[Suggestion] A newspost's title should be updated if an 'Update' reverses it's meaning

So I didn't know if I should post about this, but I thought that was a little wierd and misleading.

I cite this as an example: https://www.neowin.net/news/hps-cortana-powered-speaker-will-need-to-be-tethered-to-a-pc

In this case, it was found later that it does not after all need to be tethered to a PC, and yet someone who skims through the website (Or searches through google) will think that it does in fact still need to be tethered. 

Not everyone reads the post's whole content. It might help if the title is updated or at least appended with the correction.

And it's not really just from a reader standpoint, but if a vendor (i.e. Microsoft) corrects one of your articles and that, while you post the update there, the erronerous (sp?) content is still there, they might just end up not bothering (Those are my thoughts imo)

Just a thought to make this site even better! :)

• Like 2

It would be even better if the [Update] actually contains more info on the Update. 

e.g: HP's Cortana-powered speaker will need to be tethered to a PC [Update: PC not needed]
e.g: Microsoft ends all forms of Mobile development [Update: MS Clarifies]
e.g: Xbox Scorpio looks leaked [Update: More pics added]

13 minutes ago, Tuskd said:

It would be even better if the [Update] actually contains more info on the Update. 

e.g: HP's Cortana-powered speaker will need to be tethered to a PC [Update: PC not needed]
e.g: Microsoft ends all forms of Mobile development [Update: MS Clarifies]
e.g: Xbox Scorpio looks leaked [Update: More pics added]

I agree, but I think it would depend.

If the update completely overturns the original title's meaning, then the title should be changed.

If the update clarifies, then yes, it should be appended to the title.

If it drastically alters the topic title, then I agree - and you do see this happening in other news sites.

Often they'll change the title completely, but put at the bottom : "Was <original article name>"

Not sure if that's what you're thinking, but deffo worth looking into.

2 minutes ago, Raa said:

If it drastically alters the topic title, then I agree - and you do see this happening in other news sites.

Often they'll change the title completely, but put at the bottom : "Was <original article name>"

Not sure if that's what you're thinking, but deffo worth looking into.

Yeah that's what I had in mind