Transformers: The Last Knight Movie

• 1 month later...

I think it looks alright and as long as it's not 4 hours long it can't be any worse than the last one... can it? Please tell me it can't be worse than the last one. 

On ‎9‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, trag3dy said:

it can't be any worse than the last one... can it? Please tell me it can't be worse than the last one. 

Oh yeah it can get worse. It could go to BvS level of awful!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2017 at 4:17 AM, trag3dy said:

I think it looks alright and as long as it's not 4 hours long it can't be any worse than the last one... can it? Please tell me it can't be worse than the last one. 

The TF movies seem to alternate between serviceable and horrible.

The first was decent, ROTF was terrible, Dark of the Moon was the best so far (faint praise, admittedly), and Age of Extinction was very bad. So if the pattern holds, The Last Knight might be ok?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DConnell said:

The TF movies seem to alternate between serviceable and horrible.

The first was decent, ROTF was terrible, Dark of the Moon was the best so far (faint praise, admittedly), and Age of Extinction was very bad. So if the pattern holds, The Last Knight might be ok?

True enough. The trailer looks okay even if I have no idea wtf is going on in most of it.

9 hours ago, trag3dy said:

True enough. The trailer looks okay even if I have no idea wtf is going on in most of it.

It was crowded, but for someone like me who doesnt follow transformers all that much, I enjoyed all of the other movies. I dont care who says they were terrible, they can have their opinion, but I did enjoy them. This one looks to be good IMO as well, the trailer is pretty cool.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'm gonna have to pass on this one. I already can't stand that girl or any of the other kids in the movie.. and good old Marky Mark... the cringe is strong.

• 3 months later...

So I saw it last night. I give it a 2 out of 5

as much as Bay was talking the script up I was hoping it was going to be really good. It was bad. The editing was all over the place, and a few Bay camera angles go a long way and the movie was made up of most of them. It also had soooooo many stupid one liners, the Black guy was the worst. It also felt like they could have chopped 30 mins out of it. It can in at a running time of 2 hours  29 mins. Please Bay, for real this time stop making Transformers movies. The only one that was ever any good was the first one.

• 2 weeks later...

I love that absolutely no one seems to notice that they completely ignored the previous movie.  Megatron was turned into Galvatron (truck form) and was able to digitize himself into whatever he wanted.  This movie has him back to Megatron and he has no known ability to digitally transform in any way that was shown in the last movie. 

Spoiler

And of course, they completely butchered Unicron.  How the hell are they going to actually show Unicron if they make it Earth?  As soon as he transforms we as a species are screwed.  Overall, they just need to stop making movies.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, grendal said:

I love that absolutely no one seems to notice that they completely ignored the previous movie.  Megatron was turned into Galvatron (truck form) and was able to digitize himself into whatever he wanted.  This movie has him back to Megatron and he has no known ability to digitally transform in any way that was shown in the last movie. 

Hide contents

And of course, they completely butchered Unicron.  How the hell are they going to actually show Unicron if they make it Earth?  As soon as he transforms we as a species are screwed.  Overall, they just need to stop making movies.

I want to see a Ridley Scott or James Cameron Transformers Movie

viewers need to stop picking apart movies so much, who cares if they don't match what's in a comic or book.

as long as they are entertaining with decent acting / soundtrack that's watchable imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slarlac249 said:

viewers need to stop picking apart movies so much, who cares if they don't match what's in a comic or book.

as long as they are entertaining with decent acting / soundtrack that's watchable imo.

You have to remember that for some, who grew up on a certain franchise feel let down or even betrayed by it, if the franchise deviates dramatically from the 'official' lore.

I'm one of those, I grew up on many of these cartoons, show, etc. And many of the generational friends who also remembered the franchises feel the same way.

• Like 2

On 11/07/2017 at 5:47 PM, Slarlac249 said:

The problem is people want them to be how they are in the original series or film as that is how they look and feel it should be.

I mean the only real Transformers movie was the animated one that came out in the 80's that stayed true to the idea of what the transformers are and not exploding lenses flair to be seen.

Spoiler

I mean how can unicron be planet earth and all this bloody knights templer rubbish that keeps being added to the films currently what is with that crap?

4 minutes ago, TheReaperMan said:

The problem is people want them to be how they are in the original series or film as that is how they look and feel it should be.

I mean the only real Transformers movie was the animated one that came out in the 80's that stayed true to the idea of what the transformers are and not exploding lenses flair to be seen.

Hide contents

I mean how can unicron be planet earth and all this bloody knights templer rubbish that keeps being added to the films currently what is with that crap?

Spoiler

In the current and previous Transformers cartoons Unicron is the planet earth, so I am guess thats where they got the idea from. Still does not work if it is not executed correctly

Just now, +Ichigo+ said:
  Hide contents

In the current and previous Transformers cartoons Unicron is the planet earth.

Spoiler

I did not know that as I have not read any of the comics for a long while and was not aware that had changed. How does unicron end up being planet earth, it just does not make any sense at all. Can you point me at the correct comics so I can catch up on this?

But my point still stands that the best film was the Transformers:The Movie(cartoon). 

1 minute ago, TheReaperMan said:
  Hide contents

I did not know that as I have not read any of the comics for a long while and was not aware that had changed. How does unicron end up being planet earth, it just does not make any sense at all. Can you point me at the correct comics so I can catch up on this?

But my point still stands that the best film was the Transformers:The Movie(cartoon). 

Spoiler

I do not know about the comics, but here is the info from the cartoons I was talking about http://transformersprime.wikia.com/wiki/Unicron

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Movie was OK; I wasn't expecting much other than explosions and cool looking robots/cars. Some silly holes, mainly megatron not having his new look from the last movie along with Unicron.  I enjoyed it though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just watched it and it was fine for a 'switch your brain off and enjoy the action' film. 

There were so many continuity errors though it was pitiful, almost wanted to make this Transformers 1.1 and forget those in the middle. Something that did bug me however was the WW2 sub. It is based in Gosport here - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/50°47'18.5"N+1°07'11.0"W/@50.788466,-1.1205103,282m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d50.7884661!4d-1.1197184, about 70miles from London. Then the shot from the museus, to Themes then Dover..... Bugged me, probably more than it should have done.