Stuck between Sony A7s ii OR Dji Osmo Pro/X5

Hi guys, I'm launching a fitness brand and I'm doing a lot of short videos, like promo style ones of 30 seconds for myself as well as my friends who are all in the fitness scene. So basically I have 2 jobs now, Personal Training and also doing the videography/video edits/photo's that alot of people more and more ask me for their social media usage.

-

I've contacted alot of the guys I look upto who are professional level full time video and photo guys and out of the 10 I asked, 8 said they use the Sony A7s or A7r ii range - That is £2500 just for the body. More as soon as you start towing in stablizers and lenses etc

I did my own research also on Youtube and few people I know and I am very tempted to go with a cheaper option which is the DJI OSMO PRO / X5 version. Which is £1600. That comes as a stablizer unit, lens etc

-

Does anybody have any advice what to do?

I will be doing photoshoots. I will be doing video shoots, I do all the post production editing myself in Premiere and After Effects. Would love some feedback. If I can save some money and go with the DJI OSMO PRO as a professonal working kit I would love to, rather then spending £1000 just for the body of the Sony A7s ii

Please let me know

On 2017-5-22 at 6:35 AM, thelordofdarkness said:

Hi guys, I'm launching a fitness brand and I'm doing a lot of short videos, like promo style ones of 30 seconds for myself as well as my friends who are all in the fitness scene. So basically I have 2 jobs now, Personal Training and also doing the videography/video edits/photo's that alot of people more and more ask me for their social media usage.

-

I've contacted alot of the guys I look upto who are professional level full time video and photo guys and out of the 10 I asked, 8 said they use the Sony A7s or A7r ii range - That is £2500 just for the body. More as soon as you start towing in stablizers and lenses etc

I did my own research also on Youtube and few people I know and I am very tempted to go with a cheaper option which is the DJI OSMO PRO / X5 version. Which is £1600. That comes as a stablizer unit, lens etc

-

Does anybody have any advice what to do?

I will be doing photoshoots. I will be doing video shoots, I do all the post production editing myself in Premiere and After Effects. Would love some feedback. If I can save some money and go with the DJI OSMO PRO as a professonal working kit I would love to, rather then spending £1000 just for the body of the Sony A7s ii

Please let me know

I'm unfamiliar with the Osmo pro, however,  what you need to do is comparisons of photos and videos of them both. For photos I highly doubth the osm being a micro 4/3 sensor, will have better image quality than the sony (Which is a full frame sensor).