7 hours ago, Paradigmfusion said:

Even at full retail it's worth it. Great game. Lots to do. Great story. It is one of 5 PS4 titles that I have paid full price for on launch day.. if it is only £50 then grab it up while you can.

I really really wished I bought the collectors edition. Could have got it for £107 but I had no idea what kind of game it would have been.

I went ahead and bought it after a friend's comment to the question on Facebook:

If you like any or all of far cry, uncharted and assassins creed, you will love it. It takes the best part of a number of the best games, adds in a glorious open world and robot dinosaurs. ROBOT DINOSAURS! plus someRPG elements like customizable/upgrade weapons, loot system and different mounts and merges them all into a great game ?

In my humble opinion.

He wasn't wrong. I'm definitely happy I got it. It's awesome!

• Like 2

On 24/03/2017 at 4:44 AM, The Evil Overlord said:

Wait until you have to do 3 or more at once, or the Corrupted versions :p They're not too bad if you use the environment to your advantage, Rockbreakers are usually limited to areas with some decent hard cover, the tall grass won't help, but the rocky outcrops can cancel out their attacks.

All I will say is, The Elemental Arrows are your friend.

You weren't kidding. I went in to sneak around to see what I'd be fighting in that corrupted zone. Think it is level 34. I'm currently 36. I watched those corrupted Rockbreakers take on a Bohemeth. Creepy. It put up quite the fight but damn. Those spinning rocks.

Think I'll try at some point and take on a regular Rockbreaker since I haven't fought them yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vf- said:

You weren't kidding. I went in to sneak around to see what I'd be fighting in that corrupted zone. Think it is level 34. I'm currently 36. I watched those corrupted Rockbreakers take on a Bohemeth. Creepy. It put up quite the fight but damn. Those spinning rocks.

Think I'll try at some point and take on a regular Rockbreaker since I haven't fought them yet.

There's an easy way, high ground and weakpoints

Or if you're a daredevil  out in the open :p

First time I fought one was just after I got to the quarry, wen't through a lot of needless ammo and dying brfore I figured out the fight mechanic.

The corrupted versions are about the same with more life and power, but again, once you have the fight mastered, you'll find them less of a problem :)

Ok I think I'm at the end now...  I'm going to be vague so at not to do any spoilers but I'm up to a big battle mission where there are two optional parts to just check with people at the two fronts.  I seems like an end so I'm hesitant to actually do it before I've finished up some other stuff I want to do in case you can't keep playing after the end.

I did manage to get all but one of the necessary power cells to get the super armor just by playing the game without specifically looking for them.  The one I missed was in the prologue because I had no idea you could break the stalactites.  I went ahead and got that and the armor as, as previously noted, I STINK and head on fighting so I may very well need it for the big fight ahead (not sure how much stealth I'll be able to do).

About my horrible twitch skills for the record as far as I can tell you NEVER have to fight those bigger bird machines.  I've seen 3 in the game so far... one in the wild that I just easily stealthed around.  One on a mission I believe in the Shadow Carja area where it actually even changed my mission to "kill [insert nasty bird machine name here]" but while fighting it I was able to hide and after sitting in a bush with it literally flying feet above my head for a minute or so it flew away! (the mission crossed out like I killed it and advanced to the next part).  The final one was on the way to GAIA which I believe was mentioned above and it does a little animation (which is a bit odd since it wasn't the first time I'd seen that creature) but the mission doesn't even say to kill it.  I ran like heck to the door, zig zagging and using the rocks as cover and didn't even try to fight it.  On the way back out it was still there so I just fast traveled to my next mission.  I'm REALLY glad the game doesn't MAKE you fight very many things and DOES allow you to find other solutions... apparently even if the mission says "kill X".

The corrupted rock eaters are REALLY easy with the best armor, rofl.  I had two corrupted zones left on the map and that was the lower level of the two and the last thing I did last night.  I didn't even try to hide or anything I just stood on top of the large outcropping in the corrupted zone and shot them.  The armor even prevents you from being knocked by the rocks they spew so I just had to dodge/hide when the armor needed to recharge (which is pretty fast).  They've got to be pretty darn rough without it though.  I think all I have left is one corrupted zone and I need to farm some stuff to get a few weapon upgrades I still don't have... most notably the shadow bow that does corruption damage.  Once that's done I'll kick off that major battle (end of the game?)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Asmodai said:

Ok I think I'm at the end now...  I'm going to be vague so at not to do any spoilers but I'm up to a big battle mission where there are two optional parts to just check with people at the two fronts.  I seems like an end so I'm hesitant to actually do it before I've finished up some other stuff I want to do in case you can't keep playing after the end.

