[Winter Storm Jupiter] I'm safe indoors. road and school closures.

Winter storm: chain controls enforced, schools delayed/closed

UPDATED: 10 a.m. 1/12/17

A winter storm warning is in effect for the greater Lake Tahoe area until 4 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 12, according to the National Weather Service in Reno. 

With heavy snow hitting the Sierra all week, Reno-Tahoe area ski resorts are seeing massive snow totals. In fact, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe in Reno reported 10.5 feet of snow as of Thursday morning.

Snow is also impacting valley locations and a winter weather advisory is in effect for northern Nevada until 10 p.m this evening with snow totals expected to range between 3-8 inches with locally higher totals.

Admins: issues with posting photos of said storm***

photos: photos of storm Jupiter

Meh, we're used to it. The street gas line is new and we have a big propane tank buried in the back yard, so the generator will just fire up after which we're good.

1 minute ago, wakjak said:

What are they calling for snowfall amounts in the towns/low lying areas?

Snow is also impacting valley locations and a winter weather advisory is in effect for northern Nevada until 10 p.m this evening with snow totals expected to range between 3-8 inches with locally higher totals.

Lol. I'll take heavy snow over snow drifts. It's so bad in the area I live in, Semi's were close to flipping over, cars were being abandoned because the snow was too heavy to drive through. Here I am in a 79 Ford F-150 Stock with 35" tires doing 60. I've pulled 4 cops out, and helped a trucker get unstuck. My truck is a friggin' tank.

• Like 3

my daughters, boyfriends mother took this at Tahoe

15894286_1504884902859386_58924707491693

I'm @ 4,400 feet at the snowline. Tahoe is an additional 2,225 feet. Mt Rose is elevation is 8,500-8,800 feet

Suck it, constant drought. ... you'll be back in a few months, I'm sure.

It is like... raining here. Which is enough to freak out people in LA.