• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Recommended Posts

+Mirumir    5,633

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
winrez    120

One big plus I like you will be able to purchase it using WoWTokens so essentially you can farm gold or deal on the AH in World of Warcraft and purchase Destiny 2 with virtual currency on launch day. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LOC    968

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LostCat    1,208

I'll most likely have the game on X1X and PC...I think.  I've already got a PS4 Pro so that would be my best version when the console versions are available but none of my friends are on there so meh.

 

You'd think they want people to buy more than one copy heh :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WildWayz    103
4 hours ago, dwLostCat said:

I'll most likely have the game on X1X and PC...I think.  I've already got a PS4 Pro so that would be my best version when the console versions are available but none of my friends are on there so meh.

 

You'd think they want people to buy more than one copy heh :p

Haha

 

I'm getting the PS4 version (for my Pro) and urrghh PC one. But will be getting an XB1X when pre-order is up. Damn them lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LostCat    1,208
46 minutes ago, WildWayz said:

Haha

 

I'm getting the PS4 version (for my Pro) and urrghh PC one. But will be getting an XB1X when pre-order is up. Damn them lol

Yeah I mean I doubt any of it's really intentional but it just annoys me that I want all three versions :p  this platform switching thing instead of just sticking with one is not helping me (but hey, at least it's just for Destiny.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spacer    988

Welp, Bungie mentioned in an interview that their Guided Games feature of Destiny 2 won't work for heroic nightfalls or heroic raids. So I guess no Destiny 2 for me. What a bunch of morons. This decision is just has stupid as having no matchmaking at all in Destiny 1.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,935
1 minute ago, spacer said:

Welp, Bungie mentioned in an interview that their Guided Games feature of Destiny 2 won't work for heroic nightfalls or heroic raids. So I guess no Destiny 2 for me. What a bunch of morons. This decision is just has stupid as having no matchmaking at all in Destiny 1.

Whilst I agree I was disappointed to hear it, I've found LFG works pretty well. I certainly wouldn't refuse to buy a game when there are decent solutions out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
patseguin    1,264

I know nothing really about Destiny. When they say raids, are they raids like in WoW where a guild or group form 20-25 people and collaborates on boss fights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,437
16 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Whilst I agree I was disappointed to hear it, I've found LFG works pretty well. I certainly wouldn't refuse to buy a game when there are decent solutions out there.

Part of the problem is, some features should be built into the game's engine, or at least able to plug into it. Lfg is OK, but it is basically a glorified chat applet that happens to be a good meeting place for grabbing a few randoms to play content.

Other games  can do it in their stride, so in this day and age, it shouldn't be too hard to implement such features into games like this as well.

 

 

Edit ransoms* randoms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,935
Just now, The Evil Overlord said:

Part of the problem is, some features should be built into the game's engine, or at least able to plug into it. Lfg is OK, but it is basically a glorified chat applet that happens to be a good meeting place for grabbing a few ransoms to play content.

Other games  can do it in their stride, so in this day and age, it shouldn't be too hard to implement such features into games like this as well.

I agree, I don't agree with their reasons for it. If a Heroic Raid is too difficult to complete without a communicating raid team then let that be the raid teams problem.

 

Through the Xbox LFG App I've never got into a Raid team that don't communicate, I'm a fairly quiet person anyway but I callout when needed etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,437
9 minutes ago, patseguin said:

I know nothing really about Destiny. When they say raids, are they raids like in WoW where a guild or group form 20-25 people and collaborates on boss fights?

Yes and no, destiny raids are usually a 6 player teams, (some can be 3 or 4 manned) 

No healer classes, and too many players down, usually means a wipe.

The healing aspect is more likened to any modern fps game, given enough time, players will auto heal (unless playing the heroic crota raid, where healing is turned off)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,935
6 minutes ago, patseguin said:

I know nothing really about Destiny. When they say raids, are they raids like in WoW where a guild or group form 20-25 people and collaborates on boss fights?