Posting from my phone so I haven't snipped, to answer you main question, yes.

You go ahead and fight an even tougher Khopesh, but you don't need to worry too much, I can offer some advice if you like, (hint, flame arrows are your friend)

On a side note, enjoy the fight where you get to use the Oseram Cannon again, (I would have liked to see one or 2 more encounters with it as it's seriously overpowered)

Once you finish the game, you have the option to continue playing the game at just before you start the final fight mission (which helps with any side missions or errands you have left)

Or you can quit out and start a new game.

edit, now on a pc so able to format correctly

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Asmodai said:

About my horrible twitch skills for the record as far as I can tell you NEVER have to fight those bigger bird machines.  I've seen 3 in the game so far... one in the wild that I just easily stealthed around.  One on a mission I believe in the Shadow Carja area where it actually even changed my mission to "kill [insert nasty bird machine name here]"

I don't know what happened there, but there is a side mission in which you need a thunderhead and stormbird trophy for the hunters lounge missions, which eventually lead to more hunting missions (nothing to do with the 5 hunting grounds missions for the lodge weapons)

I'm way, way behind you guys. :laugh:

I just took my first settlement last night. I'm hoping it's not going to do what Fallout 4 did and get someone badgering me every 5 minutes that another settlement needs my help.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I don't know what happened there, but there is a side mission in which you need a thunderhead and stormbird trophy for the hunters lounge missions, which eventually lead to more hunting missions (nothing to do with the 5 hunting grounds missions for the lodge weapons)

I did absolutely nothing related to the hunters lodge, nor do I ever intend to.  I absolutely HATE timed missions with a passion and I've now finished the game so apparently none of it is required.

I skipped ALL of those missions, all the tutorials beyond the first, and haven't come close to collecting all the data points or item sets (I did get one item set by sheer luck) and those aren't things I'd go back and try to do.

I DID clear all of the bandit camps and currupted zones, overrode all of the tallnecks and crucibles, and because I got all but one power cell without even trying I went ahead and got the super armor.

The game was great, I enjoyed the story a great deal and I look forward to any new story DLCs that come out but I think I'm going to move on to Mass Effect for the time being.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nick H. said:

I just took my first settlement last night. I'm hoping it's not going to do what Fallout 4 did and get someone badgering me every 5 minutes that another settlement needs my help.

I don't believe you HAVE to clear any settlments if you're talking about the bandits but it does make the area safer to travel through and it adds a campfire (for save and fast travel) and merchant so it's handy to clear them.  You never get called back to ones you've cleared either.

Same with tallnecks and crucibles... I think it leads you to the first of each so you know what to do but after that I don't think you NEED to do any more if you don't want to.  I actually enjoy clearing the bandits and overriding the tallnecks and crucibles so I did them all but if you don't it's something you can safely skip and won't halt story progression (thought you don't get the perks of clearing them).  I DID skip the Hunters Logde stuff because I personally can't stand that type of mission but you may love it... the overall point being that most of the stuff is optional... do what you enjoy.  If it's not in the Main Mission section of the mission list you probably don't HAVE to do it to finish the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asmodai said:

I don't believe you HAVE to clear any settlments if you're talking about the bandits but it does make the area safer to travel through and it adds a campfire (for save and fast travel) and merchant so it's handy to clear them.  You never get called back to ones you've cleared either.

Same with tallnecks and crucibles... I think it leads you to the first of each so you know what to do but after that I don't think you NEED to do any more if you don't want to.  I actually enjoy clearing the bandits and overriding the tallnecks and crucibles so I did them all but if you don't it's something you can safely skip and won't halt story progression (thought you don't get the perks of clearing them).  I DID skip the Hunters Logde stuff because I personally can't stand that type of mission but you may love it... the overall point being that most of the stuff is optional... do what you enjoy.  If it's not in the Main Mission section of the mission list you probably don't HAVE to do it to finish the game.

Eh, what annoyed me about Fallout 4 was getting constantly called back to the settlements to defend them from an attack. It was fun last night, sneaking along and taking out as many of them as possible before all hell broke loose. :laugh:

For the tallnecks, I'm aiming to do as many as possible. Like in Assassin's Creed, I love scaling to a high point and looking around at my surroundings.

