What i'm giving up for Lent....

8 minutes ago, Buttus said:

what if we gave up being on topic?   :rofl:

I have to agree with you, giving up not being on topic is actually on topic.

• Like 2

im giving up absolutely nothing because....im agnostic.

teresa mays giving up potato chips for lent....the UK feels better now, knowing the witch likes potato chips.

• Like 3

On 3/4/2017 at 7:20 PM, Gary7 said:

Making fun of someone's religion is just not cool. Would you dare to make fun of Ramadan?  This is NUTS.

Come over to the Official Religion Thread if you want to see people really make fun of religion. 

• Like 3

On 2017/3/5 at 10:52 AM, Gary7 said:

Fine but to me and many other Christians religion is not a joke.

Indeed, given the millions whose people who have suffered or are suffering at the hands of Christian beliefs, it is most certainly, as you say, no joke.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Shiranui said:

Indeed, given the millions whose people who have suffered or are suffering at the hands of Christian beliefs, it is most certainly, as you say, no joke.

BOOM!

HEADSHOT!

• Like 3

Recovering Catholic here so I can care less about Lent and in fact one Lent, a long time ago is when I gave up Catholicism. These days I believe all religions are obviously made up by man and are probably really pissing of (the) God(s).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, oldtimefighter said:

Recovering Catholic here so I can care less about Lent and in fact one Lent, a long time ago is when I gave up Catholicism. These days I believe all religions are obviously made up by man and are probably really pissing of (the) God(s).

I think you might be on to something.

@Gary7 Please come over to the official religion thread.  We do not discriminate, we happily, and whole-heartedly rip apart all deities, past and present.

This is a joke, if you dont think its funny - then you can post something funnier.

Whether you believe in Yahweh, Zeus, Odin, Krishna, the unicorn in my backyard that you cant see, but its there and listens to my wishes & occasionally suspends the laws of physics, on my behalf, to grant them - its in the joke section for a reason.

Laugh, enjoy life, try not to be so uptight

Surely your chosen deity gave you a sense of humor for a reason - and what exactly was so horrible with @warwagon's  post in the 1st place ?

• Like 5

I don't feel the need to arbitrarily deny myself anything I want based upon fairy tales.  The same way I won't ever do "Dry for January" - if I want something I shall have it.  Should I deny myself, it will be for dietary reasons, financial reasons or something tangible.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2017 at 8:41 PM, warwagon said:

I was curious if you are allowed to give up something for Lent, can you give up Lent as a whole. :D

I do every year, I'm a Baptist heathen. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jeez - lighten up. It's a JOKE.