Federal agents conduct immigration enforcement raids in at least six states

21 minutes ago, Solid Knight said:

Why is the US enforcing their laws? Seems strange to do it. Also what's wrong with people coming into the US and committing various forms of fraud to earn money?

I know right?! WTF I thought this w2as a free country where everyone can come in, rob and pillage as they please....

8 hours ago, ensiform said:

Isn't that what Trump is trying to do by shaking things up though?

A wall that will leak like a sieve isn't a comprehensive policy. It's a waste of money.

• Like 1

I already said before the wall itself was stupid and won't work but Trump is still very early into the presidency and nobody wants to give time of day.  I don't even like Trump or vote for him but I'd rather the President be successful at helping the country than not.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, primortal said:

I love the fact we're punishing just the illegals.  How about also going after the people that are illegally paying their wages?  How about going after the person that's renting them their apartment or house as well?  Let share the pain an misery all around :D

I'm not sure about the renter, depending on the circumstances, but certainly the person hiring an illegal should be punished.

This is a very good idea, and would likely help curtail illegal immigration. If the jobs aren't available (since employers are fined for illegal workers) then that's one less reason to sneak in.

18 hours ago, primortal said:

Start fining these companies/people per-head and on top of that they must pay for room and board (per-head) till deported along with deportation fees (per-head).  Want to see how fast this illegal immigration comes to a standstill :devil:

Love this idea - make illegal workers less profitable for employers and the jobs dry up. Jobs dry up, and there's less reason to sneak in!

On 2/13/2017 at 0:10 PM, Zinomian said:

You are assuming that illegal immigrants are a all thieves, and trying to take advantage of the US, however, most simply want to work in peace, pay their taxes, and give their children a decent future.  

You are assuming much about me with little knowledge. Let me educate you a bit so you do not make such a fool of yourself again. I have two stepsons. One is adopted, and was the son of Cuban immigrants. The other is my wife's natural son, and his father was an illegal immigrant. Drawing conclusions such as you did only makes you look foolish. As well, having lived for years in California, which is where my wife and her sons are from, I am quite aware of the laws there.I have likely known more illegals than you have even seen in life. 

Forgive me, but I must dismiss your post. You jump to conclusions too easily.