There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

  • Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

HTTPS enabled for everyone at Neowin


 Share

Recommended Posts

On the news side of things, if you try to access the site at https://www.neowin.net you will be redirected to https://www.neowin.net 

 

The forums aren't forced to HTTPS yet (although anyone can access the forums this way), but it's on the list of things to do. This does not affect logging in via the forums , which is over HTTPS.

 

Due to the age of the site and various news articles and forum posts containing embedded non-secure content (over HTTP), people may notice mixed content warning messages, but this is also being looked into.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice... I've seen so many Changes at Neowin over the Years....
Must say things are looking Great! :)
Keep up the good work... Everyone... even the People who post Stuff... :) 
Its this Community that makes Neowin Great

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boo Berry said:

It's about time! :D

You could load it via https previously, but now if you hit the news side of things on http, it will automatically redirect you to https. We'll be doing the same for the forums once we figure out what to do about all the embedded images in posts that use http rather than https to avoid users getting mixed-content warnings on every page

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Steven P. said:

Due to the age of the site and various news articles and forum posts containing embedded non-secure content (over HTTP), people may notice mixed content warning messages, but this is also being looked into.

Neowin is getting better with age. :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keep up the good work and well done!

 

Interesting bug .. I can't seem to use the like button in the Real World forum. Seems to be some kind of script issue from "unauthenticated sources" .. probably related to https?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FunkyMike said:

Keep up the good work and well done!

 

Interesting bug .. I can't seem to use the like button in the Real World forum. Seems to be some kind of script issue from "unauthenticated sources" .. probably related to https?

Definitely. I guess they thought https could be enforced without correcting their hard-coded links :laugh:

 

 

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.neowin.net/forum/discover/unread/' was loaded over a secure connection, but contains a form which targets an insecure endpoint 'https://www.neowin.net/forum/search/'. This endpoint should be made available over a secure connection.

 

I am sure there are plenty more of these causing all sorts of interesting issues.

 

THis is a good first step but this forum is not properly using https yet, not really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Definitely. I guess they thought https could be enforced without correcting their hard-coded links :laugh:

 

Not really, you'll note the thread is about the fact https is enforced on the front page, not the forums, for exactly this reason. See my previous post for further clarification of this - exactly because the forums haven't been checked for full compatibility yet.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@DaveLegg Looks like the plugin is being used, groovy!

 

On the main forum index, however, it looks like there's one mixed content warning for...

https://www.neowin.net/forum/style_images/global/vetstar.gif

There's likely others - if I encounter any I'll post them! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Boo Berry said:

@DaveLegg Looks like the plugin is being used, groovy!

 

On the main forum index, however, it looks like there's one mixed content warning for...


https://www.neowin.net/forum/style_images/global/vetstar.gif

There's likely others - if I encounter any I'll post them! :)

Yeah, installed a couple of days ago, looks like it's doing the job, thanks a lot for the recommendation!

 

I've fixed the vet star issue, let us know if you spot any others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zlip792 said:

Using Extension - moarTLS Analyzer on Chrome

 

I found following two links on Main Page:

 

 

Links don't matter so much, as the browser won't automatically load them into the page like it would with images, so they won't cause a mixed-content warning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2016 at 10:50 AM, DaveLegg said:

Yeah, installed a couple of days ago, looks like it's doing the job, thanks a lot for the recommendation!

 

I've fixed the vet star issue, let us know if you spot any others.

I'm still getting the mixed content warning for the vet star on the Forum Index

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DaveLegg said:

Should be fixed now, I forgot to clear the caches on the server

No I'm still getting it on Forum Index.

 

it seems to be the vetstar in the "who's online" section near the bottom of the page causing it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.