American Airlines Investigates Video Showing SFO Altercation Between Flight Attendant, Passengers

Just now, Rippleman said:

I am not speaking about the reaction, i am speaking of the situation. The male stewardess that raised his voice and was willing to get physical is just as ridicules as the girl and the white night at that point. Stupidity snowballs as more people get involved.

No ... you're just quick in saying that the victim and the "white knight" should have been kicked off (without knowing the full details) and refuse to acknowledge the wrongs of the flight attendant.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Raze said:

TSJW Club??  You're the one going on about kicking her and your white knight off the plane, pot meet kettle.

One of us doesn't seem to know what a SJW is (or have differentiating opinions on how it's defined). One of SJW's traits (as I know it) is someone who assumes businesses, by default, are the guilty party no matter the circumstance. While everyone has their own experiences in life, in my life, I have seen it is virtually ALMOST ALWAYS the other way around in reality. Yes, corporations suck, but individual people suck worse.  This is why I reject most personal claims of injustice by individuals at first since very rarely is the injustice true as they say it. 

4 minutes ago, Jim K said:

No ... you're just quick in saying that the victim and the "white knight" should have been kicked off (without knowing the full details) and refuse to acknowledge the wrongs of the flight attendant.

Based on the evidence in the video provided with what information is at hand, my position still is the same. If they have video evidence of this "assault" (or what ever you want to label it) then my position will change to yours. Until then, no.

One of us doesn't seem to know what a SJW is (or have differentiating opinions on how it's defined). One of SJW's traits (as I know it) is someone who assumes businesses, by default, are the guilty party no matter the circumstance. While everyone has their own experiences in life, in my life, I have seen it is virtually ALMOST ALWAYS the other way around in reality. Yes, corporations suck, but individual people suck worse.  This is why I reject most personal claims of injustice by individuals at first since very rarely is the injustice true as they say it. 

Oh you fit one of the SJW definitions to a tee.  Trying to shame someone and saying they are in the wrong when you don't even know the entire story.

Now, what kind of whine would you like with your cheese?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raze said:

Oh you fit one of the SJW definitions to a tee.  Trying to shame someone and saying they are in the wrong when you don't even know the entire story.

Now, what kind of whine would you like with your cheese?

You are simply incorrect.  I am saying get them off the plane. An SJW would say boycott and sue!

9 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

Based on the evidence in the video provided with what information is at hand, my position still is the same. If they have video evidence of this "assault" (or what ever you want to label it) then my position will change to yours. Until then, no.

Somehow I doubt that.  Even without a video of the incident ... it is pretty clear from the posted video that at least two passengers are visibly upset (not including the victim)... that the baby was almost injured and that he forcibly removed the stroller as their reasonings for being upset.  Still not sure how you aren't at least somewhat appalled by the flight attendants reaction ... you really think that is ok behavior?  

American, thankfully, does not.

• Like 2

You are simply incorrect.  I am saying get them off the plane. An SJW would say boycott and sue!

You forgot to tell me the kind of cheese you want...

Just now, Jim K said:

Somehow I doubt that.  Even with the video ... it is pretty clear in the video that at least two passengers are visibly upset (not including the victim)... that the baby was almost injured and that he forcibly removed the stroller as their reasonings for being upset.  Still not sure how you aren't at least somewhat appalled by the flight attendants reaction ... you really think that is ok behavior?  American, thankfully, does not.

Wait, you may have missed a previous post. Will let you go back and review. Also, two passengers are upset true, but what about? Did they see the event or just see a girl crying and assume "oh it must be true, shes crying." Again, the REACTION i don't agree with, I am only speaking of the situation.

1 minute ago, Raze said:

You forgot to tell me the kind of cheese you want...

You are not making any logic sense. I am the opposite of an SJW by virtually all standards of measure. Do you wish to continue chatting? If so, send me a message and we can chat. If not, this should be over.

Wait, you may have missed a previous post. Will let you go back and review. Also, two passengers are upset true, but what about? Did they see the event or just see a girl crying and assume "oh it must be true, shes crying." Again, the REACTION i don't agree with, I am only speaking of the situation.

One of them is describing what happened to the Captain/Pilot ... the other (the "white knight") says "if you ever did that to me" and "you almost injured the baby" ... thus one can conclude he witnessed the incident as well.  So yea ... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Rippleman said:

You are not making any logic sense. I am the opposite of an SJW by virtually all standards of measure. Do you wish to continue chatting? If so, send me a message and we can chat. If not, this should be over.

I'm making sense, you on the other hand have allowed your black and white view of the world to blind you, you have limited your ability understand.

So what kind off cheese?

6 minutes ago, Jim K said:

One of them is describing what happened to the Captain/Pilot ... the other (the "white knight") says "if you ever did that to me" and "you almost injured the baby" ... thus one can conclude he witnessed the incident as well.  So yea ... 

