• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Destiny 2

Recommended Posts

LOC    989

Yeah and I saw that Bungie said that the game is exclusive to the Blizzard app (or is it still Battle.net?) so no Steam at all. Sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LostCat    1,251

bah

 

I lost my two factor auth for my real Blizzard account, though I'm sure it wouldn't benefit me to use it anyway.

 

My Destiny friends play on Xbox but I wouldn't want to play it on there until Scorpio shows up.

 

I just got a PS4 Pro so that'd be a great place to play it too, but I'll stick with PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doli    541

So Crucible going to be 4 vs 4 instead of 6 vs 6. And again, PS4 timed exclusive content. Exclusive until Fall 2018

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WildWayz    103

Really digging the reveal. I know people scream "It's just a DLC" - which is a cop-out. It looks much more polished. 30fps on the console isn't an issue as the original suffered no slow down at all, and felt better than 30fps (Ghost Recon is 30fps and feels much more sluggish).

 

The only thing that I hope they do, is add a lot more different enemies. From what I saw, still have Vex, Fallen, Cabal etc from the first game. I want more variety. I know they can't ditch them as the scene is still Earth etc but the Red Legion are still just re-skinned Cabal regardless of the name. 

 

I've pre-ordered it for the PS4 Pro - don't care if people don't like pre-ordering, I do for games I love (and over 1800 hours into Destiny, I am not worried lol).

I am, however, unsure if I will buy the PC version too - splitting time between the two is gonna be very hard lol - but I wanna play it in high quality lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LostCat    1,251

Yeah apparently the PC version is delayed an unspecified amount of time, so I have no idea what's going on, I might end up with the PS4 version.

 

I'l preorder when it's actually releasing heh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WildWayz    103

As you know, it is much harder to code for a PC than a console (I know people go on about "If it is on Xbox One, then it is simple to release it on PC as they are the same" - but it isn't). So many different hardware configurations and API's used for different brands of cards (nVidia, AMD) - even CPUs use different calls. Then all the different video settings to ensure a wide range of PCs can run the game - all takes a lot more time... hence why it will be a bit later.

Some are saying the rumour is, December for PC release. I really hope not - but can understand if it does slip that far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LostCat    1,251

I'm not that obtuse I just wish they hadn't waited until now to point out the delay.  Better than waiting until the last minute, but still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WildWayz    103
13 minutes ago, dwLostCat said:

I'm not that obtuse I just wish they hadn't waited until now to point out the delay.  Better than waiting until the last minute, but still.

Sorry - didn't mean for it to come out that way... I was going to put "Not teaching grandmother to suck eggs" at the start, but wasn't sure if it was used outside of the UK :)

But I agree... should have told us sooner... but their website doesn't have a pre-order up for the PC version, so thinking back with hindsight, it was all pointing to a staggered release...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spacer    988

All Bungie had to do in order to get my on board with Destiny 2 was add matchmaking for raids. I never got to play any of the raids from the first game, because there was no matchmaking. It was the primary reason I stopped playing. I wasn't going to continue paying full price for access to only part of the content.

 

They almost fixed this issue. Guided games sounds like a good idea, until you realize they weren't specific as to whether it worked with heroics. And if it doesn't, it might as well not even be there. If they come out and confirm guided games can be used for heroic content, awesome, I'm there day-1. If not, I'll be skipping it altogether.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WildWayz    103
3 minutes ago, spacer said:

All Bungie had to do in order to get my on board with Destiny 2 was add matchmaking for raids. I never got to play any of the raids from the first game, because there was no matchmaking. It was the primary reason I stopped playing. I wasn't going to continue paying full price for access to only part of the content.

 

They almost fixed this issue. Guided games sounds like a good idea, until you realize they weren't specific as to whether it worked with heroics. And if it doesn't, it might as well not even be there. If they come out and confirm guided games can be used for heroic content, awesome, I'm there day-1. If not, I'll be skipping it altogether.

I imagine it will come with Heroic - or even if it doesn't, then not to worry as you'll have made a ton of friends using the guided clan thing... Heroic Raids will most likely fall after the 2 expansions to add longevity :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,947
On 2017-5-20 at 2:46 AM, Doli said:

So Crucible going to be 4 vs 4 instead of 6 vs 6. And again, PS4 timed exclusive content. Exclusive until  at least Fall 2018

 

 

 

FTFY!

 

Big fan of Destiny, so this was always going to be on my buy list and can't wait.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,440
24 minutes ago, Skiver said:

FTFY!

 

Big fan of Destiny, so this was always going to be on my buy list and can't wait.

 

You have my sympathies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,947
1 minute ago, The Evil Overlord said:

You have my sympathies

In what way? 

