If I buy a membership, can I get my duplicate text/Quote problem fixed?

Seriously, this is starting to grate my nerves. Everytime I reply to a post, I have to immediately go back and edit out duplicate text and quotes.

It was suggested to sign out everywhere and sign back in. That did absolutely nothing to solve it.

I will buy a membership TODAY if this gets fixed!

5 minutes ago, Skiver said:

No, that's not how it works. I thought this had been acknowledged as a bug and it just wasn't fixed yet.

I knew that. Just being sarcastic because its such a frustrating problem. The same person that suggested signing out/in mentioned that this bug was fixed ages ago and its odd that I still had the problem.

3 minutes ago, slamfire92 said:

I knew that. Just being sarcastic because its such a frustrating problem. The same person that suggested signing out/in mentioned that this bug was fixed ages ago and its odd that I still had the problem.

Sorry, didn't realise.

Interesting that your quote double posted yet mine didn't.

9 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Sorry, didn't realise.

Interesting that your quote double posted yet mine didn't.

It has to do with whether the post actually submits. If it times out, sometimes it auto retries and instead of one post, you get two. That's how it duplicates for me anyway. 

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

It has to do with whether the post actually submits. If it times out, sometimes it auto retries and instead of one post, you get two. That's how it duplicates for me anyway. 

The only time I've had it happen to me is in a very specific sub-forum - outside of that I've never had an issue but in that sub-forum its every post.

Just now, slamfire92 said:

Happens no matter where I am on Neowin.

That is insane - I can't help but think there may be something on your side that's causing the issue Adrynalyne mentioned to happen more frequently but unfortunately I couldn't even begin to suggest what that would be.

2 minutes ago, slamfire92 said:

Also happens on mobile site using iPhone

2 minutes ago, slamfire92 said:

Also happens on mobile site using iPhone

1 minute ago, slamfire92 said:

This is from moble site on iPhone

Are you able to try from a computer? Or can you request desktop site on a mobile browser and try that also?

2 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Are you able to try from a computer? Or can you request desktop site on a mobile browser and try that also?

I meant it happens on Desktop PC and with my iPhone. Also happens when I post from my workplace on a different network/ISP so I don't think its a problem on my end.

Just now, slamfire92 said:

I meant it happens on Desktop PC and with my iPhone. Also happens when I post from my workplace on a different network/ISP so I don't think its a problem on my end.

That is truly bizarre, the frequency it's happening for you I'd say it's almost certain but trying that amount of times on different platforms etc I wouldn't want to bet on it.

@slamfire92  Have you tired in your browsers in private, incognito or private browsing mode?  Try creating a new account and see if it could be a profile corruption issue.

8 minutes ago, primortal said:

@slamfire92  Have you tired in your browsers in private, incognito or private browsing mode?  Try creating a new account and see if it could be a profile corruption issue.

Private mode Firefox

Edge

And finally Chrome. This is the first time signing in using Edge and Chrome btw, so no cache, trash, etc.

I'd rather not have to go through creating a new account. Problem started after one of the forum upgrades awhile back.

So to sum up troubleshooting...

1.Happens in Edge, FF, Chrome and IE

2.Happens at home, work, etc. Completely different PCs, ISPs, Networks, etc.

3.Happens on a desktop PC as well as with iPhone

4. Signing out/back in doesn't help

35 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

Any extensions installed on the browsers?

ADB in FF @ Home, Adguard in FF @ Work. No extensions in Chrome or Edge.

* I disabled ADB before posting this response. *

35 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

Any extensions installed on the browsers?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, slamfire92 said:

Couldn't help but laugh when I saw the double quote happen :p

Personally I find it rather strange that there isn't a time limit between posts to prevent spamming.

1 hour ago, Eric said:

No, don't create a new account. Only one per person. :p

@Seahorsepip It happens in the same message, not two posts.

Could it be the quote system?

If it happens in quick succession when quoting, it adds them to the same post. I still think it's a timeout issue. I know it's not browser extensions (yes I noticed someone thought it prudent to delete my post). 

The only constant I see, in this case, is the account itself. Might be worth checking the account data against another functioning account (mine for example) to check for discrepancies. Seems unlikely it's the account but also seems to be the only constant. For testing purposes I'd allow the user to temporarily create another account and see if the problem persists if the database check comes back clean.

11 hours ago, slamfire92 said:

I'd rather not have to go through creating a new account. Problem started after one of the forum upgrades awhile back.

So to sum up troubleshooting...

1.Happens in Edge, FF, Chrome and IE

2.Happens at home, work, etc. Completely different PCs, ISPs, Networks, etc.

3.Happens on a desktop PC as well as with iPhone

4. Signing out/back in doesn't help

I would like to add this happens to me as well, quote goes crazy, sometimes will quote my own self. i've complained in other threads, though not formally I guess...

1 hour ago, adrynalyne said:

If it happens in quick succession when quoting, it adds them to the same post. I still think it's a timeout issue. I know it's not browser extensions (yes I noticed someone thought it prudent to delete my post). 

Yeah that kinda makes sense.

Though it happens to me in different ISPs

edit: on latest opera, latest chrome, etc. no addons or extensions.

• Like 1