Disable notifications system-wide on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)?

I have a Pumpkin 13-RQ0278E-UK (Pumpkin website | Amazon UK). touchscreen car stereo running 2014's Android 5.x (Lollipop).

I have around 25 apps on there.

Since it's just a car stereo that I use to play music, I don't need any notifications from any apps.

The device is not rooted (and won't be, as it's running on Intel's SoFIA platform).

Is it possible to disable notifications system-wide on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) without going into each app setting individually and turning off notifications?

Edited by Elliot B.

I don't know about 5.1.1 but can't imagine things being too different, but I found the following

Settings > Notificatons > Cog icon > Change/update "On the lock screen" to "Don't show notifications at all"

When you say you have a touchscreen running a car stereo, do you mean that you mean that you have a phone/device running a few apps to stream music/radio to the car stereo or is it a built in device?

43 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

I don't know about 5.1.1 but can't imagine things being too different, but I found the following

Settings > Notificatons > Cog icon > Change/update "On the lock screen" to "Don't show notifications at all"

When you say you have a touchscreen running a car stereo, do you mean that you mean that you have a phone/device running a few apps to stream music/radio to the car stereo or is it a built in device?

It's a Pumpkin 13-RQ0278E-UK (Pumpkin website | Amazon UK).

eb_not511-1.thumb.png.ef3db74f3dac4feb08a5d57e20017fd2.png

eb_not511-2.thumb.png.482649c05cc88e08a1b63438d94e0721.png

eb_not511-3.thumb.png.e9eb6940b3ac8f992dd04b0ed92ca301.png

There is no Notifications sub-menu. I believe that was added in Android 6.x (As 'Sound & notification') but even that sub-menu only allowed you to change the notification sounds.

I see nowhere to disable them at once, only by going into each of the roughly 25 apps manually and disabling them there.

Edited by Elliot B.

Don't think you can do so globally, but your can turn off the notifications individually per app but going to settings/apps and then selecting each app and unchecking the notifications.