Apple Self-Driving Car....Not Gonna Happen

Don't tell me it wont happen.... it already did happen

mnkhklylau0tkjsyb7ku.jpg

Oh and Google wont be releasing cars, they already said they are only in it to make the back end systems for other car mfgs... the cars google has now are just "testers" for their tech

Is anyone surprised by this. Apple aren't  the business of creating original tech, their was never any way they could accomplish anything as massive as this.

13 hours ago, Son_Of_Dad said:

Is anyone surprised by this. Apple aren't  the business of creating original tech, their was never any way they could accomplish anything as massive as this.

Because they aren't innovators like some people believe that they are.

If they were they would make their own screens for their tablets. Come out with features first on their phones before other manufacturers do and so on.

14 hours ago, neufuse said:

Oh and Google wont be releasing cars, they already said they are only in it to make the back end systems for other car mfgs... the cars google has now are just "testers" for their tech

Google wants to  be releasing Self-Driving cars in 2020. Also, they said they have been testing them in some markets, and I swear I've seen at least 2 Google cars while I'm driving around my city.

I know they have a test center by me and the car said Google and some other stuff (I was stop at a light turning left, while the other car had a green and was going straight). It had a weird antenna thing on the top of the roof.

Google Self-Driving Car

Except it's not a "failure", nothing was ever officially announced by Apple. Sounds like this thread is another case of a "fan" spewing nonsense.

Google is not releasing it's own brand of self driving car. They however are testing self driving tech with their own cars. They're building the driver, not the car. Public will never have access to their in house test vehicles. This has been reported on numerous times.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shockz said:

Except it's not a "failure", nothing was ever officially announced by Apple.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/sep/18/apple-meets-california-officials-self-driving-car

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/aug/14/apple-self-driving-car-project-titan-sooner-than-expected

I guess they were just hiring people who left Tesla for furniture assembly at the space donut!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shockz said:

Google is not releasing it's own brand of self driving car. They however are testing self driving tech with their own cars. They're building the driver, not the car. Public will never have access to their in house test vehicles. This has been reported on numerous times.

But it is still Google hardware. A lso, where has it been reported?  Please give me some sort of report or article stating this fact. 

According to this they have a Self-Driving Car and it has hit the 2 mile mark.

"The Google car can detect whether a moving object is a child or a bicycle and anticipates that both can make fast, unpredictable movements. The car's driving system calculates the probability of such movements and uses the results to determining how the vehicle will react."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=/amp/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1251WE&ved=0ahUKEwiqsZe-7e7PAhVKRCYKHa5MAbMQFgiIATAQ&usg=AFQjCNEdcWI_GYcdzbj6bDiZCGXaSQnPJA&sig2=59lJqV5MRXTI_CgSvFfDOw

Edited by Scutley

1 hour ago, Son_Of_Dad said:

I can think of all sorts of automation and technological aspects of cars that would require some of those types. CarPlay as well, my new car has an update available where it's embedded deeper into the car, and can now display things on the dash as opposed to just the radio. Automation is going to be a really big thing, whether or not that's self driving or Apple telling your car to fire up the heat and lights before getting home. While I have no doubt Apple was probably working on a car..., it's not a failure if it wasn't ever announced. If a company like google decides investigate making a competitor to Amazon.com, but decides to can the project, does that make it a failure as well? Of course not.

For all we know it could of been a segway 2.0. A more likely product for them to take on. Robotics is another one... see Honda.

23 minutes ago, shockz said:

I can think of all sorts of automation and technological aspects of cars that would require some of those types. CarPlay as well, my new car has an update available where it's embedded deeper into the car, and can now display things on the dash as opposed to just the radio. Automation is going to be a really big thing, whether or not that's self driving or Apple telling your car to fire up the heat and lights before getting home. While I have no doubt Apple was probably working on a car..., it's not a failure if it wasn't ever announced. If a company like google decides investigate making a competitor to Amazon.com, but decides to can the project, does that make it a failure as well? Of course not.

For all we know it could of been a segway 2.0. A more likely product for them to take on. Robotics is another one... see Honda.

Can't you buy stuff and  ECHO not Apple be able to do this? Also, Google can already do this as well. Also, they will probably be able to turn on and off cars and do more things like your saying before Apple with their home automation.

Oh and yeah when the Google car or the hardware for the Google Car comes out. Don't you think Google will implement it with their home automation system?

4 minutes ago, shockz said:

What?

