Was there ever a fix for the bug that caused left-alignment of text on icons in Explorer after the Anniversary update?

If you aren't happy about how they look, then you should rename them and make the filenames shorter. That way, they will be centered.  Note: if you rename them, your app may stop functioning. Always make a backup before you do that.

If it was me, I don't give a damn how they look.   I am not going to stare at them all day.   

They are filenames... whooopee dee dooo.  

Just now, neufuse said:

I don't see them ever fixing it, winhlp32 is only there for legacy reasons, if you run it, it doesn't do anything anymore besides take you to a website that explains why it doesn't work now

LMAO. I never realized that.

6 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

Why even reply to the thread then? Serious question. If you are happy with the text and this doesn't even matter to you, why make such comments in the thread? I just don't get why you do that. We are having a discussion regarding the bug, that even your screenshot confirms, yet you say it doesn't matter and your text is fine for your usage. Well great and I am happy to hear your system is running how you want it to run, the rest of us however, would like to see this bug squashed. No offense meant Gary, so don't take it that way.

I am not, why don't you therefore go to the Hub and File a problem report? I have no idea of how many it takes but it should have been fixed long ago, I replied to this thread originally to agree with someone that said it was fixed so it seems we both were wrong. I just did not look deep enough.

1 minute ago, TAZMINATOR said:

If you aren't happy about how they look, then you should rename them and make the filenames shorter. That way, they will be centered.  Note: if you rename them, your app may stop functioning. Always make a backup before you do that.

If it was me, I don't give a damn how they look.   I am not going to stare at them all day.   

They are filenames... whooopee dee dooo.  

That is pretty ignorant. Go ahead and do that to all of your windows system files and get back to us, k?

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

That is pretty ignorant. Go ahead and do that to all of your windows system files and get back to us, k?

And you yell at me..Pot calling Kettle.:woot:

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

And you yell at me..Pot calling Kettle.:woot:

I didn't yell at you. I warned you after your complaining of being roughly handled yesterday. You have already made it clear in this thread that you don't mind. His advice would tank Windows. Suggesting a backup doesn't change that fact.

4 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

I didn't yell at you. I warned you after your complaining of being roughly handled yesterday. You have already made it clear in this thread that you don't mind. His advice would tank Windows. Suggesting a backup doesn't change that fact.

Backup, I do not know what you are talking about. If you want this problem fixed report it to MS, if not let it be..

10 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Nope..  I told you I don't care how they look. Are you going to stare at the filenames? No? then don't worry about how they look..    

You are one of the people who are worrying about the filename alignment. 

The alignment is done in the registry.  You should fix it in regedit.

Or get one of the tweak apps. 

1 minute ago, TAZMINATOR said:

Nope..  I told you I don't care how they look. Are you going to stare at the filenames? No? then don't worry about how they look..    

You are one of the people who are worrying about the filename alignment. 

The alignment is done in the registry.  You should fix it in regedit.

Or get one of the tweak apps. 

You expect consumers to fix MS mistakes? I don't even go that far with MS loyalty.

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Backup, I do not know what you are talking about. If you want this problem fixed report it to MS, if not let it be..

I know, you never read posts. I'm not going to continually report it to MS. They KNOW about it.

Just now, adrynalyne said:

You expect consumers to fix MS mistakes? I don't even go that far with MS loyalty.

You have NO idea when MS will fix it..   if you can't wait, then do the tweak or regedit.   Have you thought about the tweak apps?   Like there were tweak apps for Windows 95 and up. There are new apps for Windows 10.  The tweak apps can do it for you and others who are beginners.   

Just now, TAZMINATOR said:

You have NO idea when MS will fix it..   if you can't wait, then do the tweak or regedit.   Have you thought about the tweak apps?   Like there were tweak apps for Windows 95 and up. There are new apps for Windows 10.  The tweak apps can do it for you and others who are beginners.   

Neither do YOU. So why point out the obvious? The question of this thread was never about how to fix it, but if it still exists...

18 minutes ago, neufuse said:

don't see them ever fixing it, winhlp32 is only there for legacy reasons, if you run it, it doesn't do anything anymore besides take you to a website that explains why it doesn't work now

You know nothing. If you do not report it it will not get fixed. Or maybe the above is why. Calling Taz ignorant was not nice of you.

Just now, Gary7 said:

You know nothing. If you do not report it it will not get fixed. Or maybe the above is why. Calling Taz ignorant was not nice of you.

Wow, it is like talking to a wall. It has been reported, do you not read? I've even reported it myself.

As for knowing nothing...do you know how to forum?

Capture.PNG

Wow, it is like talking to a wall. It has been reported, do you not read? I've even reported it myself.

As for knowing nothing...do you know how to forum?

Capture.PNG

I now same experience I posted that I reported and it has been 200 times. I do not think MS cares.

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

I now same experience

Heheh.

If you think his comment was not ignorant, go try it yourself in your Windows folder. Go ahead.

PS- Nobody said he was ignorant. "That" refers to what I quoted, which was a comment.

Heheh.

If you think his comment was not ignorant, go try it yourself in your Windows folder. Go ahead.

PS- Nobody said he was ignorant. "That" refers to what I quoted, which was a comment.

If a person posts some that you call ignorant it is the same as calling the poster ignorant. It is getting worse here than in RWI. It is expected there not here./s

Neither do YOU. So why point out the obvious? The question of this thread was never about how to fix it, but if it still exists...

I came here to provide the options if they want to fix it on their own instead of waiting on MS for a fix.   

The text alignment does not bother me at all. If it bothers you, then do the tweak or regedit.  Otherwise, you can change the view mode in the explorer.

There are many options to make some changes...  If you like this mode, then wait for a fix but you might wait awhile before MS releases a fix.

3 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

If a person posts some that you call ignorant it is the same as calling the poster ignorant. It is getting worse here than in RWI. It is expected there not here./s

That was ignorant.

--Referring to your post. I quoted it to keep context.

vs.

You are ignorant.

--Referring to you.

that

T͟Hat,T͟Hət/

pronoun

referring to a specific thing previously mentioned, known, or understood.

"that's a good idea"

Two very different things.

1 hour ago, Gary7 said:

what? seriously what are you talking about?

where did I call someone ignorant? I just posted about the winhlp32.exe thing

Just now, Gary7 said:

Read the thread. All of it .

no, please tell me where I called someone ignorant..... show me.... because I was just pointing out to someone else that winhlp32.exe does nothing now...... how the heck you got to me calling someone ignorant is crazy

Just now, neufuse said:

no, please tell me where I called someone ignorant..... show me.... because I was just pointing out to someone else that winhlp32.exe does nothing now...... how the heck you got to me calling someone ignorant is crazy

Oh no you did not.

Just now, neufuse said:

I believe his original quote was to another member, but somehow quoted you. I dunno, I have a hard time following him 99% of the time.