I can't find any information on crucibles, though? What are they?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

I can't find any information on crucibles, though? What are they?

Cauldrons :p 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Louisifer said:

Cauldrons :p 

Oh, Cauldrons! I thought I had missed something for a moment there! :laugh:

No, I want to do the Cauldrons as well. Don't tell me if I'm right or wrong, but I get the feeling doing them will also help fill in some story questions I have.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Oh, Cauldrons! I thought I had missed something for a moment there! :laugh:

No, I want to do the Cauldrons as well. Don't tell me if I'm right or wrong, but I get the feeling doing them will also help fill in some story questions I have.

Sorry!  I'm an idiot (I told you I'm horrible with names)!  Like Louisifer said crucible = cauldrons.  Now you see why I don't even tend to try with the creature names... rofl.  Big bird thingy works for me!

• Like 1

I'm mostly a PC gamer but i'm tempted to buy a PS4 for this game. Need to replace my 360 anyway for the occasional couch gaming.

I'm a big fan of Witcher so considering this is this game worth buying a PS4 for?

• Like 1

On 3/25/2017 at 7:51 AM, Paradigmfusion said:

Even at full retail it's worth it. Great game. Lots to do. Great story. It is one of 5 PS4 titles that I have paid full price for on launch day.. if it is only £50 then grab it up while you can.

what other PS4 titles did you buy?

11 hours ago, Nick H. said:

Well I did send you a pm, but I must be beneath you as you didn't even bother gracing me with a response :cry::p

2 hours ago, LaP said:

I'm mostly a PC gamer but i'm tempted to buy a PS4 for this game. Need to replace my 360 anyway for the occasional couch gaming.

I'm a big fan of Witcher so considering this is this game worth buying a PS4 for?

Probably not, if you're not into console gaming, it's a lot of money for a dust collector. If you do enjoy the simplicity of instant gaming, then yes go for it. The game is story driven, lots of side missions, errands, and so on... (Think Red Dead series) 

I've platinumed the game, and have restarted, purely because I love the storyline, the soundtrack is awesome too.

3 hours ago, Asmodai said:

Sorry!  I'm an idiot 

You shouldn't put yourself down like that, I'll do it :p

Just kidding bud

1 hour ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Well I did send you a pm, but I must be beneath you as you didn't even bother gracing me with a response :cry::p

I saw it, and I saw the subject line. Unfortunately work took over and I lost the notification so it slipped my mind. Check your PM in a few minutes. (Y)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vf- said:

The soundtrack is on iTunes. Asmodai, how did you manage to get the super armour missing one power cell? :s

I got all but one power cell without actively looking for them.  I just did the missions and if I noticed them as I was running around I picked them up.  When I got to the end I noticed I had managed to get all but one of them that way so since I was so close I went ahead and looked up where the last one was and got it.  So the only one I intentionally looked for was the last one and only because I was only missing one.  If I had been missing like 3 or so without trying I wouldn't have bothered.  The first one I missed because I didn't realize the environment was destroyable until later and you have to break something to get it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LaP said:

No.  It's a GREAT game but I'm not sure how replayable it is, it doesn't seem to be as much of a sandbox that you can run around and do things in after the story is complete like GTA or Elder Scrolls.  As such I think you'd enjoy the game but once it was done you'd have a console you'd have no real use for if you got it just for that game.  No point spending that much money for one game.  However if you do decide to get a PS4 I highly recommend getting Horizon, it's a must have for the console.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick H. said:

I saw it, and I saw the subject line. Unfortunately work took over and I lost the notification so it slipped my mind. Check your PM in a few minutes. (Y)

Well, 11 hours on and I'm still waiting :cry: I feel like his side bitch, you know, the one who gets all excited that he's coming to see me, gets all dressed up, and looks my best, only to end up sitting here by the phone, wondering what I did wrong :cry::p

That should make him feel guilty :p

Just messing with you bud, you don't have to if you don't want to (Y)

17 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Well, 11 hours on and I'm still waiting :cry: I feel like his side bitch, you know, the one who gets all excited that he's coming to see me, gets all dressed up, and looks my best, only to end up sitting here by the phone, wondering what I did wrong :cry::p

That should make him feel guilty :p

Just messing with you bud, you don't have to if you don't want to (Y)

Ah, I've just seen that you have left the PM conversation, so I guess that means you won't have seen my replies...

I've sent you another PM.

• Like 1