"Fundamental changes" coming to Xbox achievements

"Fundamental changes" coming to Xbox achievements

For people who only play a lot of one game.

By Tom Phillips Published 10/08/2017

A "fundamental change" to Xbox achievements is coming, Microsoft has teased.

The rework will address the different ways people play games - to highlight people who only play a smaller selection of games but do so a lot, or who only play one game at a very high level.

These people are not well represented by the current 1000 Gamerscore per title system, Microsoft has realised.

"Somebody who only plays multiplayer in Halo 5 at a professional level, maybe they only have 2000 Gamerscore," Xbox exec Mike Ybarra told Windows Central, "[but] you want to be able to celebrate that person.

"This person doesn't play a lot of games, but they're world top ten at Halo 5," he continued. "We're going to go big in the area of letting people show off and represent their gaming history and the type of gamer that they are, far more than we do with Gamerscore."

Continues...

On interesting. I want to put in a request to +1 my gamerscore so I can get rid of that annoying number currently it ends in 219 :(

Definitely be interesting to see what they do, may we'll see something at Gamescom. I like the rarity thing they added to achievements, so you know if you're part of a smaller group of people that managed to get 100% on a game.

1 hour ago, dipsylalapo said:

On interesting. I want to put in a request to +1 my gamerscore so I can get rid of that annoying number currently it ends in 219 :(

Don't you have access to the game which game you the odd number / score? Any time that's happened to me it is usually two very easy achievements which round up to something even / ending in 0 or 5.

31 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Don't you have access to the game which game you the odd number / score? Any time that's happened to me it is usually two very easy achievements which round up to something even / ending in 0 or 5.

I do, but it's not easy :( The game is FIFA 09 and I need to notch up 50 hours on the game for the remaining 1G. I'll probably end up hunting down an easier achievement 

2 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I do, but it's not easy :( The game is FIFA 09 and I need to notch up 50 hours on the game for the remaining 1G. I'll probably end up hunting down an easier achievement 

At least it's an offline achievement :laugh:

XA offers the following advice for it:

Self explanatory, just play Fifa 09 for 50 hours. When doing this you must play and complete matches. Therefore you cannot just leave you xbox on overnight to boost the time played. The hardest yet lowest achievement, just keep playing, it'll come.

A quicker way of getting this is to set up a 4 Minute Half match using 2 controllers, let the game finish a draw, and then let extra time finish as a draw. The match will then proceed to a Penalty Shootout. From there on in, just leave the controllers alone. Because your controller will take too long to take the Penalty, the CPU will take it for you, and will always put it straight down the middle, and the Goalkeeper will always save it, meaning that the game will just keep doing that, you can also leave your xbox on overnight doing this as well.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/fifa-09/guide/

• Haha 1