 

The amount of time this game can require or just because you dislike Destiny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,440
Just now, Skiver said:

In what way? 

 

The amount of time this game can require or just because you dislike Destiny?

We spoke on the original destiny thread, so I'll spare everyone else about my feelings in that, a buddy of mine linked me something about sniper rifles being heavy weapons and not special anymore, along with a few other changes in D2 that made me think WTAF! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WildWayz    103
18 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

We spoke on the original destiny thread, so I'll spare everyone else about my feelings in that, a buddy of mine linked me something about sniper rifles being heavy weapons and not special anymore, along with a few other changes in D2 that made me think WTAF! 

I kinda like that idea though... stops all these issues in PVP where people only use snipers / shotguns etc - focus on using main guns or 'heavies' if you can get them... 

 

Until the beta drops, I am going to try to remain open to all the changes. I know the drop to 4v4 to me, sounded mental - I mean, I loved 6v6 games! BUT - after listening to Datto's view on it, it makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,947
19 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

We spoke on the original destiny thread, so I'll spare everyone else about my feelings in that, a buddy of mine linked me something about sniper rifles being heavy weapons and not special anymore, along with a few other changes in D2 that made me think WTAF! 

Yep, two primary slots and then what they are describing as a "power slot" which will now be your Sniper, Shotty, Fusion, Sidearm, Rocket, Machine Gun and anything else I've missed. It seems like a strange choice and I think we could see some weapons being forgotten about because of it but I guess all we can do is wait and see how it is. I'm certainly not making a judgement on it without giving it a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,440
2 hours ago, Skiver said:

Yep, two primary slots and then what they are describing as a "power slot" which will now be your Sniper, Shotty, Fusion, Sidearm, Rocket, Machine Gun and anything else I've missed. It seems like a strange choice and I think we could see some weapons being forgotten about because of it but I guess all we can do is wait and see how it is. I'm certainly not making a judgement on it without giving it a shot.

And @WildWayz

 

Just seems a little bit busy, especially within raids or intensive pvp, when swapping out a weapon was just a hit on one button, press for special, hold for heavy.

And how would the whole ammo brick thing work, as in the current system, it's white, green, purple, but a one size fits all for everything that isn't primary seems a little, well weird...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spacer    988
21 hours ago, Skiver said:

Yep, two primary slots and then what they are describing as a "power slot" which will now be your Sniper, Shotty, Fusion, Sidearm, Rocket, Machine Gun and anything else I've missed. It seems like a strange choice and I think we could see some weapons being forgotten about because of it but I guess all we can do is wait and see how it is. I'm certainly not making a judgement on it without giving it a shot.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the weapon changes either. I feel like it's going to homogenize loadouts too much. There aren't enough types of primary weapons to give a good variety of 2/3 of everyone's weapons slots, in my opinion. What's considered a primary weapon? Assault rifles, scout rifles, pulse rifles, hand cannons, and the new SMGs? Am I missing anything?

 

Seems like way too few choices, and I feel like them relegating all of the specials into the same category as the heavies was a brute force (read: dumb) solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,947
32 minutes ago, spacer said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the weapon changes either. I feel like it's going to homogenize loadouts too much. There aren't enough types of primary weapons to give a good variety of 2/3 of everyone's weapons slots, in my opinion. What's considered a primary weapon? Assault rifles, scout rifles, pulse rifles, hand cannons, and the new SMGs? Am I missing anything?

 

Seems like way too few choices, and I feel like them relegating all of the specials into the same category as the heavies was a brute force (read: dumb) solution.

Agreed, most people have a favourite class of weapon as a primary so I don't see a real need. Also, how do you then treat ammo? Is "white" ammo covering both slots, are you using ammo from the same pool or do they each have their own?

 

Then when you move on to the "power" slot... are all fusions going to be bumped to the same class as Sleeper? Given the range of a shotgun, can you make it useful enough to warrant not picking a traditional heavy?

 

I like the current weapon balancing that they have today, especially with the new Exotic burn variations of the year 1/2 Raid guns. I felt that was a great balance to the gun system (talking from a PVE perspective at least).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spacer    988
4 hours ago, Skiver said:

Agreed, most people have a favourite class of weapon as a primary so I don't see a real need. Also, how do you then treat ammo? Is "white" ammo covering both slots, are you using ammo from the same pool or do they each have their own?

 

Then when you move on to the "power" slot... are all fusions going to be bumped to the same class as Sleeper? Given the range of a shotgun, can you make it useful enough to warrant not picking a traditional heavy?

