Wonder Woman 1984

5965580a9628c.gif

According to Screen Rant, the sequel's story will once again unfold in the past, as Diana does battle against Soviet forces in a Cold War setting. Apparently, the original production team will remain on board, with supposed confirmation that Geoff Johns is developing the script with Jenkins.

This part is easy enough to buy, but they also report that Chris Pine's Steve Trevor is set to return, which obviously doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

While the source is far from reputable (they still report on that nonsense from Reddit and 4Chan, for one), these details have been backed up by several other sites, so there might just be some truth to 'em.

Pinch of salt for the time being, and we'll be sure to update you guys if anything else comes to light.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/wonder_woman/wonder-woman-2-rumors-point-to-a-1980s-setting-and-the-possible-return-of-chris-pine-as-steve-trevor-a152331

20 minutes ago, Damo R. said:

This part is easy enough to buy, but they also report that Chris Pine's Steve Trevor is set to return, which obviously doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Nothing made sense in the first movie, so this will not be so surprising :D

11 hours ago, Yogurth said:

Nothing made sense in the first movie, so this will not be so surprising :D

I didn't find the movie difficult to follow, what didn't make sense?

Given the comparisons between WW and Cap America... Chris Pine maybe making a return as a bucky/Winter soldier style character? GThe good guy thought dead returned and turned evil where WW has to deal with the moral Delima of killing a person she cares for?

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

I never said it was difficult to follow, it was simply stupid. A well laid out article as to why is here ... http://www.valentinavee.com/rants/2017/6/4/wonder-woman-plot-holes . Some of the reasons anyway.

I read a few of the points but I honestly don't analyse movies like that, if you do, I honestly think you'd probably come to the same conclusion about most movies. 

16 minutes ago, Skiver said:

I read a few of the points but I honestly don't analyse movies like that, if you do, I honestly think you'd probably come to the same conclusion about most movies. 

Usually, I don't but even during those two hrs I was watching it I was dumbstruck how badly written, directed. acted the movie was. I actually laughed several times on stupidity. The cringe moments were even larger in numbers.

• Like 2

Looking for a water-tight, well written plot in a summer blockbuster based around a franchise that has failed to deliver a number of times...  More fool you, surely?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Yogurth said:

I never said it was difficult to follow, it was simply stupid. A well laid out article as to why is here ... http://www.valentinavee.com/rants/2017/6/4/wonder-woman-plot-holes . Some of the reasons anyway.

some are acceptable, some are meh... like:

3. The first person to ever come to Themyscira happens to land the very second Diana is at the top of a mountain, has a clear view of the ocean, and is looking in his direction.  ... was it relevant for him to waltz around the island before finding diana? after all the end point is meeting Diana... Obviously shortened to avoid a 3h movie

5. Steve flew into the German occupation on a German plane and then all of a sudden they believe him to be one of them? Without any sort of proof or identification, they trust him? And now he can be a spy for the allies?     above Obviously shortened to avoid a 3h movie

9. Steve has seen Diana fight on the shores of Themyscira. And he knows she brought a sword and shield. So why is he so protective of her in the alley and then surprised when she shows that she can fight? This should be old news by now...       --- damsel in distress much?

25. How does Dr. Maru escape and why doesn't Diana follow through on at least capturing her? No matter how innocent and doe-eyed she might have looked, the woman is still a monster.    --- sequel?

Just commenting on some, I disagree with the majority, If I want to be spoonfed every single detail, then the movie will last who knows how many hours! There are obviously plot holes,  but the majority, the audience can fill in with a we-bit of thinking.

13 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

some are acceptable, some are meh... like:

3. The first person to ever come to Themyscira happens to land the very second Diana is at the top of a mountain, has a clear view of the ocean, and is looking in his direction.  ... was it relevant for him to waltz around the island before finding diana? after all the end point is meeting Diana... Obviously shortened to avoid a 3h movie

5. Steve flew into the German occupation on a German plane and then all of a sudden they believe him to be one of them? Without any sort of proof or identification, they trust him? And now he can be a spy for the allies?     above Obviously shortened to avoid a 3h movie

9. Steve has seen Diana fight on the shores of Themyscira. And he knows she brought a sword and shield. So why is he so protective of her in the alley and then surprised when she shows that she can fight? This should be old news by now...       --- damsel in distress much?

25. How does Dr. Maru escape and why doesn't Diana follow through on at least capturing her? No matter how innocent and doe-eyed she might have looked, the woman is still a monster.    --- sequel?

