Unknown Hexis

If any of you are familiar with Linkin Park you will most likely have heard of Chester's tragic death. I believe that he may have been warning about his suicide through the names of th songs in the newest album. This album was "a personal album". Chris Cornell was a close friend of his and committed suicide in nearly the same way as him. The day that would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday is the day Chester committed suicide. I will update on this when I have time but I would like to know what your theories are about his death.

• Like 1

+Dick Montage

An odd thing to make a first post about on a tech board.  You suggest his band allowed the names, but didn't intervene?

• Like 1

Unknown Hexis

@Nefarious Trigger They may not have seen that that's what they meant. They may not have noticed it in the beginning but in hindsight maybe they did.

The Evil Overlord

I'm with Trigger on this, it's a tech site, I don't see how gossip adds any value to it

• Like 2

+Dick Montage
3 minutes ago, Unknown Hexis said:

@Nefarious Trigger They may not have seen that that's what they meant. They may not have noticed it in the beginning but in hindsight maybe they did.

Clutching at straws and armchair psychology!  Not really of much value here...

• Like 1

LimeMaster
Just now, The Evil Overlord said:

I'm with Trigger on this, it's a tech site, I don't see how gossip adds any value to it

It's a tech site with a lot of non-tech sections. Though I do agree that it doesn't need a separate thread.

• Like 4

Unknown Hexis

@Nefarious Trigger I'm not saying that's what happened. I'm saying that it's a possibility. @The Evil Overlord I'm using the off topic conspiracy board not the main boards.

2 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

It's a tech site with a lot of non-tech sections. Though I do agree that it doesn't need a separate thread.

I'm new to using sites like this. I didn't see a section for this that's why I created a thread.

Brandon H

OK folks, the thread is in the correct section. Please do not berate a new member just because their first thread is of a dim topic.

• Like 2

Draconian Guppy
Just now, Brandon H said:

OK folks, the thread is in the correct section. Please do not berate a new member just because their first thread is of a dim topic.

:laugh::p Sorry had to.

Welcome to neowin hex.

I think they were both secretly lovers, hence why he killed himself.  OR maybe he killed chris cornell through erotic asfixiation and was filling guilty

LimeMaster
10 minutes ago, Unknown Hexis said:

I'm new to using sites like this. I didn't see a section for this that's why I created a thread.

It's fine, but you should have posted what you said in the thread linked below. At least you'll know what to do next time:

• Like 1

Unknown Hexis
3 minutes ago, LimeMaster said:

It's fine, but you should have posted what you said in the thread linked below. At least you'll know what to do next time:

Thank you. I'll make sure to do that next time.

• Like 1

The Evil Overlord

a belated welcome to neowin

• Like 3

LimeMaster
Just now, Unknown Hexis said:

Thank you. I'll make sure to do that next time.

Also, welcome to Neowin! :)

• Like 2

+Dick Montage

I don't see any berating!?  Commenting on a thread and it being relevant to another, or a tech forum sure.  Wow, maybe we need a neowin safe space ;)

New User: welcome!

• Like 2

Draconian Guppy
Just now, Nefarious Trigger said:

I don't see any berating!?  Commenting on a thread and it being relevant to another, or a tech forum sure.  Wow, maybe we need a neowin safe space ;)

You can find it here: www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1318488-unofficial-neowin-member-lounge/   ;)

• Like 2

Daedroth

Linkin Park were one of the bands I grew up on, and from what I've read recently and already knew, Chester had more than a tough time during childhood and battled through various pshychological problems throughout his life. These are only some of the reasons why Linkin Park were so sucessful, with those experiences and feelings translated into the band's deep and meaningful lyrics.

With that said, I don't believe that the songs on thier latest album were written or inspired by Chris Cornell's death, as these songs would have been recorded, and certainly written prior to Chris Cornell's death. However, that does not suggest that Chester wasn't expressing himself through these songs. I do believe, like all their songs, the songs on the latest album's song titles and lyrics are heavily inspired by the on-going and previously suffered problems Chester has had throughout his life.

• Like 2

Unknown Hexis
On 7/21/2017 at 10:53 AM, Daedroth said:

Linkin Park were one of the bands I grew up on, and from what I've read recently and already knew, Chester had more than a tough time during childhood and battled through various pshychological problems throughout his life. These are only some of the reasons why Linkin Park were so sucessful, with those experiences and feelings translated into the band's deep and meaningful lyrics.

With that said, I don't believe that the songs on thier latest album were written or inspired by Chris Cornell's death, as these songs would have been recorded, and certainly written prior to Chris Cornell's death. However, that does not suggest that Chester wasn't expressing himself through these songs. I do believe, like all their songs, the songs on the latest album's song titles and lyrics are heavily inspired by the on-going and previously suffered problems Chester has had throughout his life.

I believe you may be correct. When I was referring to Cornell I was speaking of the fact that the important date could have heightened Chester's depression. I to grew up with them and I have to say... Chester's voice will never be matched by anyone.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chandrakant
      Amazon introduces The Golden Era Vinyl subscription service
      by Chandrakant Isi

Vinyl records, the last bastion of analog music in this digital world, has been making a strong comeback. Last year, over 27 million LPs were sold in the US. It is a clear indication that not only the nostalgic folks but also the newer generation has a fascination for vinyl records. To make most of this trend, Amazon, which already lists hundreds of thousand records in its catalog, has announced a new vinyl subscription service.

Dubbed as 'Vinyl of the Month Club: The Golden Era', it offers a single album on vinyl every month. For those not in the know, the golden era of vinyl refers to the 60s and 70s. The service seems like a good idea for young vinyl enthusiasts planning to build their collection. Amazon claims that a monthly record is picked by its experts at Amazon Music. So far, Amazon has revealed that subscribers will get a chance to enjoy the work of legendary artists such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Miles Davis, and Fleetwood Mac.