I've never played WoW so I honestly can't compare, I doubt they are as in depth as anything in wow but it's a 6 person group to collaborate on boss fights so probably similar but on a smaller scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,437
1 minute ago, Skiver said:

I agree, I don't agree with their reasons for it. If a Heroic Raid is too difficult to complete without a communicating raid team then let that be the raid teams problem.

 

Through the Xbox LFG App I've never got into a Raid team that don't communicate, I'm a fairly quiet person anyway but I callout when needed etc.

It works the same way on the ps4, then. But then you do sometimes get gamers who have had no raid experience, which is perfectly fine in my gaming circles, (but too many will say they have exp, when they don't have any, and this is their first time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,437
3 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I've never played WoW so I honestly can't compare, I doubt they are as in depth as anything in wow but it's a 6 person group to collaborate on boss fights so probably similar but on a smaller scale.

Not even close, but that's comparing PC gaming, connecting to a centralised server, vs consoles whereas one console 'acts' as the server.

(If you remember the 'cheese mode' for the original crota encounter, host console would disconnect, and crota will remain kneeled and unshielded)

Amongst others.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,935
3 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

It works the same way on the ps4, then. But then you do sometimes get gamers who have had no raid experience, which is perfectly fine in my gaming circles, (but too many will say they have exp, when they don't have any, and this is their first time)

Oh yeah, been there a few times.

 

I normally have quite a bit patience for people who've never done it but a few weeks ago I was trying to LFG my way through Kings Fall, I was into my third different group in 2 days because people just kept leaving and I ended up in a group with these American Kids.

 

The very first words they said to me when I joined the Party was "Yo, Do you know how to do Oryx because we don't", oh yeah, hi to you too, I'm good thanks! We were at a Golgoroth check point and they had a different way of doing things then I had done before but that's cool I'll try and follow as best I can. After two attempts it clearly wasn't working, each DPS phase we were not even getting an 8th of his health down and you generally only get about 4 or 5 rounds before he enrages. 

 

So I describe my normal way of doing it, they agree to try and immediately do the exact same strategy! Other then that they were trying to deal with Ad's as far forward as the bridge, if they weren't dying to ad's they were dying to Golgorths ogre blast. then there was one who tried to punch golgy to get his gaze because he'd ran out of primary Ammo. I'm sure there was other stuff but after 30 minutes of not doing a single good round of DPS I apologised and said I have not got time for this and left.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,437
3 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Oh yeah, been there a few times.

 

I normally have quite a bit patience for people who've never done it but a few weeks ago I was trying to LFG my way through Kings Fall, I was into my third different group in 2 days because people just kept leaving and I ended up in a group with these American Kids.

 

The very first words they said to me when I joined the Party was "Yo, Do you know how to do Oryx because we don't", oh yeah, hi to you too, I'm good thanks! We were at a Golgoroth check point and they had a different way of doing things then I had done before but that's cool I'll try and follow as best I can. After two attempts it clearly wasn't working, each DPS phase we were not even getting an 8th of his health down and you generally only get about 4 or 5 rounds before he enrages. 

 

So I describe my normal way of doing it, they agree to try and immediately do the exact same strategy! Other then that they were trying to deal with Ad's as far forward as the bridge, if they weren't dying to ad's they were dying to Golgorths ogre blast. then there was one who tried to punch golgy to get his gaze because he'd ran out of primary Ammo. I'm sure there was other stuff but after 30 minutes of not doing a single good round of DPS I apologised and said I have not got time for this and left.

Lol, been there, know the pain.

I won't apologise if it's my setup, I just say, this is how I want it done, or you can leave, (usually after the 3rd silly wipe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,935
1 minute ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Lol, been there, know the pain.

