"Zoom Text Only" in Firefox corrupts Neowin Banner.

Hi...

Running on an HiDPI monitor I use text zoom to make text larger therefore easier to read.  When doing so, the Neowin Banner gets corrupted.  Text and graphics appears to move up and eventually disappears depending on the zoom level.  Is there any way to prevent the banner from zooming?  I don't like to use Full Page Zoom as that causes blurry graphics.

Thanks.

The only zoom I know of (in Chrome) is CTRL +  So you might consider looking for an extension that only increases the text font size in web pages?

Unless I am misunderstanding this "text zoom" you speak of? :)

• Like 1

Chrome I believe uses Full Page Zoom.  It increases the size of text and graphics which retains the layout of the site but unfortunately most sites still have graphic elements that use 96dpi graphics which become blurry at anything above 100%.  With modern HiDPI monitors, sites should serve up graphic elements consistent with the monitors DPI.  Some of the bigger sites are doing this but the smaller graphic elements are still 96DPI. 

Firefox has both Full Page Zoom and Text Zoom.  Text Zoom just increases text and leaves graphic elements alone so they don't become blurry as they would using Full Page Zoom.  To see what I mean use the current version of Firefox and select View on the Menu bar.  Mouse over Zoom and check Zoom Text Only.  Now increase the zoom factor and watch the banner text start to disappear the higher you go.

Here is a screenshot of zooming the main page 110%.  Notice everything is distorted except for my avatar.

Capture.PNG