Transferring Western Digital SSD from Old PC to New One

Hi All

Would it be possible to transfer my current Western Digital SSD to newer PC I have just ordered?  I know possibly voids the warranty to open the case, but so would like the SSD to continue as boot drive after I make system image of the current 1tb hard drive that comes with the new one, so I have a system image of it just in case something goes wrong

Do I move the current 1tb hard drive up a slot, and place this one in the spot where the original 1tb hard drive was?  

System is an Asus G11CD Intel I7, 8gb of ddr4 ram, Nvidia 1050 2gb video

Current System AMD FX 8310 8gb of ddr3 ram, radeon r7 240  2tb storage drive, 1 ssd drive, western digital 250gb blue, life lift 98 percent

Thank you all in Advance

BTW your new computer is not much of an upgrade.

So it is not clear what exactly you are asking since surely you are aware that you can move drives between computers.

The physical position does not affect the boot order, that is set in the BIOS or you can just re-direct the SATA cables.

Should be a great upgrade for gaming.  Bulldozer was never terrible but never really that good either.

and yeah, moving an SSD is really easy.  If it was a system drive that could make things interesting...if you’re not used to dealing with that stuff.

Yeah well just wanted to be sure on things

Finishing File backups today, scheduled delivery is tomorrow for new system,  So should be great!!,  just have to get the SSD transferred after system image of the currently installed drive (gonna still do clean install though I believe onto the SSD, SSD is system drive on current system, probably will be system drive on new one as well)    

Thanks everyone for the replies

Well System almost here, then joyous task of setting up on Monday September 18th,   Get my components setup, all software reconfigured, all updates in, and should be smooth sailing,  Always used Pre builts here, as not skilled builder...way back in year 2000 tried building a system got from TigerDirect and utter failure

Don't have the patience for one thing,  Secondly prefer Pre Built as there warranted for a year,  components that I can upgrade will be done within 3-4 months, Power supply probably being the first thing if funds allow by Christmas or perhaps my birthday.   Thinking of going with Evga 650watt PSU modular in the future, then saving up for 16gb of ram, and I should be all set for a long long time