Nexus 5X or alternative?

My mother is looking for a new Android phone.

She currently has a Lumia 735.

I suggested the Nexus 5X, but also the Moto X Pure and OnePlus 2 are mentioned in reviews and as competition.

The only thing is that the 5X doesn't have expendable memory (there's Dropbox or other cloud alternatives for that when storage runs out...). However, Android updates come quick and is stock, so no bloatware installed.

The phone should have a decent display, good battery life (as compared to her current Lumia), should run WhatsApp, make and store photos & videos and POP3/Exhange Mail; so nothing really fancy.

Is the Nexus 5X a good one? Or do you recommend an other phone, same price range around 300 EUR, that also has -relatively- fast Android updates.

I have a Nexus 5X and I'm pretty happy with it, Battery life started off amazing but it seems to have fallen away pretty quickly but to be honest I still get a day out of it with moderate usage so it's not too bad.

I have the 32GB version but I had the 16GB version of the Nexus 4 and not once did I actually run out of space so unless she's planning to take a million photo's and never delete them then she should be good with either IMO. 

The 5x should be alright for that use case, but do note there are lag issues reported by users. It's a hit or miss issue. At that price point, it's the only device that has guaranteed updates to the next Android version (including monthly security patches). Don't both with OnePlus - horrible customer service, and it's terribly slow on updates (don't hold your breath), and same with Moto. 

My mom just ordered the 5x a few days ago.  I also find that expandable storage is not that big of a deal for most these days considering a lot of stuff is going cloud based and fast wifi is pretty much everywhere.

Phone she had before was 8gb and she didnt use that up.  Droid Incredible I believe.  She had that for a few years.  5x, she ordered the 16gb model and I am sure that will last her just as long if not longer.

Oukitel K10,000 A pretty decent 'entry to mid level' phone, meeting your basic requirements,  and it'll go 11 days on one charge

5.5 inch 720x1280 screen, 1.3gb quad core (I think) processor, 2gb ram, 16gb internal storage, 32gb expandable, 4g, but you will need to take a moment and see if the sim card radio band is supported...

I got some sort of update to it today (was running android 6, think it was a security patch)

It is lame in spec when compared to other phones, but if you take into consideration it's price, it is actually quite decent.