 

I like the current weapon balancing that they have today, especially with the new Exotic burn variations of the year 1/2 Raid guns. I felt that was a great balance to the gun system (talking from a PVE perspective at least).

I did read somewhere that shotguns, sniper rifles, and fusion rifles are receiving significant buffs in damage in order to make them aligned with other weapons in the "heavy" category. And heavy ammo will no longer be shared among people near the chest when it's opened. Only the person opening the chest gets the ammo. But it remains to be seen what other modifications (if any) they'll do.

 

I don't know how they could make shotguns or snipers appealing compared to a rocket launcher. The launcher has better range, AOE, and should do way more damage. Why would anyone pick a shotgun over that? (having more ammo isn't a compelling reason) Just seems like a ham-fisted solution to a problem that barely exists.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,440
9 minutes ago, spacer said:

I did read somewhere that shotguns, sniper rifles, and fusion rifles are receiving significant buffs in damage in order to make them aligned with other weapons in the "heavy" category. And heavy ammo will no longer be shared among people near the chest when it's opened. Only the person opening the chest gets the ammo. But it remains to be seen what other modifications (if any) they'll do.

 

I don't know how they could make shotguns or snipers appealing compared to a rocket launcher. The launcher has better range, AOE, and should do way more damage. Why would anyone pick a shotgun over that? (having more ammo isn't a compelling reason) Just seems like a ham-fisted solution to a problem that barely exists.

I don't really want to add fuel to the fire, but this just seems worse, I know at this point it's conjecture, and it'll be addressed at some point, but in PvP, if you're a second too slow, you were SOL on heavy ammo, making ammo exclusive to the one opening the chest seems extreme..

(Also GHorn FTW) :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,947
14 hours ago, spacer said:

I did read somewhere that shotguns, sniper rifles, and fusion rifles are receiving significant buffs in damage in order to make them aligned with other weapons in the "heavy" category. And heavy ammo will no longer be shared among people near the chest when it's opened. Only the person opening the chest gets the ammo. But it remains to be seen what other modifications (if any) they'll do.

 

I don't know how they could make shotguns or snipers appealing compared to a rocket launcher. The launcher has better range, AOE, and should do way more damage. Why would anyone pick a shotgun over that? (having more ammo isn't a compelling reason) Just seems like a ham-fisted solution to a problem that barely exists.

 

 

There have been times in Raids where Snipers have been used over Heavies, maybe not so much at the moment but certainly, in Kings Fall I'd more often than not run something like Black spindle at Warpriest and Golgoroth. Nowadays it seems to be more about Sleeper so a "fusion" rifle is being used. But the design of Sleeper is so different to the standard Fusions that it doesn't feel like I'm using a fusion. Also, traditional Fusion rifles aren't too good at range so they'll need to address the spread of fire.

 

I don't think we'll see shotguns outside of PVP now, and even then it will still be limited.

 

14 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

I don't really want to add fuel to the fire, but this just seems worse, I know at this point it's conjecture, and it'll be addressed at some point, but in PvP, if you're a second too slow, you were SOL on heavy ammo, making ammo exclusive to the one opening the chest seems extreme..

(Also GHorn FTW) :p

I hated the new special change too, for me it meant that the few times I used special weapons in PVP turned to non-existent. Everyone who did run a special seemed to have Icebreaker or the sidearm (name escapes me) that would regen it's own ammo so it really unbalanced special play IMO.

 

Y1 Ghorn FTW... The current one is so nerfed, I still use it because it's easy to just pop out and fire a tracking rocket but a few weeks ago I opted to run Hunger of Crota to down Crota in the Raid and then Ice Breaker because of it's 6 mag and regen ammo for Oversoul, that was until I infused my Hunger by accident :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WildWayz    103

Just remember guys - farm those strange coins for the 1st week of Destiny 2 release... in case the D2 equivalent of Gally is for sale lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,440
52 minutes ago, WildWayz said:

Just remember guys - farm those strange coins for the 1st week of Destiny 2 release... in case the D2 equivalent of Gally is for sale lol

God I remember that, lol everyone looked at it, couldn't pronounce it, stats looked crappy, and only the few who bought and upgraded it, benefitted from it's overpoweredness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,947
On 2017-5-24 at 9:30 AM, WildWayz said:

Just remember guys - farm those strange coins for the 1st week of Destiny 2 release... in case the D2 equivalent of Gally is for sale lol

Pfft, who's gonna waste an exotic slot on a ROCKET LAUNCHER!

 

I'm gutted, comes out Fri 8th which is the same day I go on a stag do so best chance scenario I'll play Sunday evening but chances are I'll be too broken. Seriously starting to consider booking the following Monday off so I can get some time in and probably recover.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.