Father's anger after flash mob of 30 to 40 teens beat his daughter near Temple University

'These sick animals held her down and kicked and stomped on her': Father's anger after flash mob of 30 to 40 teens beat his daughter near Temple University
* Four teenagers aged between 15 and 17 have been arrested after a series of attacks around Temple University's campus in Philadelphia
* Police said the attacks were carried out by bands of up to 100 juveniles who roved the campus for nearly two hours
* Cops said 50 juveniles were taken into custody as a result 
* In separate attacks, police said students and others were surrounded and then punched, kicked, robbed ground by groups of 20 to 30 teens
* Joe Lauletta says his daughter Christina was a victim and that 'every part of her body is badly bruised'
* In a different incident, a teenage boy threw a Temple officer to the ground
* Another 15-year-old boy punched a police horse twice in the face as mounted officers were trying to break up a crowd

By Associated Press and Zoe Szathmary For Dailymail.com
Published: 14:20 EST, 24 October 2016 | Updated: 21:42 EST, 24 October 2016

Four teenagers have been arrested after a series of flash mob style attacks around Temple University campus in which students were beaten by gangs of juveniles.
Police said that in a spate of attacks on Friday night, students were surrounded, then punched, kicked, robbed and in some cases knocked to the ground by groups of teens.
Groups of between 20 and 100 young people roved the university campus in northern Philadelphia for nearly two hours from 8pm and picked on people at random.
Six students were injured and a university police officer who was knocked to the ground. A police horse was punched in the face by a 15-year-old boy.
In a separate incident a young woman was held down and stomped repeatedly before employees from a nearby pizza place intervened, her father said.
Another junior posted pictures of her black eye. She says the attackers punched her in the face as she walked back to her apartment with her boyfriend.

Temple spokesman Ray Betzner told television station NBC 10 that the mobs of teenagers played a 'cat-and-mouse game' with police.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3868324/Students-beaten-horse-punched-mob-attacks-university.html

(If anyone is wondering, the full title did not fit)

39AD838000000578-3868324-image-a-108_1477343599234.jpg

On 10/25/2016 at 1:47 PM, DocM said:

Reminds me of Clockwork Orange.

One of these days they'll rush the wrong person(s) and get a big surprise....

I'm surprised it hasn't already happened, tbh.  If I was armed and there was a screaming mob charging at me, -I'd- open fire and I dislike guns!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, compl3x said:

Umm... Why? Why did this happen? What was the motive?

50 years after the Aid to Dependent Children program set rules which all but demanded the father not be present in the home for mother's and kids to get benefits, thereby disintegrating the nuclear family structure among the poor of all ethnicities, we are reaping the results.  

Millions of fatherless kids, father's who had no father's to teach them how to be responsible men etc., so we have a large scale version of Lord of the Flies in our cities. They are seeking self worth in gangs, exhibiting  sociopathic and aggressive behaviors, and from those homicidal.

1 hour ago, DocM said:

50 years after the Aid to Dependent Children program set rules which all but demanded the father not be present in the home for mother's and kids to get benefits, thereby disintegrating the nuclear family structure among the poor of all ethnicities, we are reaping the results.  

Millions of fatherless kids, father's who had no father's to teach them how to be responsible men etc., so we have a large scale version of Lord of the Flies in our cities. They are seeking self worth in gangs, exhibiting  sociopathic and aggressive behaviors, and from those homicidal.

Right...

When I saw the word "university" in the title I just assumed some student dared to stray from campus groupthink so they were beaten up.

5 hours ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I'm surprised it hasn't already happened, tbh.  If I was armed and there was a screaming mob charging at me, -I'd- open fire and I dislike guns!

Unfortunately I've had to draw my weapon many times, but most often have been able to use restraint and either warn off the creep(s) or made a citizens arrest. That's always the preferred outcome. In the case of a violent flash mob beating people to within an inch of their life, restraint would have to go out the window and the tactical response would get cranked to 11.  The time for discussion is over.

What wanna know is who the perpetrators of this "Flash Mob" were (the ones who put it together), and if they were apprehended. And how is it acceptable to refer to that group of animals with some bull#### PC name like a "Flash Mob"?? UGH. "Flash Mob" ... are you kidding me?

I agree with @DocM. Come at me en masse like that with intent to harm myself and others, and all bets are off. They'll get one warning only, as per the regulations. I won't stand for being threatened by teenagers who've already been hurting people.

And before the responses of "think of the parents!" show up, consider this: what if you are confronted by 25 or 30 of those hooligans (and I'm being kind here) and you have ten seconds to try to "talk to them" as they're running at you -- what are your "Liberal Sensibilities" going to do for you?? Jack ####. They are there to hurt you. You gonna join 'em? The whole "group think" thing, like you've got the same grudge that they do?? That's what I thought. You'll wish you had a means to defend yourself. Ya don't know how to fight ... don't have a weapon either, since you don't own a weapon; because your "Liberal Sensibilities" are limited to Social Justice and non-logical hysteria. That MOB could give two ##### about your support of Black Lives Matter or the Environment. They're gonna stomp your ASS, maybe even KILL YOU. So you'll ###### yourself, curl up, and hope they take pity on you when you start crying and screaming like a coward.

#### that noise. I'm not going out like that. They might as well be ISIS. They'll be the same, in my eyes. An enemy that gets no quarter, nor deserves any. "All enemies, foreign or domestic". Well, they made the list -- and that Oath doesn't end simply because we got the DD-214, folks; and now I'm directly defending loved ones from harm?! Yeah. It's on.

So make no mistake, people -- that fire still burns when it needs to be lit, Transition or no. I'm not looking to start trouble, or anything of the sort that involves people being hurt or harassed; but I'll be damned if I'll let an Assault Gang harm people if I can do something about it. I want people to coexist and help one another ... not harm each other.

This sort of thing just ###### me off. :angry: Assault Gangs ... *sigh* ... ffs. /rant

• Like 3

16 hours ago, compl3x said:

Blacks hate white people and are currently in a racist fervor attacking people, looting and so on. It's bought and paid for as well..

WP_20160826_06_59_58_Pro.jpg

16 hours ago, compl3x said:

Blacks looking for whites, plain and simple.

11 minutes ago, JoseyWales said:

Blacks hate white people and are currently in a racist fervor attacking people, looting and so on. It's bought and paid for as well..

WP_20160826_06_59_58_Pro.jpg

Exactly.

THe media doesnt want to say what the mob was about - even describe the mob, mention their supposed motives.

It was a group of black teenagers, singling out white people.

So effing sick of people thinking the mere mention of the word "black" is racist, and all of a sudden the person is worse than scum for using that adjective.

Where are the White Lives Matter ?  Where are the celebrities, politicians, focus groups, apologists for this ?

What are white people going to do in light of this ?  Nothing - continue to work, pay taxes, obey laws, because they dont want to complain - someone will call them racist - because after all... its white people's fault that people act like this, right ?  SMH

I am too old, and out of shape now, but there was a time when I would go looking for trouble, somewhere to focus and release my anger.
I am glad I dont think like that now- I would be in prison or dead.

• Like 3