LG K10 problems

I have been using the K10 for around 3 months and have been plagued with issues since I started using it. Lately I have been plagued with horrible battery life, I even bought a new battery to check (no change), and the biggest problem I am having is 2 issues: #1)I have my Asus Zenwatch paired to it and randomly the phone loses it (I get the pairing request message) and #2) I use an app for our local bus transit to pay fares, and lately it seems to loose the fact that it is logged in and I have to go through the whole 2fa to login again (takes around a min or so) and I am not aware of the issue until I attempt to use it. I really have no idea what is wrong with the phone and since I can not figure out what is causing the issues I can not fix them. Does anybody have any ideas what to do?

I've had problems on and off with Android Wear 2.0 disconnects using another phones so the Zen Watch issue may NOT be your K10. Since my wife and I got the Wear 2.0 update, we have had way more disconnects/re-pairing prompts than before.  We use different phones, with different versions of Android. My watch is an LG G Watch R and hers is a Moto 360 2nd gen. The only thing in common is Wear 2.0 so that's likely the issue with the watch. As for the bus app, can't say but that sounds like a bad app update. 

As for the battery, one thing you can do is start the phone in safe mode and watch your battery usage. I don't know what version of Android you are running so that will factor in. Doze in 6.0 wasn't too bad. Got better in 7.0. In safe mode with the phone in standby, you shouldn't see drastic battery drops. If you do, its the phone. If you do not, then you have a bad app (or two or several) that aren't sleeping correctly.  Check your awake time in the battery stats. Ideally it will match closely to your screen time. If you have a lot of 'awake' time that doesn't correspond to screen time, you have a bad app. 

Now finding the bad apps can be tricky without rooting your phone. Best is to run your phone as normal and when you see that awake time sticking, start killing apps (force stop) one at a time and wait/watch.   

1 minute ago, Zag L. said:

I've had problems on and off with Android Wear 2.0 disconnects using another phones so the Zen Watch issue may NOT be your K10. Since my wife and I got the Wear 2.0 update, we have had way more disconnects/re-pairing prompts than before.  We use different phones, with different versions of Android. My watch is an LG G Watch R and hers is a Moto 360 2nd gen. The only thing in common is Wear 2.0 so that's likely the issue with the watch. As for the bus app, can't say but that sounds like a bad app update. 

As for the battery, one thing you can do is start the phone in safe mode and watch your battery usage. I don't know what version of Android you are running so that will factor in. Doze in 6.0 wasn't too bad. Got better in 7.0. In safe mode with the phone in standby, you shouldn't see drastic battery drops. If you do, its the phone. If you do not, then you have a bad app (or two or several) that aren't sleeping correctly.  Check your awake time in the battery stats. Ideally it will match closely to your screen time. If you have a lot of 'awake' time that doesn't correspond to screen time, you have a bad app. 

Now finding the bad apps can be tricky without rooting your phone. Best is to run your phone as normal and when you see that awake time sticking, start killing apps (force stop) one at a time and wait/watch.   

The phone is running Android 7.0.

Is Doze an app? As far as rooting the phone, I have tried but can not seem to do it.

Doze is the sleep system in the OS. If you are on 7.0, Doze (sleep) should be very easy to see on that battery monitor. I'd not root at this point as its probably not needed - at least yet. When I let me phone sit for any period of time with the screen off, the battery monitor should almost be a flat line. If yours isn't, test in safe mode for 30 minutes or so to see if you get that flat battery consumption line.  Remember, you need to just let it sit idle with the screen off. If you get that flat battery line in safe mode, you definitely have a rouge app with bad wake events. If you do not get that flat consumption line in safe mode, your phone does have some issue.