Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: January 2017

For the month of January, Xbox Live Gold members will receive four new free games – two on Xbox One and two on Xbox 360 – as part of the Games with Gold program. You can play both Xbox 360 titles on your Xbox One with Backward Compatibility.

On Xbox One, Xbox Live Gold members can download World of Van Helsing: Deathtrap ($19.99 ERP) for free during the month of January. Killer Instinct Season 2 Ultra Edition ($39.99 ERP) will be available as a free download from January 16th to February 15th.

On Xbox 360, starting Sunday, January 1st, The Cave ($14.99 ERP) will be free for Xbox Live Gold members through January 15th. Then on January 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Rayman Origins ($14.99 ERP) for free through January 31st.

*Titles are available as free downloads for qualifying Xbox Live Gold members in all markets where Xbox Live is available. Some regions may offer different titles depending on market availability.

Source

EA Access Games in the Vault for Xbox One

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Games

Xbox Games with Gold & Deals with Gold: December 2016

• DrunknMunky pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

First week of deals for January. This week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 09 January 2017.

Source

I don't see anything I like but I also have a chunk of titles I have to go through that I'm in no rush to add to the list right away.  After I get through most of them then lots of these will be on sale again or just cheap to begin with. 

Week two of deals for January. Discounts are valid now through to 16th January. 

Lots of deals on Rock Band 4 add ons for the Xbox One. 

Source

Nice start to the new year for BC,  it really is a good idea for publishers to get their games on the list,  you can still buy them and at very low prices so it only adds to their bottom line in the end. 

1 minute ago, George P said:

Nice start to the new year for BC,  it really is a good idea for publishers to get their games on the list,  you can still buy them and at very low prices so it only adds to their bottom line in the end. 

Yep agree to some point, but don't forget we still see a lot of titles being remastered, which would be a good reason to not add to BC. Also if a sequel is due and they don't want to take the attention away from that, could be another reason. 

Still 100% behind you, and publishers really should push to make as many of their titles BC as they can.

2 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Yep agree to some point, but don't forget we still see a lot of titles being remastered, which would be a good reason to not add to BC. Also if a sequel is due and they don't want to take the attention away from that, could be another reason. 

Still 100% behind you, and publishers really should push to make as many of their titles BC as they can.

Yeah,  if they want to do a remaster then sure,  valid reason not to add it,  but I think we're not going to see many more of those at this point,  it was a good and quick way for them to get something on the new systems at the start. 

Now that we're a good bit into this generation it's time for new games to come out.  Also if there is a sequel in the pipeline then releasing the older ones to BC is a good way to get people to jump into the series and buy the sequel. 

5 minutes ago, George P said:

Yeah,  if they want to do a remaster then sure,  valid reason not to add it,  but I think we're not going to see many more of those at this point,  it was a good and quick way for them to get something on the new systems at the start. 

We had a few AAA titles released towards the back end of last year. 

Bioshock - Sept

Batman: Return to Arkham - Oct

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Oct

CoD: MW - Nov

9 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

We had a few AAA titles released towards the back end of last year. 

Bioshock - Sept

Batman: Return to Arkham - Oct

The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - Oct

CoD: MW - Nov

Yeah, but I really don't think we'll see many more going into this year, I think it's time for them to work out on games targeting the PS4 Pro and Scorpio, we could see "4k" updates hitting games now as the next new fad in gaming.  I really hope the remakes end and we can move on to new games.  I really don't play games over often, I always hunger for something new be it new IP or even sequels to series I like.

• Like 1

This week's Deals with Gold and Spotlight sale. Discounts are valid now through to 23rd January. 

Source

Some solid deals this week,  I can't wait to get back and play through the backlog I have. 

More titles added to BC. This time it's Stuntman: Igntion, Mad Tracks and JUJU. Enjoy!

• DrunknMunky unpinned this topic