Upon subscribing to the service, you can find out the current month's album from Amazon's orders page. If you already own that album or it doesn't interest you, simply skip the month's package from the 'Manage Your Subscriptions' page. Amazon also allows subscribers to return a vinyl as long as its packing is intact.

Amazon's Vinyl of the Month Club subscription costs $24.99 per month. The pricing is not bad considering that the cost of popular LPs varies wildly. For instance, Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti currently sells for $34.69 on Amazon.

Amazon's idea seems inspired by the Columbia Record Club from the 50s. Conceived in 1955, it was the first venture to offer music through the mail. The company offered a complimentary record to boost its membership numbers. It was a huge success back then as the company was shipping over seven million vinyl records by 1957.

• By Usama Jawad96
      Google will now warn you when its search results are unreliable
      by Usama Jawad

Google Search is quite heavily used all over the world and as such, the company frequently updates the service with more features. Last month, it revealed that it is working on a new technology called Multitask Unified Model (MUM) to fetch answers to more complex search queries, and this month, it stated that it is enhancing its search results to protect people from online harassment.

Now, it has announced that it will notify users when its search results are unreliable due to certain factors.

While Google maintains that it does its best to provide accurate search results, this can be difficult to do when it comes to breaking news or events that are still developing, where the full scope of certain events is unknown even to the news media industry.

As such, the company is enhancing Google Search so that it will now notify users when this case occurs and request users to check the topic at a later time when more news sources are available. One example of such a notice is "It looks like these results are changing quickly. If this topic is new, it can sometimes take time for results to be added by reliable sources."

This feature works in tandem with others where Google is notifying users when their search queries are not returning good results as well as one where you can utilize the "About this Result" panel that aids you in finding out whether you can consider a website reliable or not. The company says that its latest enhancement is only available in the English language for users in the U.S. for now, but will be rolling out in the other parts of the world soon.

• By Copernic
      iTunes 12.11.3
      by Razvan Serea

iTunes is a free application for Windows PCs. It plays all your digital music and video. It syncs content to your iPod, iPhone, and Apple TV. And it's an entertainment superstore that stays open 24/7.

Organize your music into playlists Edit file information Record compact discs Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built-in iTunes store Run a visualizer to display graphical effects in time to the music Encode music into a number of different audio formats. Changes in iTunes 12.11.3:

This update includes security improvements and adds support for new devices. Download: iTunes 12.11.3 (32-bit) | 168.0 MB (Freeware)
      Download: iTunes 12.11.3 (64-bit) | 191.0 MB
      Links: Apple iTunes Website

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By indospot
      Amazon adds artist merchandise shopping to Amazon Music
      by João Carrasqueira

Amazon Music is getting a new shopping experience built into the app, the online retail giant announced today. Starting today, users will be able to buy official merchandise from their favorite artists directly on Amazon Music, in an attempt to bridge together the music listening experience and other aspects of the fandom.

The shopping experience is launching with merchandise from major artists such as Lady Gaga and Billie Eilish, and Amazon has also secured some exclusives for its platform. Pop artist Selena Gomez will be launching a new line of apparel to coincide with her upcoming EP REVELACIÓN, and an exclusive collection in celebration of rock band Weezer is also available. Other artists with exclusive merchandise on Amazon Music include Gwen Stefani, Pentatonix, Metallica, and Queen.

Sean McMullan, Director of Artist Product and Services at Amazon Music, commented on the launch saying it will help fans develop a stronger connection with their favorite artists:

In addition to the Amazon Music app, artist merchandise can also be bought on the new Merch Shop on Amazon's website. Most of the items available there also include free shipping for Prime members. The big caveat in all of this is that the experience is only available for users in the United States, so you're out of luck if you live anywhere else.

As an Amazon Associate, Neowin may earn commission from qualifying purchases.

• By zikalify
      Apple shares Hearing Study insights for World Hearing Day
      by Paul Hill

In time for World Hearing Day, which takes place globally on March 3, Apple has shared some of its findings from a study it is carrying out on the long-term auditory health of its users in the United States. Apple said the participation levels in this study are on a scale never seen before thanks to the ease of participation; users can partake in the study using an Apple Watch and iPhone and sharing their health data.

One of the interesting findings revealed that 25% of participants experience environmental sounds higher than the World Health Organization’s (WHO) recommended limit. This noise can come from anywhere including traffic, machinery, and public transport. The WHO has estimated that 700 million people around the world will be affected by profound hearing loss by 2050 - with its Noise app on Apple Watch, the tech firm hopes to save some of its users from hearing loss.

Another source of hearing loss is the way we use headphones to listen to music. One in ten of Apple’s participants listen to sounds through headphones at a level above WHO recommendations. Apple says that to protect hearing, users ought to listen to media at the lowest enjoyable volume rather than at full blast.

The study seems to suggest that a lot of people are neglecting their ears; around 10% of participants have been diagnosed with hearing loss by a professional and over these, three-quarters do not use tools such as hearing aids or cochlear implants even though they can reduce the impact of hearing loss. Furthermore, Apple found that a huge 50% of participants hadn’t had their hearing tested by a professional in the last 10 years and a quarter of all participants reported a ringing in their ears which is a sign of hearing loss.

To take part in the study yourself, head over to the App Store and download the Apple Research app. If you’re not sure how good your hearing is or lack access to testing facilities, the World Health Organization provides an app for Android and iOS called HearWHO where you have to listen out for numbers being read out in static, this can give you an estimate about how good your hearing is.