Mall of America hires its first black Santa

On 12/4/2016 at 10:20 AM, J. X. Maxwell said:

Slippery slope. Allow a little nudge and in time you'd have black founding fathers.

Or reading in the book of Revelation 1:15

"And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters" and Daniel 7:9  "I watched till thrones were put in place, and the Ancient of Days was seated; His garment was white as snow, and the hair of His head was like pure wool. His throne was a fiery flame, its wheels a burning fire. –  and not to mention a US President... Oh wait.

Dunno why this is a deal at all. Just make him Santa. You don't need to have a parade about it. He is hardly the first black Santa. No one is forcing you to go to him, there are plenty of other Santas. I bet you can find an Asian Santa if you looked.

But the guy pictured in the article does look like a really good Santa, though. Real beard and all.

16 hours ago, restroom said:

Another thing, which I'm not 100% sure is myth or fact, but I read that historically Christmas used to be in January time. This is why Christmas is always associated with heavy snow on the ground. It was moved during a historical turning point (which I cant remember) and is why it rarely snows (in the UK) during Christmas.

It's a fact. There was a calendar reform in the late 16th century as a result of which the dates were adjusted.

December 25th (the Julian Calendar) became January 7th (the Gregorian Calendar).

This is why the Eastern Orthodox Christians celebrate the Christmas on January 7th these days. 

On 12/4/2016 at 9:50 AM, Mando said:

Santas a fictional character (sorry any kids reading this) and Santa wont ever be for "everyone" what about races and religions other than Christianity who do not have a "santa" 

Hey, why did you have to ruin it for me? :rofl: