SD card problems on Nokia 5

Hey guys,

I recently bought a Nokia 5 and switched from my Lumia 640 to it. I've had a pretty annoying problem with the storage though. I inserted my old SD card and formatted it as internal storage so I could move some apps to it. Unfortunately, since moving them to the SD card, occasionally these apps will slow down to a crawl and become nearly unusable. It's not a constant thing, and when they work ok, they work really ok. But every so often they'll have that problem that slows down most of my phone. They seem to work fine again once I move them back into the actual internal storage of the device.

I understand that SD cards are not as fast as internal storage, but with a Class 10 SD card, there seems to be nothing to justify such a tremendous slowdown. It's a Kingston 16GB card, btw. Could this somehow be a problem with the card itself or the phone or is it natural? Should I spring for an UHS-3 card or something?

Recently I also had a problem with the SC card on my Lumia 640, it was a SanDisk Class10, got it replaced under warranty but I lost all my data on it. :( 

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, techbeck said:

Could be a bad card.  Have anther SD card to test with?  Would be the quickest way to tell if it is the card.  Also, any issues copying files to/from the SD card if plugged in to a PC?

I ended up buying a new SD card and it turns out it fixed all my problems. Everything is working great now.

• 4 months later...
On 9/9/2017 at 4:51 PM, indospot said:

I ended up buying a new SD card and it turns out it fixed all my problems. Everything is working great now.

which sd card did u buy?