New Google App update has lost ability to take screenshots?

On my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, I used to long-press the Home button to bring up Google Now and use one of the icons on the bottom to temporarily take a screenshot and instantly share it with a contact of my choice.

This allowed me to skip having to delete the screenshot file, which is what I would have to do with the Home + Power shortcut.

However, recently (perhaps as of v7.2.26.21 a few days ago), the icons along the bottom are missing.

Have Google being removing features "that no one used", again? :(

I have a higher version (7.3.18.21.arm64), and I have the button to share screenshots on my Nexus 6P on 7.1.2. I'm enrolled in the beta for the Google app, hence the higher version. To trigger the screenshot sharing, you long press the home button, then hit the What's on my screen? button then hit the Share screenshot button. They've never removed this feature, so check again? 

3 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

I have a higher version (7.3.18.21.arm64), and I have the button to share screenshots on my Nexus 6P on 7.1.2. I'm enrolled in the beta for the Google app, hence the higher version. To trigger the screenshot sharing, you long press the home button, then hit the What's on my screen? button then hit the Share screenshot button. They've never removed this feature, so check again? 

Where is, "What's on my screen?"?

Screenshot_20170529-194142.thumb.png.0a6cf5f7340a96aac92a099e53e51469.png

• Like 1

Weird...what happens when you tap the menu (three dots)? Or alternatively just say, "take a screenshot" and it allows you to share

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tsupersonic said:

Weird...what happens when you tap the menu (three dots)? Or alternatively just say, "take a screenshot" and it allows you to share

Screenshot_20170529-200548.thumb.png.bf35bc4bd899c5bb6f249babe9289745.png

I don't want to have to speak to my phone in order to take a screenshot; I won't always be in a position to be able to do that.

And typing 'take a screenshot' is slow, too.

Why do they mess? :/

52 minutes ago, Elliot B. said:

I don't want to have to speak to my phone in order to take a screenshot; I won't always be in a position to be able to do that.

I don't know, it's been there for me since it's been Assistant. Maybe enroll in the beta program and see if it's there. 

1 hour ago, Elliot B. said:

Screenshot_20170529-200548.thumb.png.bf35bc4bd899c5bb6f249babe9289745.png

You have to be in an app (have something on your screen other than your home screen or app drawer) and you should see the option to take and share a screenshot.

Just now, riot said:

You have to be in an app (have something on your screen other than your home screen or app drawer) and you should see the option to take and share a screenshot.

Until the version released a few days ago, I was able to take a screenshot from anywhere :(

Just now, Elliot B. said:

Until the version released a few days ago, I was able to take a screenshot from anywhere :(

That is true.  Unfortunately they changed the way it works in Google Assistant.  

1 minute ago, riot said:

That is true.  Unfortunately they changed the way it works in Google Assistant.  

So they removed a feature (the ability to take temporarily screenshots from anywhere). Lovely.

Cheers for your help, riot :)