We will watch the news in the next few days. I speculate others "testimony" will conflict with what is being describe now. If not, then its bad on the stewardess who caused this, however, it could have STILL been handled the way that I said in the very beginning. They still all acted stupid. 

3 minutes ago, Raze said:

I'm making sense, you on the other hand have allowed your black and white view of the world to blind you, you have limited your ability understand.

So what kind off cheese?

I think you need a chat partner. While understanding can always be improved, as it is currently with what information i have, my position stands. While you are offering cheese, I like marble. 

2 minutes ago, Rippleman said:

We will watch the news in the next few days. I speculate others "testimony" will conflict with what is being describe now. If not, then its bad on the stewardess who caused this, however, it could have STILL been handled the way that I said in the very beginning. They still all acted stupid. 

I think you need a chat partner. While understanding can always be improved, as it, my position stands. While you are offering cheese, I like marble. 

You seem to think you know what I need, you're quite wrong.  Somewhat of a SJW-ish attitude.  :D

Marble?  Good choice.  It's very popular with SJWs.

Just now, Raze said:

You seem to think you know what I need, you're quite wrong.  Somewhat of a SJW-ish attitude.  :D

Marble?  Good choice.  It's very popular with SJWs.

Then they seem to have good taste in cheese.

1 hour ago, Jim K said:

Somehow I doubt that.  Even without a video of the incident ... it is pretty clear from the posted video that at least two passengers are visibly upset (not including the victim)... that the baby was almost injured and that he forcibly removed the stroller as their reasonings for being upset.  Still not sure how you aren't at least somewhat appalled by the flight attendants reaction ... you really think that is ok behavior?  

American, thankfully, does not.

The interviews with the videographer and White Knight on ABC make it pretty clear their actions were based on chivalry, which at the least is honed to a sharp edge in men raised that way - especially in the Midwest and South.  It's cultural; don't be mean to women, or else. WK is from the South, so yeah. 

Reuters also has a bit from the videographer,

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/BigStory12/idUSKBN17O04Y

Facebook user Surain Adyanthaya, who posted the video, wrote that the flight attendant had forcefully taken the stroller, hitting the woman with it and just missing her child. That sequence of events did not appear on the clip.

KTLA from a female passenger

http://ktla.com/2017/04/21/video-shows-flight-attendant-telling-passenger-hit-me-following-stroller-incident-american-airlines-investigating/

"The flight attendant wrestled the stroller away from the woman, who was sobbing, holding one baby with the second baby in a car seat on the ground next to her,” she said.

[Olivia] Morgan said the flight attendant was “violent” when taking the metal stroller from the woman and nearly hit the baby with the stroller.

“He stormed by me with the stroller and I said something like, ‘What are you doing? You almost hit that baby!’ And he yelled at me to ‘stay out of it!’ just like he does in the video,” she said.

Oh yeah, that'd light fuses all over these parts too.  Good luck Charlie Attendant, you're on your own. 

At least AA had the sense to do a partial dogeza - genuflect quickly & often, while stating your deep contrition. Then write checks and publicly whack the moron who made you do it. Saves a lot of bad press. 

Edited by DocM

So, if the stroller wasn't allowed in the cabin, why was she even allowed to board the plane with it in the first place? She should have been stopped at the gate.  As she wasn't stopped, clearly either she WAS allowed to board with the stroller, OR she was told she could take it to the aircraft to get her kids on board, but would then have to surrender it.

If the latter, then the women really did over-react.  That does not, however, excuse the attendants behaviour. There are ways and means of doing things and this person needs some serious retraining on customer care.

Clearly she was allowed through the gate with the stroller, whether it was officially allowed or not. The gatekeepers weren't. That one is 75% on AA.

The male attendant had two choices in removing the stroller; do it nicely or snatch it. The reaction of the male and female passengers indicate the latter. Bad move, 100% AA.

You can snatch something firmly - such as in just pull it twords you but under control, or you can do an aggressive grab where it may well swing - a very bad choice in a close space. Witnesses say it was again the latter.  Worse, 3 witnesses say this poorly controlled move hit the woman and nearly hit a child in her arms.  This one really jumps the shark and takes things into abusive behavior. 100% AA.

The woman's reaction depends on her makeup, some people can take more than others, fear for her children, and culture.  Not going to judge.

White Knight? I can totally understand his reaction. Many men were raised not to allow that kind of abuse of a woman in their presence. I'm one of them and can totally relate.

Finally, that attendant was being a total neon-sign over his head abusive jerk. If I were AA he'd have been long gone by now.

10 hours ago, Rippleman said:

Should have kicked the woman off the plane for causing a disturbance and that white knight too for just being a dumb***

9 hours ago, Rippleman said:

Welcome to the SJW club. Whine and cheese are at the back of the room.

...just another classic case of conservatives blaming the victim

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

...just another classic case of conservatives blaming the victim

Poor generality.

This has less to do with mainstream politics and more to do with expecting robotic conformity, which the extremes of both political sides are guilty of.

Edited by DocM