Chicago Police: 4 in custody after man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live

Chicago Police: 4 in custody after man tied up, tortured on Facebook Live
By: Lisa Chavarria
Posted: Jan 04 2017 04:58PM CST
Updated: Jan 04 2017 06:10PM CST

Investigators are looking into a Facebook Live video shot on the West Side that shows a group of people holding a young man hostage.
Chicago police told FOX 32 that four people are currently in custody.

Chicago police were made aware of this video Tuesday afternoon. A young African American woman streamed the video live on Facebook showing at least four people holding a young white man hostage.

The victim is repeatedly kicked and hit, his scalp is cut, all while he is tied up with his mouth taped shut. The suspects on the video can be heard yelling, "F*** Donald Trump! F*** white people!"

Community activist Andrew Holmes was made aware of the disturbing video, which he is calling a "hate crime."
FOX 32 was told the young man is now at a hospital being treated for his injuries.

No charges have yet been filed.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/227116738-story

Despite video evidence, Just another example of whites holding blacks down, black lives matter!! /s

No charges!!??? Speaks volumes - see? Whiteys fault! /s

(flip the script and races - another chocolate city would be burning tonight)

As a NON-racist white man, I can say that as time goes on,, it seems increasingly apparent  that there are a growing number of USA based blacks that are the most racist hate filled  people on earth.

Edited by Rippleman
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

Despite video evidence, Just another example of whites holding blacks down, black lives matter!! /s

As a NON-racist white man, I can say that as time goes on,, it seems increasingly apparent  that there are a growing number of USA based blacks that are the most racist hate filled  people on earth.

What the heck are you even talking about? The charges haven't been filed, doesn't mean they aren't going to be charged...

• Like 2

Just now, xendrome said:

What the heck are you even talking about? The charges haven't been filed, doesn't mean they aren't going to be charged...

I have not made the claim that charges will not be filed. At the time of the story and the time of my post - no charges have been filed.

5 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

At the time of the story and the time of my post - no charges have been filed

And you then implied that this held some sort of value to the story by your comment "Speaks volumes"...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

According to twitter he is special needs. He couldn't defend himself if he tried.

add another video to the Colin Flaherty channel. Seems as of late, endless source material to choose from.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEbta5E_jqlZmEJsriTEtnw/videos 

28 minutes ago, Nefarious Trigger said:

And you then implied that this held some sort of value to the story by your comment "Speaks volumes"...

You are incorrect. Why not focus on the story instead of again following me around? I though we had each other blocked? - seems to be a system error. Until it is fixed, please ignore my posts.

Edited by Rippleman

27 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

You are incorrect. Why not focus on the story instead of again following me around again? I though we had each other blocked? - seems to be a system error. Until it is fixed, please ignore my posts.

How am I incorrect?  Did I not just quote you directly?  Why not explain what you meant by the comment, this has nothing to do with other threads or the comments you made that were then deleted.

This is an open forum, I will respond to you as I see fit.  You may have blocked me, and yes I got a message from you asking me to block you, but why should I?  So you can post things and then deny it further?

How about you stick to the thread, and backup or explain the comment you made implying there's more to the charges not yet being filed - as you seem to have confused a few people with it.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

Out of interest, do you identify as a USA-based white?

1 minute ago, Shiranui said:

Out of interest, do you identify as a USA-based white?

No. It's odd how people are commenting to me rather then the story. Isn't the story more worthy?

1 minute ago, Rippleman said:

No. It's odd how people are commenting to me rather then the story. Isn't the story more worthy?

Your comments are curious at best, so quit the backtracking and explain them.  Then  people will understand your stance - which is the only oddity here.

• Like 3

I don't claim to speak for Rippleman but I think he's implying that if it were 4 white people doing this to a special needs young black man prosecution would be immediate and all the media in the world would be going on about how Trump inspires people to be racist towards blacks.

2 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

I don't claim to speak for Rippleman but I think he's implying that if it were 4 white people doing this to a special needs young black man prosecution would be immediate and all the media in the world would be going on about how Trump inspires people to be racist towards blacks.