I won't apologise if it's my setup, I just say, this is how I want it done, or you can leave, (usually after the 3rd silly wipe)

I can be patient enough to wipe quite a few times if I can see the potential is there to do it, most groups do it's just a combination of not having many raids under their belt or just not knowing the mechanics too well. I'm by no means a great player, I can hold my own through most elements of the Raid, I can handle Relic's at Atheon, first over, last over at bridges no problem and I can just about sword bear at Crota. KF I'm good at just about everything bar getting the Relic at Oryx (Just never tried) and WotM I've barely done but I don't think there's anything really to stand out as a solo job on that one.

I've just double checked I've got 77 Raid completions so I'd count myself as someone with a decent amount of knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,437
23 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I can be patient enough to wipe quite a few times if I can see the potential is there to do it, most groups do it's just a combination of not having many raids under their belt or just not knowing the mechanics too well. I'm by no means a great player, I can hold my own through most elements of the Raid, I can handle Relic's at Atheon, first over, last over at bridges no problem and I can just about sword bear at Crota. KF I'm good at just about everything bar getting the Relic at Oryx (Just never tried) and WotM I've barely done but I don't think there's anything really to stand out as a solo job on that one.

I've just double checked I've got 77 Raid completions so I'd count myself as someone with a decent amount of knowledge.

226, our best, all raids in one night, about 6 hours (I think)

But you're one up on me, I don't carry the sword, as although I have all 3 characters, I only raid with my Titan, and hunters seem to be better at the crota encounter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,935
26 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

226, our best, all raids in one night, about 6 hours (I think)

But you're one up on me, I don't carry the sword, as although I have all 3 characters, I only raid with my Titan, and hunters seem to be better at the crota encounter.

I've not done the sword much, It makes me sweat each time but I was one of the three that helped my group do the challenge mode. This was with me as a Titan too so no excuses, it's all about timing. Basically shout to take him down and jump at the same time, as long as your group is quick on the mark you're hitting you're doing your first hit with the sword, we've always played safe and done three hits....hide and then another three hits. So as long as you don't get greedy and your up quick you're easily out of the way before Crota is back on his feet.

 

My main is a Titan but I do have one of each too. I've never done all raids in one night, I think best we've done is probably 2 or 3 raids in a night but that's about 4 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,437
26 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I've not done the sword much, It makes me sweat each time but I was one of the three that helped my group do the challenge mode. This was with me as a Titan too so no excuses, it's all about timing. Basically shout to take him down and jump at the same time, as long as your group is quick on the mark you're hitting you're doing your first hit with the sword, we've always played safe and done three hits....hide and then another three hits. So as long as you don't get greedy and your up quick you're easily out of the way before Crota is back on his feet.

 

My main is a Titan but I do have one of each too. I've never done all raids in one night, I think best we've done is probably 2 or 3 raids in a night but that's about 4 hours.

3 hits? Wuss :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skiver    1,935
1 minute ago, The Evil Overlord said:

3 hits? Wuss :p

Hey, I've done it!

 

I'd like to try the 6 hit combo but to be honest we've always just gone for safety... three rounds, 6 hits each and he's done. Rather than trying to do it in two, messing up and enraging. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,437
6 minutes ago, Skiver said:

Hey, I've done it!

 

I'd like to try the 6 hit combo but to be honest we've always just gone for safety... three rounds, 6 hits each and he's done. Rather than trying to do it in two, messing up and enraging. 

Oh yeah???

Well....

 

 

My e-peen is bigger than yours :p

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WildWayz    103
12 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Oh yeah???

Well....

 

 

My e-peen is bigger than yours :p

Lol guys

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Evil Overlord    18,437
15 minutes ago, WildWayz said:

Lol guys

I do stupid things when I get bored, hell you should hear the language when on the 7th wipe, I'm so bored, I'll wait for things to start coming together, then Leroy Jenkins the instance... Then I'll just say, crap like 'well you f*ers have all wiped us for stupid reasons, I wanted a turn'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.