Microsoft Beta Program Invitation for Wireless Home Networking

Just got invited to participate in the 'Microsoft Beta Program Invitation for Wireless Home Networking' (once approved)

Sounds like some fun... Looks like I am getting free hardware to play with (although I have to send it back when I am done)

The Microsoft Home Networking Team would like to invite you to submit a nomination to participate in their upcoming beta program for Wireless Home Networking. The focus of the program will be on broadband internet connection sharing. A PC with an existing broadband connection is required for participation, along with at least one additional computer. The beta hardware and software will enable this second computer to share the broadband connection with the computer that is already connected to the broadband modem.  

The beta program will begin in early April and end in late April or early May. We are seeking participants who will be able to provide good feedback during that time frame.  

Beta testers will be expected to file bugs through the Beta Place web site, thoughtfully complete surveys, perform some specific tests targeted at their home configuration, and use their existing internet applications with the beta hardware and software.    

Our goal is to have a group of testers willing to actively participate and provide useful feedback to our development team. Regular and consistent participation throughout the program is required . Please carefully consider your willingness and ability to test Wireless Home Networking. Your feedback will be critical to the success of our product.  

All beta testers will be supported throughout the beta cycle.  

Beta testers can expect the following:  

The ability to download updates through BetaPlace, an authenticated Web site  

Technical and peer-to-peer support provided through private beta newsgroups  

Ability to submit bug reports online  

Periodic surveys hosted on BetaPlace to obtain your input on various technical and usability issues  

Beta kits need to be returned at the end of the program (shipping will be pre-paid)  

Rewards for top bug submitters  

Beta testers will receive Wireless Home Networking hardware and software once the product has been finalized.

Looks like MS is working extra hard I got this today:

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I wanted to drop you a quick note and let you know about a couple Beta programs that are starting up in the very near future for Microsoft SQL Server!

The first Beta program is for the 64-bit version of SQL Server 2000, code named Liberty, which is scheduled to start on February 11th. If you are running memory intensive loads against SQL Server, you may want to check this out. Participation in the Liberty Beta requires that you have 64-bit hardware running Windows .NET Server BETA 3 (also known as Windows Limited Edition v1.1).

The second Beta program, SQL Server 7.0 Service Pack 4, starts just about a week later on February 20th. If you?ve still got a lot of SQL 7.0 servers out there (and most of you do), I highly recommend participating in this program. Just as in the SQL Server 2000 SP2 beta program, we?ll have all kinds of great stuff going on to keep it interesting, from newsgroup support including product team members to contests and promotions!

If you are interested in either of these Beta programs, please stop by the SQL Server Beta website at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/be...nominations.asp and sign up! I had a great time with you folks working on SP2, I hope you?ll join us for one of these exciting programs!

If you have any questions on the above programs, please drop me a line!

Believe it or not MS has and Q Article on how to become a beta tester...

I have been an M$ beta test since windows 95 :old: