Tech Companies Apple, Twitter, Google, and Instagram Collude to Defeat Trump

10 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Because it shows their bias. They have the authority to ban you. I am not saying that Nick is like that but I would venture to guess that is why they were somewhat restricted from doing so some years ago and trust me at the time they were very biased.

Maybe coment but not come out and say

Yes But I am only talking of The RWI or Politics section. This is a company. They make money.

fair point they make money on ad revenues, but its hardly Google, Apple or Walmart amounts of money id imagine. Id be surprised if they made much profit after paying hosting, development and bandwidth fees. I doubt anyone will vote for either party because neowin/neowin staff was claimed to lean either way buddy. 

Everyone has a bias, its human nature, for example i have a bias against AMD cpus and GPUs, but thats my own personal bias and view, through personal experience and preference for Intel and Nvidia (im a wintel engineer of 20yr) if a moderator advised someone to buy Nvidia due to his own preference, is that wrong?

Just because its politics being discussed, i dont see or understand why that makes a blind bit of difference to the view or preference of a member/moderator/editor 

Again i vote bin politics section, this is a tech site. 

6 minutes ago, shockz said:

$$$. This area is by far one of the most viewed areas of the site. I doubt it'll go anywhere.

your right ofc :) but we need to bin all this negativity in the section, ffs we all have differing views, that is life, deal with it!

It would be boring as hell if we all had the same views, infact ive got a solution for it, ill just avoid the section :) im going back under my rock in hardware hangout, at least there the biggest hoha is someone said a 480 was way cooler than a 1070.....(not in temps though LOL) they clearly have no idea, i wont fall out with them for it though :p

Peace out and Gaz wuv ya man ;) 

6 minutes ago, shockz said:

$$$. This area is by far one of the most viewed areas of the site. I doubt it'll go anywhere.

Actually, this section isn't viewable to guests, Only members can view it, so it won't make as much of a profit as you thiink it does. 

4 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Actually, this section isn't viewable to guests, Only members can view it, so it won't make as much of a profit as you thiink it does. 

Look at the usage

Many are subscribers

rwi.PNG

I think that, unfortunately, this loops back to "net neutrality" (depending on your version of that term). Say Verizon is your ISP as a private contract; they can certainly crop out what they won't let you have access to. As a utility, they really can't. The extension goes for Twitter. If they are a private company, they have the right to censor everything about Trump... they aren't under obligation. Doing something like that is a dick move. Where does social justification begin or end?

4 minutes ago, Zagadka said:

I think that, unfortunately, this loops back to "net neutrality" (depending on your version of that term). Say Verizon is your ISP as a private contract; they can certainly crop out what they won't let you have access to. As a utility, they really can't. The extension goes for Twitter. If they are a private company, they have the right to censor everything about Trump... they aren't under obligation. Doing something like that is a dick move. Where does social justification begin or end?

Trump is probably Twitter biggest user which is part of his problems.

27 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

Oh, I know for a fact it does.

Not to mention that it's by far one of the most participated sections of the site by members alone, and thread titles from this section show up regardless of if you're registered or not in the latest forum activity on the front page.

9 minutes ago, wakjak said:

And now it's in the conspiracy section..  Lol. 

Ok. I take back what I said in the post earlier.

Oh this is to juicy!

Trump =  Idiot who will never be actual president, no matter what you think.
Media = Biased, no matter what you think.

Neowin Staff = Should always have the right to express their views, no matter what you think.

We sorted now?

I apologized in a PM to Nick and now I am making it public. I was wrong and out of line with what I posted yesterday. I did not in any way mean that Nick was biased in any way but that he could come across that way possibly but that in of itself may be wrong. So I apologize to everyone.:)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Gary7 said:

Look at the usage

Many are subscribers

rwi.PNG

Then perhaps they need to reintroduce the password protected message & flood control thing they had in IPB3.  :p

Also, I'd like to point out those stats look are all sub sections, not just this one.

11 hours ago, shockz said:

Oh, I know for a fact it does.

Not to mention that it's by far one of the most participated sections of the site by members alone, and thread titles from this section show up regardless of if you're registered or not in the latest forum activity on the front page.

You can read my reply to Gary.

These threads shouldn't appear for guests, unless there's a bug. It's not like any other restricted section threads (e.g. Backstage Pass)  show up on the mini spy or latest forum activity.

4 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

These threads shouldn't appear for guests, unless there's a bug. It's not like any other restricted section threads (e.g. Backstage Pass)  show up on the mini spy or latest forum activity.

They don'T

4 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

They don'T

Nevermind. I just realized my mistake. The section and threads are indeed visible to guests. I guess everyone quite enjoys quite a bit of arguing. :p

22 hours ago, Gary7 said:

It is not all that hard, I already told Twitter what they can do. I am sure that one users will not make a difference  Companies should stay out of politics.

So linux, and alternate search engines?

4 hours ago, Gary7 said:

I apologized in a PM to Nick and now I am making it public. I was wrong and out of line with what I posted yesterday. I did not in any way mean that Nick was biased in any way but that he could come across that way possibly but that in of itself may be wrong. So I apologize to everyone.:)

Thank you, that means a lot to me. (Y)

2 hours ago, LimeMaster said:

Nevermind. I just realized my mistake. The section and threads are indeed visible to guests. I guess everyone quite enjoys quite a bit of arguing. :p

I think that they should not be at least on the main Page.

32 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

I think that they should not be at least on the main Page.

That would probably mean that guests couldn't view the section, but that's no big loss considering that's what I thought it originally did.

7 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

That would probably mean that guests couldn't view the section, but that's no big loss considering that's what I thought it originally did.

Well I just did a test using Edge which I have never used before and it does indeed show RWI as I was a quest both on the front Page and the forum. This should be fixed.

@DaveLegg 

rwi.PNG

rwi1.PNG

5 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Well I just did a test using Edge which I have never used before and it does indeed show RWI as I was a quest both on the front Page and the forum. This should be fixed.

@DaveLegg

rwi.PNG

rwi1.PNG

Thing is, the section isn't restricted to guests. That's why it shows.

Though I agree that the section should only be accessible to registered members.