This, imagine the news if this was done when Obama won. Riots would litter the streets, marshal law, 24/7 news reporting.

My mind will be absolutely blown if they actually charge them on a hate crime. What's the chances folks?

3 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

you know it. 

I understand the frustration Rippleman is implying. Whilst he could have said it a bit clearer, there certainly is a rise in racist hate crime from black people in the US toward white and all the while the PC correct tend to be more lenient toward the black population because of the fact the perpetrators are black and the police and government don't want the race card flipped back on them.

I wouldn't care at all if the punishment was the same regardless of the ones committing the crime, but it just seems as of late that black individuals appear to get away with acting out in the name of racism, by being themselves racist.

In the UK there are only a few black people who act out against white people without reason, using history as their reason, but its nothing like the scale escalating in the US.

As a non American in some ways the Trump Presidency may blow some cob webs out in the area of Social Justice. I follow the U.S keenly and several controversial issues have had debate stymied by the politically correct groups. Racism is just one  issue that needs to be debated without fear of reprisal. Trump is a divisive figure, there is no doubt about that however a term from him may be just what America needs.

24 minutes ago, restroom said:

I understand the frustration Rippleman is implying. Whilst he could have said it a bit clearer, there certainly is a rise in racist hate crime from black people in the US toward white and all the while the PC correct tend to be more lenient toward the black population because of the fact the perpetrators are black and the police and government don't want the race card flipped back on them.

I wouldn't care at all if the punishment was the same regardless of the ones committing the crime, but it just seems as of late that black individuals appear to get away with acting out in the name of racism, by being themselves racist.

In the UK there are only a few black people who act out against white people without reason, using history as their reason, but its nothing like the scale escalating in the US.

I feel Trump has loosened the shackles for people with several controversial topics. Some of the people feel like they are now being heard and want to flex that muscle. The U.S is in for one hell of a ride in the next four years!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Rippleman said:

Not to mention the media would be going absolutely ape **** over it. More articles on it would be appearing online at CBS, NBC & CNN than they have advertisements on the home pages!

6 hours ago, trag3dy said:

prosecution would be immediate

Can prosecution even be immediate?

No doubt I can agree that I FEEL that there's a rise in "black on white" violence and that the bias still errs towards "but but but, blacks can't be racist".

The NAACP are currently hauled up in Jeff Session's mobile office, wonder if they've been asked for comment?

In other poorly timed news today 'Dems renew demand for slavery reparations'.

7 hours ago, trag3dy said:

http://sandrarose.com/2016/12/student-spared-jail-raping-mentally-disabled-boy-coat-hanger/

balloon_866d3d_970344.gif

52 minutes ago, Son_Of_Dad said:

In other poorly timed news today 'Dems renew demand for slavery reparations'.

Does that mean they're going to force the descendants of all those African chieftans that sold kidnapped members of other tribes pay up too? Because that's where quite a lot of the slaves came from...

Reparations are just stupid. Nobody alive today is responsible for the sins of those that lived 100's of years ago, so why should they be forced to pay up?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TPreston said:

One single sick story, out of the thousands. Nice try. Where are the riots of people saying "hangers up don't shoot?". The crime was NOT based on color. The crime was not based on political position (or assumption of that position). The crime was a sick stupid teen  That story was based on 1 sick stupid person who should be have the ###### beat out of him and left in a ditch to bleed and then prison time after that for a decade with daily hanger treatments.

What is your position on this story in particular. Do you support the black kids in this action or do you think something bad should happen to them? Tell us your side of this story.

Racisim goes both ways. If you are racist and oppress a certain group over and over, that said group will eventually push back with their own racism. However this situation in Chicago is more than just racism, the fact that we have people esspecially the younger crowd thinking this is OK to stream this ###### on facebook live really shows how little respect and parenting has influenced them. It doesn't matter if you are black or white, this kind of ###### should not be tolerated.

I know certain groups may think that if normal protesting doesn't work you need to find alternate means, but this goes way over the line