This Grade II-listed windmill has been transformed into a five-bed family home

nintchdbpict000336044941.jpg?strip=all&w

@The Evil Overlord

Spread over five floors and offering 360-degree views of the Shropshire countryside, this unique property could be yours for £595,000

THIS Grade II-listed windmill has been transformed into an extraordinary family home that could be yours for £595,000.

Spread over FIVE floors it boasts five bedrooms, a roof parapet, and a separate oak frame annex.

The Grade II-listed windmill has been transformed into an extraordinary family home by its current owners

Located in Telford, Shrops, Hadley Park Windmill dates from the 18th century and still houses some of its original workings.

The ground floor comprises a lounge with a host of exposed beams and Juliette balcony that looks out onto the garden.

The galleried study provides access to the lower ground floor where the kitchen is.

In it there remain cogs from the original mill as well as access to a large patio.

The three upper floors both contain a bedroom and bathroom each, with the third floor also boasting a ladder up to the spectacular roof parapet that provides 360-degree views of the countryside.

Two further bedrooms are located in the entirely self-contained annex, alongside a kitchen and bathroom.

It has the potential to be used as a holiday let.

The gardens surround the property with a raised terrace providing a seating area.

A lawn area descends to a lower patio area providing an additional seating area with a timber built summer house.

Estate agents Nick Tart said: “Anything like this only comes up very occasionally.

Source

• Like 1

Bummer they got rid of the sail. :(  

...not that I could have afforded it either way.  Looks nice though.  Interior looks really nice (if not a bit cluttered).

Your "Source" link doesn't work ... I did find it at The Sun ... not sure if it is the same source you were trying to link to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim K said:

...not that I could have afforded it either way.  Looks nice though.  Interior looks really nice (if not a bit cluttered).

Your "Source" link doesn't work ... I did find it at The Sun ... not sure if it is the same source you were trying to link to.

Yeah that is the link, can you fix it? :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Done.  Took two tries ... weird.

You know to err is human, to really screw up it takes a computer! :rofl:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Yeah it looks neat, but the shape of the home makes for awkward and tight angles of things in the living space.

Likey, Telford's just under an hour away as well, so if I wanted to, I could go and take a physical look, but seeing as I don't have that kind of money.... :p

• Like 1

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Likey, Telford's just under an hour away as well, so if I wanted to, I could go and take a physical look, but seeing as I don't have that kind of money.... :p

Really? @The Evil Overlord doesn't have 600,000 quid laying around in a vault, or an over seas account somewhere? :rofl:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Nah, I'll just take the £600k :p

At least you're being honest!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mando said:

hell year, those are WAY BETTER!   The tower has terrible views, and to my taste, it feels depressing inside. Too small and interior design does zilch for me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

hell year, those are WAY BETTER!   The tower has terrible views, and to my taste, it feels depressing inside. Too small and interior design does zilch for me.

both my links are about 20 mins drive from me, the wormit one gets my votes :)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mando said:

both my links are about 20 mins drive from me, the wormit one gets my votes :)

Do you need a Gofundme account setup for you as well? :rofl:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

Do you need a Gofundme account setup for you as well? :rofl:

yes please, me no have £600,000 thats a fair amount of wedge :p

• Like 2

just for you overlord, playing sniper elite 4 and just fired a round into Hitlers soft squishy head.....

Spoiler

goolies.thumb.jpg.28537efedcfc7672856691ca6a0a6167.jpg

he suitably got a lee enfield round into those bad boys :p

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mando said:

just for you overlord, playing sniper elite 4 and just fired a round into Hitlers soft squishy head.....

Hide contents

goolies.thumb.jpg.28537efedcfc7672856691ca6a0a6167.jpg

he suitably got a lee enfield round into those bad boys :p

Overlord, not dictator :p

And I still called it first :p

• Like 2

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:56 AM, Mando said:

first one looks nice, but the other one is too close to the water, i'd be worried about storms / flooding.

9 minutes ago, Slarlac249 said:

first one looks nice, but the other one is too close to the water, i'd be worried about storms / flooding.

its the river Tay mate, no such risk that close to the estuary/North Sea (its a tidal river from Perth onwards to the North Sea). The width of the Tay at that point is 1.4 miles wide and approximately 3 miles from the north Sea.  :) its also protected somewhat by Hydro electric power stations near the sources of the Tay and the new flood protection systems upstream outside Perth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Tay

• Like 1