Getting ready to upgrade

I have the Nexus 6, I love the large phones (works best for me). I am sticking with Android for personal and work reasons. I am getting ready to upgrade, any suggestions? Why? Experiences?

Thanks!

No personal experience ... but gets good reviews.... Samsung S8+ (about the same size) or Pixel XL (little smaller...but you continue the "pure Google experience")?

3 hours ago, Jim K said:

No personal experience ... but gets good reviews.... Samsung S8+ (about the same size) or Pixel XL (little smaller...but you continue the "pure Google experience")?

I have enjoyed and utilized the Nexus 6 (Google experience) a lot. Google is like a tick but for me, in a good way. It's symbiotic instead of parasitic. . I can say, it has made my life and work life easier. My wife on the other hand, has both products Android/Apple and I have been able to play with the Apple ecosystem as well.Thanks for your thoughts!

I'm keeping my eye on the Oneplus 5 - the specs are said to match that of the S8 (although not confirmed) and OP handsets have traditionally run a pretty close to pure Google experience. I don't know if it's too small for your needs though.

The only thing making me think twice is the price isn't confirmed yet - and rumours are it's going to be a fair bit more than previously. It it's in S8 territory for me it's too high. 

Because I'm quite price driven (but looking for high-end and spec) I'm also considering a Xiaomi Mi6 hopefully running a custom rom - although I'm not sure if it'll work on the US bands as well as it does with EU ones.  

S8+ if you need it now, or wait for the rumored Note 8. I'm looking to upgrade my Nexus 6P to the Note 8.

If you're prepared to wait a little longer...

Entry level? I'll throw in a vote for the Oukitel K10000 pro, launching later this month, on flash sale now...

Flagship? I quite like the Nokia 9 but I have no idea when it'll launch.

Thanks for the replies. I will probably wait till September when my contract is up.I just wanted a second opinion or three. :)