StorPort.SYS GSOD Error Can't Update Windows Insider

I have tried five times, and I get a Green Screen of death, when I try to install the 15002 update.  Other people are starting to have the problem.  

I have an AMD CPU & AMD Graphics card with a Sata SSD.

I am stuck on 14986, and can't get the updates.  I have stopped Windows Insider updates for now. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2017 at 6:34 PM, Psyscope said:

I have tried five times, and I get a Green Screen of death, when I try to install the 15002 update.  Other people are starting to have the problem.  

I am stuck on 14986, and can't get the updates.  I have stopped Windows Insider updates for now. 

Have you updated your SATA drivers?

On 1/11/2017 at 2:34 AM, Psyscope said:

hey up mate, go to your motherboard manufacturer or AMD and grab the latest AMD motherboard chipset drivers available. storport.sys is used usually for RAID or AHCI controllers. Try updating that then retry.

iRST uses it and so does a lot of higher end SATA controllers to provide software RAID and AHCI setup can also use it. SCSI disk controllers also use the windows sys file. I dont think Intels iRST will even install without a suitable Intel motherboard chipset, but im guessing, as i dont have any AMD kit to check.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/drivers/storage/storport-driver

it may also be worth checking what mode your controllers are set to in the motherboard BIOS, auto or RAID setting (if your not using software RAID on your drives) and manually set it to AHCI, if windows BSODS with the change reboot a couple of times and W7 onwards usually sorts itself out.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TheReaperMan said:

have you got daemon tools installed or a other virtual drive software?. if you have uninstall it and try the update again. 

good point, never thought of that :)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Is that your best contribution?

To you?  Yes.  To him?  Look above your new post.

I somehow doubt a system that can't even install RST is going to be able to update RST either.

9 minutes ago, LostCat said:

To you?  Yes.  To him?  Look above your new post.

I somehow doubt a system that can't even install RST is going to be able to update RST either.

A link to an ISO? Great job. You spent more time being critical of me. I read the OP several times and did not see mention of AMD. I suspect that it was added in after the fact. The edited by line doesn't always show. Or

I may have just simply mentioned it. 

8 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

You spent more time being critical of me.

...of your lacking advice and nonsensical counterpoints, absolutely.

At the time I originally posted responses, no.

1 minute ago, LostCat said:

...of your lacking advice and nonsensical counterpoints, absolutely.

Cool story bro. I'm sure that earns you points...somewhere.