... :)

I just fixed a bug that made the forward-button and the back-button have diffrent size if they where disabled. That made the whole line of buttons move if you switched from a tab width history to one without.

download the new version at the first page to get the bugfix

Very nice, thx for this, Firebird looks better than IE now. :happy::

Firebird doesnt need this tweak to look better than I.E:pp

I changed to your Office XP style from the XP menu style tweak and quite like but I might end up changing back although it might grow on me. Very nice none the less.:yes::

Only crit I have is it doesn?t change colour depending on the colour of the theme you are using on Windows like the XP Menu tweak does.

I like them Icons too from cute.mozdev.org, never knew it was possible to put icons there:D :D

Long live Firebird!

this broke the drop down menus on the back and forward buttons. other than that, great little hack...

It didnt break them, they are just disabled in the userChrome.css now. It can be fixed by editing the .css file. I'm not sure which line it is but i'm sure it shouldnt be to hard to figure out.

this broke the drop down menus on the back and forward buttons. other than that, great little hack...

It did not break the dropdown buttons for forward and back.

I just thought it looked better without them, but you can either put them back by commenting (/* .... /*) the two lines before the last one or you can simply rightclick on the buttons to get down the dropdownmenu.

By the way, I will try in the end of this week (when I get time) to make get the right colors even if the colors of your OS is not blue :)

I dont know if I will succeed doing that but maybe... :)

Looks like you might be missing a colon in your listbox style

In userChrome.css:

listbox {
  background white !important;
}

Should be:

listbox {
  background: white !important;
}

I think so anyway

Awesome work, works like a charm :)

Is there anyway to make the selected bookmarks toolbar item to act like the other menu items.. screenshot below to fix my fubar explanation..

http://koti.phnet.fi/toloti/Bookmark.jpg

Your theme made it act different than for me, but it is fixed no :). Download the new version.

Looks like you might be missing a colon in your listbox style

That code doesn't do anything useful so I removed it :) I probably put it there when I tested somthing and then forgot to remove it.

Thanks anyway for telling me :)

Hi Guys:

Tried 2 download this file with Explorer, Firebird and FlashGet and always get a corrupted 1960 Bytes ZIP. Could someone send it 2 my mail.

Thanks a lot. eduml@airtel.net

:D

• 4 weeks later...