Removing right-hand bar on Neowin Forums home page

6 hours ago, Circaflex said:

Are you asking how to remove/hide it? Or suggesting that as an option? Or complete removal for everyone?

On some forum software, there's an arrow you can click to hide that sidebar.

Just wondering if Neowin was going to implement that, or if anyone knows of a workaround.

You could use ublock or something like that to pick out the particular element you don't want to see.

I don't wish to be *that* guy, but I personally wouldn't block any elements that contain ads, as every little helps with Neowin. 

That being said ublock or Adblock will do this for you if you need it to, just be aware that it won't necessarily resize the rest of it to fill the gap, you'll just be left with whitespace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, John. said:

I don't wish to be *that* guy, but I personally wouldn't block any elements that contain ads, as every little helps with Neowin. 

That being said ublock or Adblock will do this for you if you need it to, just be aware that it won't necessarily resize the rest of it to fill the gap, you'll just be left with whitespace.

Yeah, that's a shame.

1 hour ago, Elliot B. said:

On some forum software, there's an arrow you can click to hide that sidebar.

Just wondering if Neowin was going to implement that, or if anyone knows of a workaround.

A couple of versions ago Neowin used to have this feature. I always wondered why it was removed.

• Steven P. locked this topic