Just commenting on some, I disagree with the majority, If I want to be spoonfed every single detail, then the movie will last who knows how many hours! There are obviously plot holes,  but the majority, the audience can fill in with a we-bit of thinking.

I agree, but here's are some of those moments that author skipped :) 

The way Chris Pine enters a heavily guarded castle fortress after speaking English with German accent, how after the defeat of Aires, the surviving Germans hug each other with our heroes, how there is a Native Indian on western front paying back the white men by smuggling and how he is able to raise the smoke signal fire inside the minute while moving, how the Scott is an incredible shooter that does not fire a single shot in the movie....the list is almost endless :) 

Edited by Yogurth
  • Like 1

I haven't seen it yet, but every comic book movie, and even regular movies, have some sort of "plot holes".  I also believe people are overusing that phrase.  Just because they don't fully explain an event or show it happening at all, doesn't necessarily make it a plot hole.  You don't have to see every single a to be to c to d progression in a story, you can perfectly fill in the gaps, not everything has to be shown to you.    What I consider a plot hole is an event that contradicts something in the story, simple scenes that show something happening that looks impossible in the real world doesn't make it a plot hole, you're just bending things to move the story along without tacking on unnecessary complexity. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wendy oltman said:

Everything made sense to me in this movie as long as I was looking at Gal. She's so so amazing , oh God, how could someone be so perfect. 

lady boner huh 

2 hours ago, wendy oltman said:

Everything made sense to me in this movie as long as I was looking at Gal. She's so so amazing , oh God, how could someone be so perfect. 

She's one of sexiest females i've ever seen.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

lady boner huh 

Girl Wood.   

• 11 months later...
1 minute ago, techbeck said:

Yea, will see the movie just because she is in it.  damn

I'd give her the hottest actress award as well as the horrible acting and horrible line delivery award!

1 minute ago, warwagon said:

I'd give her the hottest actress award as well as the horrible acting and horrible line delivery award!

Yea, but when you look like that, you can get away with certain things.  And something about a hot woman kicking ass tends to distract from things like that.  But hopefully she is better the 2nd time around.

53 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Who really cares about her lines when she is on screen... especially in an action movie... :D

8 hours ago, NinjaGinger said:

I still cant get over travelling by boat from a Greece island to London overnight.

Who said it was overnight?   Just because the scene shifts from them leaving the island at night to them arriving in London in the day doesn't mean they made it in one night.   

1 hour ago, NinjaGinger said:

If you watch the scene carefully, its obvious.

No, it's not, you're making an assumption, because she went to sleep at night when they left and you see her waking up in the morning as they make it to London.  Between the end of the first scene at night when they fall asleep there's a whole other scene with the bad guys before we go back to WW and Steve on the boat.   You aren't given an exact idea of how much time has passed but because the movie transitions to a whole different scene with the bad guys before going back, it's a good bet a good bit of time has passed.  

If it was only a day, like you think, there wouldn't be a scene in the middle breaking it up, we'd have the night scene, Diana goes to sleep, then we cut right to her waking up in the morning in london.  That would imply it was just one night, but that's not what the movie shows us.  Steves line about "catching a ride and making good time" doesn't imply it was one night either, it could've just as well been 5.  When a movie injects a whole different scene between two others, like in this case, it's to time skip, it's always done this way.   Another way to do it is with a quirky map layer showing the path taken which also helps to show time pass but doesn't give you an exact # of days/hours it's taken.  

9 hours ago, George P said:

No, it's not, you're making an assumption, because she went to sleep at night when they left and you see her waking up in the morning as they make it to London.  Between the end of the first scene at night when they fall asleep there's a whole other scene with the bad guys before we go back to WW and Steve on the boat.   You aren't given an exact idea of how much time has passed but because the movie transitions to a whole different scene with the bad guys before going back, it's a good bet a good bit of time has passed.  

If it was only a day, like you think, there wouldn't be a scene in the middle breaking it up, we'd have the night scene, Diana goes to sleep, then we cut right to her waking up in the morning in london.  That would imply it was just one night, but that's not what the movie shows us.  Steves line about "catching a ride and making good time" doesn't imply it was one night either, it could've just as well been 5.  When a movie injects a whole different scene between two others, like in this case, it's to time skip, it's always done this way.   Another way to do it is with a quirky map layer showing the path taken which also helps to show time pass but doesn't give you an exact # of days/hours it's taken.  

Believe it if you want as do I. It doesn't matter.