Google Play TV & Movies has stopped working (Brand New Shield TV 2017)

So I posted this on the Official Nvidia forum as well as XDA .. but I thought why not post it here too.

Yesterday I hooked my brand new Nvidia shield 2017 up. Upon the first setup, it updated to the newest version of the OS. But now I keep getting an error message on the screen "Google Play TV & Movies has stopped working" 

The only thing I did before I noticed it was enabled developer options and turned off animations. 

So I factory reset the box and the very first message I got, (Even on top of the setup screen) was "Google Play TV & Movies has stopped working. 

I went in and reapplied the newest updates again. This time when I opened Google Play TV & Movies I was prompted to update Google Play services, which I don't think I was prompted for before. So I was getting excited this might fix it. After applying the update I tried it again. It lasted 3 seconds then crashed again.

If I clear the data from Google Play Movies & TV it won't crash for about 3 seconds after I open it. After the first crash, it will then crash immediately.

I normally would really care that's it's crashing but I really want to use "Live Channels" Which now doesn't even open because it just keeps flashing over and over "Google Play TV & Movies has stopped working"

Recap of what I've tried

Factory Reset (Google Play TV & Movies crashed immediately upon reaching the Shield Setup screen)
Removed Google Play TV & Movies update and reapplied it
Cleared Google Play TV & Movies Data
Cleared Google Play services Data
Applied the Google Play TV & Movies Update after a factory reset
Applied the Google Play services update after updating Google Play TV & Moves directly after a factory reset.

*Update*

I tried uninstalling the Google Play TV & Movies update again (even though I tried it before) and the app stopped crashing... WTF. So I then applied the update and the app still hasn't crashed. So I restarted the device just to make sure and Google Play TV & Movies is now completely stable ... WTF!