Steal on hard drives!

if anything i have the email addresses of top dogs w/ theregister and inquirer.

if this doesnt get resolved and my orders are totally cancelled, im going to call in too and complain

i work for dishnetwork so i know about customer service and responcibility!!

wait til i tell them im from VA and they pulled a "bait and switch" on me!! its illegal!!

sirEvan,

those werent reciepts... they are confirmation emails, it just means "hey, we got your order and we are processing it"

its like going to the grocery store and having the checkout person scan your items no transactions have occured.

a true reciept in this case would include an itemized bill, total amount, and payment confirmation.

I already talk with Mike Magee (The Inq) about it. He was appreciative that we found out about it.

Isn't that what a confirmation e-mail should be about? You submit the order on the website, they review it and if everything is OK, then they confirm it. It seems that they just cut out the step and automate everything and deal with problems that arise after.

From what I understand, there's no legal resource, but somewhere it should be defined what a "CONFIRMATION" is.

both of my orders (4 drives total) got canceled (according to the page in my account), but i didn't receive any email notification. they still have my bank account on hold.

what are people doing? emailing and complaining? calling? emailing news sources/bureaus?

im ****ed now.. they canceled the orders, yet there is no one in the offices to answer phones.. I'm going to call tomorrow morning ,and complain BIG TIME.. you guys are free to do it as well.. I also think a BBB post is in order as well.

I got two this morning when I first saw it...dunno if it was cancelled yet, but the CC was billed and the confirmation email came through...I could really use a 160gb HD...

nearly all of us got confirmation emails and had our holds on our accounts, but the company still canceled. i just filled out the customer service form.

i'm anxious to see what kind of responses people will get.

nearly all of us got confirmation emails and had our holds on our accounts, but the company still canceled. i just filled out the customer service form.

i'm anxious to see what kind of responses people will get.

yea same here :o :whistle:

I find it funny that you guys were knowingly trying to steal (yes, steal) those harddrives for that low price, knowing that it was a goofup, etc. And then, you get ****ed because uBid cancels your orders. Some say it was bait and switch. Lets look at the definition of bait and switch:

bait and switch - a deceptive way of selling that involves advertising a product at a very low price in order to attract customers who are then persuaded to switch to a more expensive product

By that definition, it was not bait and switch. They did not try to get you to buy a more expensive product. You know before hand that the price was wrong.

Also, if you bothered to look at the bottom of uBids webpages you would see the following line:

uBid is not responsible for any typographical or photographic errors which may appear on our website.

Basically I don't think you have a leg to stand on if you are going to try to threaten uBid with lawsuits etc.

Just my 2 cents worth ...

I find it funny that you guys were knowingly trying to steal (yes, steal) those harddrives for that low price, knowing that it was a goofup, etc. And then, you get ****ed because uBid cancels your orders. Some say it was bait and switch. Lets look at the definition of bait and switch:

bait and switch - a deceptive way of selling that involves advertising a product at a very low price in order to attract customers who are then persuaded to switch to a more expensive product

By that definition, it was not bait and switch. They did not try to get you to buy a more expensive product. You know before hand that the price was wrong.

Also, if you bothered to look at the bottom of uBids webpages you would see the following line:

uBid is not responsible for any typographical or photographic errors which may appear on our website.

Basically I don't think you have a leg to stand on if you are going to try to threaten uBid with lawsuits etc.

Just my 2 cents worth ...

Couldn't have put this better myself. Excellent post.

...look, if ya'll want these insanely low prices for this stuff, just wait about 6 or 7 years. :ermm:

If 160Gb harddrives don't go for $30 bucks by then, you should probably just get something else. :|

I agree with DarkPhantasmo here. All of you knew this was a mistake, but tried to capitalize on it. Now that they figured it out you are mad? Going to the BBB and giving them bad ratings is pretty childish. It isn't like you life was affected at all by this. You never had the drives in the first place, it's not as if they were taking them away from you. They are simply correcting a mistake that they made. Why do you think every online retailer has the disclaimer that they are not responsible for typos? For this very reason. You won't be getting your drives, so get over and find something better to do.