There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

  • Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Neowin has upgraded to TapaTalk Premium, apps on the way


 Share

Recommended Posts

Yesterday I enabled the Premium package for TapaTalk which means we'll be getting branded apps for Android and iOS. They are currently pending review.

 

The TapaTalk forum plugin was also updated yesterday, Smart Banner is now truly disabled, and instead I have left the option to display a (one time) message to download the branded app on a supported device whenever anyone accesses the forum on Android or iOS (once the apps are actually available).

 

Sigs are also disabled, and forum topics no longer have a TapaTalk favicon when linking in other programs (Slack/Skype etc).

 

Another important note: I have had to enable "allow sign in from Tapatalk for known users" which uses your Tapatalk account - this is required for the branded apps, so, current members please ensure you check how you are signing in! 

 

It costs $10 a month, which is an additional cost on top of everything else, so it goes without saying that I hope I can rely on our most active readers to (first of all) sign up and register on Neowin, which results in fewer ads inline on pages, assuming you guys are kind enough to whitelist us.

 

We also have an ad-free option for $28/year (non recurring) for those that want to show a bit of additional support!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh yes, I have Android and I really didn't look at the "tabs" option I don't really understand them :s But if the first version needs updating I will be sure to make sure the tabs do what we want.

@John. do you have an example website I can check on TapaTalk for their app/layout/tabs? (and link to Play store app pls) :p

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Sigs are also disabled, and forum topics no longer have a TapaTalk favicon when linking in other programs (Slack/Skype etc).

What do you mean by that? You mean the "posted via" message?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

Oh yes, I have Android and I really didn't look at the "tabs" option I don't really understand them :s But if the first version needs updating I will be sure to make sure the tabs do what we want.

@John. do you have an example website I can check on TapaTalk for their app/layout/tabs? (and link to Play store app pls) :p

not right now but if I find one i'll link you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know this would probably do better in a site issues thread, but I'm looking forward to the app, mainly because of the slight issue with the menu layout. 

 

The amount of times I've opened the deals page when I was trying to see notifications is huge.

 

 

IMG_0218.PNG

 

EDIT: Sorry for attachment size, bloody iPhone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ugh, well the header is being updated at the moment (completely recoded) and should solve those issues moving forward. (Y) Hopefully not too long now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@John. just want to check if you are using Orion sticky navigation or the default Orion theme (since I have pinged the dev to this thread). The Sticky nav theme is outdated and broke in parts mate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

@John. just want to check if you are using Orion sticky navigation or the default Orion theme (since I have pinged the dev to this thread). The Sticky nav theme is outdated and broke in parts mate.

...Changed to default Orion and it's sorted. You absolute star! I can use the site! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/01/2017 at 8:08 AM, Steven P. said:

The TapaTalk forum plugin was also updated yesterday, Smart Banner is now truly disabled, and instead I have left the option to display a (one time) message to download the branded app on a supported device whenever anyone accesses the forum on Android, Windows Mobile, or iOS (once the apps are actually available).

FTFY. :p

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I got the notification on my phone when I opened the site just now that the app is available.

Sent this from the app! Awesome guys, been wanting an official app for a long time! [emoji41] [emoji106]

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.