A2DP volume : Set certain volume levels when specified  Bluetooth devices connect.

I found a great free app on the Google Play store last night called "A2DP Volume" which helped me with an annoyance I had. I recently got a new car stereo which has Bluetooth so I can stream audio (Podcasts) from my phone to my stereo wirelessly. The problem I had was notifications were also coming over my Stereo.

So I'd be listening to a podcast and all of the sudden Sara would send me a Facebook message and an excruciating DING!!!!!!!!! would come blasting over my car speakers scaring the living crap out of me.

I could have adjusted the notification volume before I got in my car but I would always forget. If I remembered to turn it down when I would get in the car, I would forget to turn it back up when I would get out of the car. So I went looking for a solution and I found "A2DP Volume".

What A2DP volume does is let you set certain volume levels when certain Bluetooth devices are connected. Now when I get in my car, and my phone connects to my Bluetooth car stereo, the Notification volume automatically gets turned all the way down. Once it disconnects from the stereo they get turned all the way back up.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=a2dp.Vol&hl=en

Hmm I didn't even know this is a problem! I have had many Android phones connected to different car Bluetooth systems but the notification volume never got respected, so all notification sounds were (for the lack of a better word) 'normal' volume. I keep my notification sound all the way up so that I can hear any messages that come to my phone (for on-call) 

1 hour ago, tsupersonic said:

Hmm I didn't even know this is a problem! I have had many Android phones connected to different car Bluetooth systems but the notification volume never got respected, so all notification sounds were (for the lack of a better word) 'normal' volume. I keep my notification sound all the way up so that I can hear any messages that come to my phone (for on-call) 

In my case, I'm not affected by not hearing the notification sounds, as I have a Navdy in my car which would display Any Text Message or Facebook Message on the screen as it comes in.