Every time I log in with a different browser or computer I get signed out everywhere.

If I'm logged in on Chrome upstairs and sign in on Chrome downstairs next time I go to Neowin upstairs I have to sign back in. If i'm in Chrome upstairs and open Firefox on the same computer, next time I go to chrome or back down stairs do that computer I have to sign in again.

I suggest a complete format of the PC and reinstall of Windows, if that doesn't help then you may have to replace the sata cables to your SSD or HDD where Windows is installed, if that doesn't help then you may have to call in at an Apple store for some Genius bar help.

But seriously, :p this does not happen to me, I have been setting up my laptop with Chrome as well (synced Google account) and haven't been forced logged out when I've switched between computers.

3 minutes ago, Steven P. said:

I suggest a complete format of the PC and reinstall of Windows, if that doesn't help then you may have to replace the sata cables to your SSD or HDD where Windows is installed, if that doesn't help then you may have to call in at an Apple store for some Genius bar help.

But seriously, :p this does not happen to me, I have been setting up my laptop with Chrome as well (synced Google account) and haven't been forced logged out when I've switched between computers.

I just got to my parent's house and opened chrome on my macbook (on the windows side) went to Neowin.net and I was signed out.

I can't recreate this. I'm signed on to Neowin via my phone (Google Chrome). My PC keeps me signed in.

I opened Firefox on my laptop and closed Chrome on my laptop, then signed in on Firefox. No issue, and when I closed Firefox and started Chrome again I went to the forum and was still signed in.

I'm signed in to Neowin on my work laptop which is currently switched off, but I know for certain that when I get back to the office on Monday I will still be logged in.

Three different devices, two different browsers, and I am continuously logged in. I don't suppose you have your browsers set to clear your browser cache when you close them, do you? Or maybe your computers are set up to clear the cache when you do a restart? That's the only thing I can think of at the second.

EDIT: Another thought, are all your computers that are experiencing this running Windows 10? And by any chance have you used one of those privacy apps to stop Microsoft following your footsteps (an idea I don't agree with, but that's another topic)? I'd put money on that being the culprit if so.

I think we are allowed to be logged in to 2-3 devices at a time.  Any time I log into a 4th device one of the other devices get booted. I have a lot of devices. 

This bug is bugging the f out of me. To the point I actually stopped going to neowin in few instances.

I should be allowed to sign in to more than 10 devices simultaneously.

I'm getting the same issue.

Been happening since around Wednesday/Thursday.

It always makes me worry someone has accessed my account :p (even though I know they haven't)

ahh the 4 concurrent devices makes some sense! 

after a weekend, my work laptop always needs to be logged back into Neowin. :) it doesnt bother me, its just something that happens :) I have at least 4 devices i use at home to access neowin. 

11 minutes ago, Mando said:

ahh the 4 concurrent devices makes some sense! 

after a weekend, my work laptop always needs to be logged back into Neowin. :) it doesnt bother me, its just something that happens :) I have at least 4 devices i use at home to access neowin. 

It’s not per device though. At the very most it’s per browser which I dislike intensely. I go through this little dance whenever I try new browsers. Install new browser, log into site, poof! there goes my phone. 

Just now, Nick H. said:

I got in to work this morning after being away for a week, and I still didn't have to sign in. :unsure:

It's not a time-based issue.

It's not a co-incidence that warwagon, The Evil Overlord, d5aqoëp and I started having this issue at the same time :p

3 minutes ago, Elliot B. said:

It's not a time-based issue.

It's not a co-incidence that warwagon, The Evil Overlord, d5aqoëp and I started having this issue at the same time :p

Oh no, I fully agree. It's just that I can't recreate the issue.

How many devices do all of you need to be signed in with?! I thought being signed in on a phone and two laptops was already plenty. :laugh:

This has been happening with me as well.

I log into Neowin using Chrome on my PC.

If I switch to my phone using a different browser I have to log in again (this logs out my Chrome PC session).

Switching to Chrome on my tablet (Android) I am logged out, and logging in again logs me out on my phone.

This used to work before (I had a session open on different devices but I logged out of one a week or so ago (might be longer)) and now this whole rigmarole is happening.

I can only have one active session / login at the one time which is annoying.

2 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

It’s not per device though. At the very most it’s per browser which I dislike intensely. I go through this little dance whenever I try new browsers. Install new browser, log into site, poof! there goes my phone. 

ahh tbh im pretty much chrome only on all devices, regardless of Os.

1 hour ago, Nick H. said:

Oh no, I fully agree. It's just that I can't recreate the issue.

How many devices do all of you need to be signed in with?! I thought being signed in on a phone and two laptops was already plenty. :laugh:

At the moment it appears I can only be logged in on 1 browser / machine. If I log into Neowin on another browser i have to sign back in on everything.

6 minutes ago, warwagon said:

At the moment it appears I can only be logged in on 1 browser / machine. If I log into Neowin on another browser i have to sign back in on everything.

I wonder what it could be. I'd be surprised if it was something to do with the account (subscriber vs. staff.) But I guess it has to be something, as some people are reporting that they can only have one instance at a time, others are reporting that they hit a limit after <X> number of devices, and then there are people like me who don't seem to be able to recreate the issue at all. :/

I've had the same issue over the past couple of weeks. Signing in with another browser/device logs me out from the other devices. Doesn't matter what browser/device (chrome, edge, 7, 10, phone, work, home, etc). I'll stay logged in on the same device forever...until I log in with another device.  

For example, I'm posting from my phone which will stay logged in all day. However, once I get home and sign in with my desktop or notebook...the phone will get booted. The desktop will boot the notebook and vice versa.

1 minute ago, Jim K said:

I've had the same issue over the past couple of weeks. Signing in with another browser/device logs me out from the other devices. Doesn't matter what browser/device (chrome, edge, 7, 10, phone, work, home, etc). I'll stay logged in on the same device forever...until I log in with another device.  

For example, I'm posting from my phone which will stay logged in all day. However, once I get home and sign in with my desktop or notebook...the phone will get booted. The desktop will boot the notebook and vice versa.

Well at least that rules this out from being a perk of being a staff member. :p

1 minute ago, Nick H. said:

Well at least that rules this out from being a perk of being a staff member. :p

Yea. It really didn't bother me enough to post...until I saw your post. Haha

I remain signed in on Edge and Opera, on two computers and two networks without any issues. Windows 10.

Home desktop: two browsers - home IP (daily).

Surface: two browsers - work IP (daily) and home IP (rarely).

Not contesting that there's a problem somewhere, just trying to add some data about what works and what doesn't.