You can buy certain products from certain manufacturers and ECHO can tell you much gas you have, how many miles you can go without running out if had. It can tell you your tire pressure as Nd if something is wrong with your car. That is if the product/manufacturer supports ECHO.

All by your voice without the car even being turned on.

5 minutes ago, Scutley said:

You can buy certain products from certain manufacturers and ECHO can tell you much gas you have, how many miles you can go without running out if had. It can tell you your tire pressure as Nd if something is wrong with your car. That is if the product/manufacturer supports ECHO.

All by your voice without the car even being turned on.

That's nice... I'm not sure how it pertains to any discussion we're having about Apple though.

1 hour ago, shockz said:

That's nice... I'm not sure how it pertains to any discussion we're having about Apple though.

You were talking about automation and what Apple "carplay" does. I'm trying to point out there has been stuff out there way before Apple Carplay that's cheaper and better.

My car doesn't have Apple Carplay, or Android Auto, and it display's pictures on the dashboard, and display other things as well on the dashboard. I have had that for years and years on my car.  It came with my car.

I can use the internet on my dashboard if I want.  Which I have no desire to because I'm driving. It can also look up the weather on my dashboard, give me notifications of when there are weather alerts, or if there is a problem with my car and I don't even need a phone, or Apple Carplay or Android Auto.

To connect this with automation if I wanted to I probably can connect it to my Amazon Echo as well.

1 hour ago, Scutley said:

You were talking about automation and what Apple "carplay" does. I'm trying to point out there has been stuff out there way before Apple Carplay that's cheaper and better.

My car doesn't have Apple Carplay, or Android Auto, and it display's pictures on the dashboard, and display other things as well on the dashboard. I have had that for years and years on my car.  It came with my car.

I can use the internet on my dashboard if I want.  Which I have no desire to because I'm driving. It can also look up the weather on my dashboard, give me notifications of when there are weather alerts, or if there is a problem with my car and I don't even need a phone, or Apple Carplay or Android Auto.

To connect this with automation if I wanted to I probably can connect it to my Amazon Echo as well.

Have you ever actually used android auto or Apple CarPlay? It doesn't sound like it. 

49 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Have you ever actually used android auto or Apple CarPlay? It doesn't sound like it. 

Tell me about it? 

1 hour ago, Scutley said:

Tell me about it? 

They are applications on the infotainment system that extend the infotainment's system and give you remote control to some of your multimedia applications. It is running from the phone. In addition, they get regular updates which your infotainment system does not. In addition, more apps can be introduced without needing to jump through silly hoops like sd cards, thumb drives, or firmware updates. They are also way faster than the standard infotainment software. All I can say is you have to try them to understand. Both can co-exist on the same infotainment sytem. When my wife drives, she uses android auto. When I drive, I use car play. 

Its not about browsing the Internet or viewing photos. 

47 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

They are applications on the infotainment system that extend the infotainment's system and give you remote control to some of your multimedia applications. It is running from the phone. In addition, they get regular updates which your infotainment system does not. In addition, more apps can be introduced without needing to jump through silly hoops like sd cards, thumb drives, or firmware updates. They are also way faster than the standard infotainment software. All I can say is you have to try them to understand. Both can co-exist on the same infotainment sytem. When my wife drives, she uses android auto. When I drive, I use car play. 

Its not about browsing the Internet or viewing photos. 

I was being sarcastic

11 minutes ago, Scutley said:

I was being sarcastic

You were about as successful with your sarcasm as your fail posting this thread when there had already been threads on it. 

Companies are measured by successful products they release, not projects they cancel. Google knows this quite well. Apple is not going to be a stranger to t either. 

10 hours ago, Scutley said:

Google wants to  be releasing Self-Driving cars in 2020. Also, they said they have been testing them in some markets, and I swear I've seen at least 2 Google cars while I'm driving around my city.

I know they have a test center by me and the car said Google and some other stuff (I was stop at a light turning left, while the other car had a green and was going straight). It had a weird antenna thing on the top of the roof.

Google Self-Driving Car

google recently said they don't want to sell cars, they are only making the brains for them... you need to keep up to date on your google news ;) they are partnering with a few large automakers to make the controllers and hardware for them to implement so google doesn't have to produce cars themselves

22 hours ago, Scutley said:

Which is the reason we need Self-Driving cars.

Oh, sure, I want cars driving around by themselves with faulty/buggy software that have the ability to get hacked. At least you don't have those risks with humans.