Trove of suspected Nazi artifacts found in Argentina

In a dramatic discovery, police in Argentina believe they have found the largest collection of Nazi artifacts in the country's history.

The trove, which was found in a hidden room in a house near Buenos Aires,  includes a bust relief of Adolf Hitler, magnifying glasses inside elegant boxes with swastikas and even a macabre medical device used to measure head size.

The Washington Post reports that the items were put on display at the Delegation of Argentine Israeli Associations in Buenos Aires on Monday.

The discovery of the 75 objects in a collector's home in Beccar, a suburb north of Buenos Aires has grabbed international attention. Authorities suspect the artifacts are originals that belonged to high-ranking Nazis in Germany during World War II.

"Our first investigations indicate that these are original pieces," Argentine Security Minister Patricia Bullrich told The Associated Press on Monday, saying that many pieces were accompanied by old photographs. "This is a way to commercialize them, showing that they were used by the horror, by the Fuhrer. There are photos of him with the objects."

More....

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/06/20/trove-suspected-nazi-artifacts-found-in-argentina.html

Argentina, Brazil, other SA locales and the middle East. The ODESSA network (Organization of Former SS Members) smuggled them. 

The (totally excellent & recommended) sci-fi film 'The Boys from Brazil' was based on one of ODESSA's more famous expatriates; Dr. Josef Mengele.  

woo, would love to get my hand on that knife there at (1:22).

Quick question, what are the rules are owning these things? they can't just come in my house and take a hat worn my Hitler, can they?

4 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

woo, would love to get my hand on that knife there at (1:22).

Quick question, what are the rules are owning these things? they can't just come in my house and take a hat worn my Hitler, can they?

I'd imagine it depends on where you live (country).  For example, if you live in Germany you can not buy Nazi memorabilia.  I'm sure the same is for other European countries (no reference ... just my hunch).  If you're in the US ... I do not believe there is a law preventing buying/selling/owning. 

I guess i need to look up Argentina's laws on Nazi memorabilia. In america you can sell almost anything Nazi related depending on the site.

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:20 AM, FloatingFatMan said:

Not surprising really, a lot of Nazi war criminals fled to Argentina to hide.

coming up next on hunting hitler....:rofl: