On CNN: AC360 Attempted Callout of Veritas Taping of Van Jones Blows Up - In Cooper's Face

Apparently, as much as I find the jab from Rush Limbaugh hilarious, apparently, the man is spot on - so no less than Anderson Cooper found out - on his own show, no less!  He atempted to blow holes in the taping of Van Jones, videotaped convo caught by "Project: Veritas" (said taping aired last night on both "Tucker Carlson Tonight" AND on "Hannity").  Apparently, nobody read in Van Jones - because he doubled down ON those comments tonight - on "AC360" itself - in fact, her tore Cooper's entire premise apart - on his show.  Talk about getting roasted!  Okay, Anderson - how are you liking the taste of that grilled crow sandwich Van just fed you on your own show?

SOURCE: AC360 - http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/06/30/van-jones-okeefe-video-a-hoax-sot-ac.cnn/video/playlists/ac360-videos/

24 minutes ago, PGHammer said:

Apparently, as much as I find the jab from Rush Limbaugh hilarious, apparently, the man is spot on - so no less than Anderson Cooper found out - on his own show, no less!  He atempted to blow holes in the taping of Van Jones, videotaped convo caught by "Project: Veritas" (said taping aired last night on both "Tucker Carlson Tonight" AND on "Hannity").  Apparently, nobody read in Van Jones - because he doubled down ON those comments tonight - on "AC360" itself - in fact, her tore Cooper's entire premise apart - on his show.  Talk about getting roasted!  Okay, Anderson - how are you liking the taste of that grilled crow sandwich Van just fed you on your own show?

SOURCE: AC360 - http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/06/30/van-jones-okeefe-video-a-hoax-sot-ac.cnn/video/playlists/ac360-videos/

"Van Jones: O'Keefe video is a hoax" < that is the topic title. You know it's against the rules to make your own.

And nothing blew up in anyones face. Van Jones said he doesn't think anything will come from the russia investigation that will get rid of Trump, on CNN, days before the Project Veritas video came out. The PV video wasn't some "busted" video like you would love to believe.

Sorry. Not.

15 minutes ago, SpyCatcher said:

Watch Van Jones micro expressions, he is a compulsive liar.  

Says the guy who can't tell the truth if it slapped him in the face.

It's both a hoax and not at the same time. The message he's portraying is actually true, as Van Jones stated days before that he believes nothing will come of the Russian agenda. However, the idea that he's been "exposed" is the lie as... again... a few days before that he stated it publicly without any secretly recorded footage.

• Like 2

Just now, SpyCatcher said:

Secretly recorded footage only provides a unscripted look into who Van Jones really is. 

He's a known critic of the Russian agenda, he feels it's distracting from real issues and he's frustrated with the focus the Democrats have on it. This isn't a story at all, it's dressing up what's already known like it's some new revelation and trying to call it news.

That was EXACTLY what the "Veritas" video showed - nothing more OR less.  (Remember - I pointed out that I actually WATCHED the "Veritas" video last night - which aired twice.)

All Jones did was double-down on that comment.  No lying - no covering up.  He pointed out in the "Veritas" video - and earlier today, right in Cooper's face - and on Cooper's own show - that the coverage was worth largely squat - and especially when it blocks far more important stories - such as the re-introduction of "Kate's Law" at the national level.  In what way is Van Jones - an avowed liberal - wrong on that?  I thought you wanted consistency out of your commentators - which is why Jones is there.  In other words, DESPITE what CNN called it, the "Veritas" video was no hoax - that was proved by no less than Jones himself - live, and on CNN's own air.

I didn't even POST the link until after I saw Jones take apart Cooper's would-be commentary live - which knocked down the "Veritas" video-hoax claim.  It's Cooper's show - which means that Cooper didn't read Jones in on that claim - which immediately blew up in Cooper's face.  In short, I'm not blaming Van Jones - not one iota.  This isn't Rachel Maddow misreading a Teleprompter; this is, if anything, MUCH worse.  This is no less than Anderson Cooper promising something - but getting something completely different.  Cooper KNOWS better than that.  Had it been anyone else, I would have -- perhaps - had SOME pity on Anderson Cooper.  NOT when it comes to Van Jones, however.  If you try to put words in Van Jones' mouth, you had best  have incontrovertible data to back it up.  (They had it - which not even Jones could back away from - and he didn't even try.)  He may get his walking papers from CNN over it; however, I will VERY much give him his due for telling it straight.

11 minutes ago, SpyCatcher said:

Accurate assessment. 

SpyCatcher - I have said nothing less; yet how much grief have I gotten for saying it?  Jones isn't the first liberal to have said it - how many Democrats - and Democratic Senators that ARE in a position to know, such as Dianne Feinstein, for example - been saying the same thing?  Van Jones HATES Donald J. Trump with a purple passion - did he or did he NOT call Trump's victory a "whitelash" - and on CNN's air?  Now, tonight, and on that same air, he says that CNN and the Democrats are barking up the wrong tree on Russia collusion?  Wrong trees are wrong trees - calling them anything else doesn't make those same trees any less wrong.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Emn1ty said:

It's both a hoax and not at the same time. The message he's portraying is actually true, as Van Jones stated days before that he believes nothing will come of the Russian agenda. However, the idea that he's been "exposed" is the lie as... again... a few days before that he stated it publicly without any secretly recorded footage.

I didn't say that JONES was exposed - not one bit.  If any entity was exposed by AC360, it was CNN itself (and possibly even Cooper - who IS pretty darn senior at CNN; he's up there with other personalities that have their own shows - such as Wolf Blitzer).  Cooper should have known better than to try and force Van Jones into a trap - that HAD to be the reason he previewed the headlines that way.  Van Jones is as plain-speaking - like him or not - as Rush Limbaugh - or even Donald J. Trump - that is, in fact, part of his appeal - again, like him or not.  That was, in fact, likely why CNN hired Jones in the first place.

13 hours ago, PGHammer said:

Now, tonight, and on that same air, he says that CNN and the Democrats are barking up the wrong tree on Russia collusion?  Wrong trees are wrong trees - calling them anything else doesn't make those same trees any less wrong.

And yet the usual suspects, in the media and on Neowin, continue to wave that dead fish like a flag while also attacking his family.  And they wonder why Trump lashes out.

Hilarious.