Can we make it against the rules to proselytize

I would almost they would fall vaguely under one or both of the following rules:

No Racism, Threatening, No Victimization or Hateful Posts / Retaliation
If you are a long standing member, act like one; lead by example and assist other newer users rather than attacking them. We look upon our veteran users to use this opportunity to teach the newer users the appropriate way to conduct themselves in this community.

No Personal Attacks or Retaliation
Personal attacks such as instigating "flame bait", verbal abuse, mocking or sexist remarks of members is not tolerated at Neowin. Such content will be deleted on sight or moderated accordingly.

As above, if you are a long standing member, act like one. Lead by example and assist other newer members rather than attacking them. Members that reply to simply instigate argument will be warned / suspended from forum areas.

Like Eric said, it would be best to report those posts.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a real blanket sort of statement, while the word normally is used in reference to conversion to one's religion.  But as worded I would have to say no.. How would a forum function without the ability proselytize..  Any recommendation at all could seen as violation of a no proselytize rule ;)

I just tried out new xyz, it is fantastic - you guys should try it..  Its the best thing since sliced bread..

Would be banned..

So your using ABC to do that, that is the wrong way to do it - you need to use CBA.. ABC will never work how you think, CBA is the only way to accomplish your task.

Banned..

• Like 3

I would agree with you, but in reality what difference does it make to you? If you get offended, then don't read the damn post. Nobody forced or forces you to (for all I know). 

Or you could be like me and have about 2 dozen warnings from becoming .... overly political.

1 minute ago, Nik Louch said:

To try to convince someone away from their religion?  Does it offend you?

Because damn, you type some of the most offensive, hateful stuff on here!

+1 I feel the need to feed the troll for this thread just cause of the OP  but imma leave instead!

• Like 2

Just now, Draconian Guppy said:

+1 I feel the need to feed the troll for this thread just cause of the OP  but imma leave instead!

I'm not actually trolling.  If someone horrendously offensive tries to put rules such as these forward, there's often an agenda behind it that is tantamount to attempting to cajole the mods into taking sides.

Just now, Nik Louch said:

I'm not actually trolling.  If someone horrendously offensive tries to put rules such as these forward, there's often an agenda behind it that is tantamount to attempting to cajole the mods into taking sides.

no no, I was talking about myself! instead imma do it where it's allowed :laugh: 

• Like 2

On 3/9/2016 at 8:59 PM, techbeck said:

Flying Spaghetti Monster....think everyone should join  :p

You know, the similarity between you being pastafarian and me being cthulhu-ian? (lolwut), we should start our own sect, cult, err church... 

• Like 1