Formula 1 World Championship 2017 Season Discussion

Driver of the race: Ricciardo

Rejects of the race: Either Vettel for the Sandwich, or Kyvat for getting crash FOMO and driving into a wall. 

The rumours are true: in 2018 we'll be competing as Aston Martin Red Bull Racing.

Today we're announcing Aston Martin as our title partner from the 2018 season. We've been working with the world famous sportscar maker for 18 months and this is the logical next step in strengthening our relationship.

Eighteen months ago, Red Bull Racing and Aston Martin launched an Innovation Partnership. We've carried the iconic wings badge on the nose and sidepods of the RB12 and RB13 and, of course, worked together to create the ground-breaking Aston Martin Valkyrie hypercar. We're now taking that partnership a step further. Several steps, actually.

The deepening ties between the two companies is far more than a branding exercise, with an expanded technical partnership taking concrete form – bad pun intended – in the shape of a new Advanced Performance Centre at our Milton Keynes home. The new facility will house 110 Aston Martin design and engineering staff who will be working with their Red Bull Advanced Technologies counterparts to create the Valkyrie's successors.

The Team has enjoyed a great relationship with Aston Martin, partnering for multiple activations including Daniel and Max's caravan race around the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg...

http://www.redbullracing.com/article/driving-future-innovation

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Interesting post from Hamilton.

<snipped>

As long as it's in the off season, I don't mind. Don't you dare do a Rosberg.

11 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Interesting post from Hamilton.

Didn't he have a relationship with a Motorcycle brand? I want to say MV Augusta and he launched like a Hamilton branded variation of one of their bikes?

I'd imagine this is the release of another one of these.

4 hours ago, Skiver said:

Didn't he have a relationship with a Motorcycle brand? I want to say MV Augusta and he launched like a Hamilton branded variation of one of their bikes?

I'd imagine this is the release of another one of these.

Should've put a bet on, @Skiver ;)

• Like 1

I don't really think Stroll did a lot wrong. If anything, Seb cut across him and surprised him, but it looked to me simply as if both of them switched off and it was rightly declared a (non-racing) racing incident.

On 01/10/2017 at 3:14 PM, Javik said:

I don't really think Stroll did a lot wrong. If anything, Seb cut across him and surprised him, but it looked to me simply as if both of them switched off and it was rightly declared a (non-racing) racing incident.

Initially, I thought it was just one of those things but from this video you see just how much he does drift out there, it's certainly not Seb cutting him. My only problem with this being a racing incident is when Vettel is handed a grid penalty next race at a track that doesn't have many overtaking opportunities, are we going to see the title chance killed off just that bit more? Sure giving Stroll a penalty won't really affect this but that lapse in concentration could just be another nail in Vettels coffin.

^^ Former FIA technical chief, so unsurprisingly, the other teams are a bit miffed at this appointment.